[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has FFL caused you to cheer against your Team or

BearcatTom

I grew up in Ohio and was a Browns fan for many years. I have since moved to Charlotte and am now a Panthers fan, mainly because of my sons. But I still have a place in my heart for the Brownies.

Due to my Browns allegiance, I still hate the Ravens and Modell with a passion. I was at the last "old" Browns' game and have my seat from the Dog Pound in my den.

So, it is with mixed emotions this week that I have to cheer for the Balt. def. to go off on the Browns because I have the Ravens' def. and need them to have a big week to advance to the playoffs!!!

I also remember a Monday night game years ago when Bernie K :D:D , was still the Browns' QB. They were playing Miami, and the Browns RB (can't remember who) broke a long run. He looked like he was going to score and my buddy (also a Browns fan) and I were jumping up and down screaming for him to run like the win, when he reminded me that he had that RB on his FFL team. The kicker was that we were playing each other. We scored bonus pts for TD distance and if the RB scored my friend would have scored like 16 pts for that play alone!!!!

I started screaming for Miami to tackle him!!!! My buddy about knocked me out!! Lucky for me, they did knock him out around the 1 yd line and then someone else scored on the next play for the Browns!!!

Anyone else have to cheer against your "home" team because of FFL?

This has been a discussion here several times. My outlook has never changed. I will root for an individual player to have a good game if I own him....however.... I do not root against my team and I always root for my team to win. If I get a nice game out of a player going against my team and my team wins I have the best of two worlds... if my team loses I am not a very happy person no matter what a player I own does against them.

I never root for a team that I dislike. Doesn't matter what I might need in FF or not need. Might as well go out and shoot myself were I to root for the cowboys to do well or win. That is just never going to happen. I would rather lose all my FF games than root for dallas to win.

I will root for an individual player to have a good game if I own him....however.... I do not root against my team and I always root for my team to win. If I get a nice game out of a player going against my team and my team wins I have the best of two worlds... if my team loses I am not a very happy person no matter what a player I own does against them.

+1

Non-playoff game (ff), i normally go out of my way to not play people against the Eagles (partially for rooting reasons, partially cause by lineup time sunday morning I'm convinced the eagles will throw a shutout up) and if it's a no brainer, I do it, and do my best to forget about it, and if my guy scores, don't boo (at the TV) as loud (but do get REALLY pissed when another guy scores instead of my guy, cause now it's not just a score on the Eagles, but i got screwed)

Now, in saying that, in my big money league, in the playoffs, I'd (if made sense) start the guy and actually probably clap when they scored, still with the concept of Eagles win/my guy does well.

This year not an issue (no giants or cowboys), but pretending I had Terrell Owens next week on Monday, was down 4 with 1 minute left in the game, Cowboys on our 30 and down 4 themselves....i really don't know what I would do (especially if the real game was for the East title)....if it came down to "eagles win, take the east" vs "ff player scores to win me championship (and $3k)"....

man, really don't know - in a year like this, where I don't see us (eagles) having a chance at a Super Bowl title....may have to lean to the FF victory

luckily, don't have to think about this year

I don't know if I could participate in fantasy football if I had a favorite NFL team. For example, if I participated in college, I would draft Gator after Gator after Gator. I would never, ever draft players from certain teams (e.g., fsu, univ of miami) because I am incapable of rooting for certain teams to play well or have success. If I owned a player that was going against the Gators, I wouldn't start him and I wouldn't root for him.

This year I'm cheering fopr Driver and a high Packer draft pick. Mike Sherman ran our team into the ground so it's re-building time. He wasn't experienced enough to be a GM. I don't dislike him, but he should have turned down the job.

So, I don't like losing, but know it's going to happen so why not move up in the drfat.

This has been a discussion here several times. My outlook has never changed. I will root for an individual player to have a good game if I own him....however.... I do not root against my team and I always root for my team to win. If I get a nice game out of a player going against my team and my team wins I have the best of two worlds... if my team loses I am not a very happy person no matter what a player I own does against them.

I never root for a team that I dislike. Doesn't matter what I might need in FF or not need. Might as well go out and shoot myself were I to root for the cowboys to do well or win. That is just never going to happen. I would rather lose all my FF games than root for dallas to win.

Ditto!