[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heading to East Africa...Tanzania, Kilimanjaro

Guest ksu70

Been to Angola and Mozambique just South of where your going.

Tanzania is just below the equator and is hot all the time (year round).

Beautiful country be sure and take a good camera. Probably sell the camera for a profit just before you leave. :D

Edited by jackshi17

Did the whole safari thing in 1995 and again in 1999/2000 for the millenium. Both trips lasted about 2 weeks in the bush "luxury tenting" - a definite awesome experience.

It was very hot during the day - usually around 90, but cooled off during the evening - sometimes actually was pretty cold.

Definitely take a light-weight long sleve shirt (preferably white and 100% cotton) for during the day and a wide brim hat - just to keep the sun off you.

For the evening I usually had long pants and at least one sweatshirt - might want to have an extra layer available.

Did take too many clothes, since they did wash in camp when we were out on safari during the day.

Camera and binoculars are a must - I had a SLR with various lens (pre-digital) and also took a small point& shoot model for prints. I also lugged along my spotting scope (20x-40x).

Spent both trips in the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater (a must see!), Tarangire NP, Arusha NP, and Lake Manyara.

Feel free to PM if you want to some more info.

PS - Don't go walking off into the bush, you might be the lions next meal.

That sounds absolutely amazing...take plenty of pictures to share here...

hey nogo, got any pics of your trip?

I took slides and photos - probably at least 4 carousels of slides and 2 books of prints.

I'll have to scan in some of the good photos and post them.

you better get someone to set your hoops lineup or TOSU will put you in the corner with your nose against the wall. :D

I called David Stern to make sure my line-ups would be adequate. Good point! :D

The trip is coming together. Leaving Jan 19th and will be there for three weeks. Four days in Zanzibar for some scuba diving and such and then off to the Kilimanjaro area. Nogo, I am doing a Lake Manyara, Serengeti & Ngorongoro Crater safari tour. I am doing my camera homework now and got seven friggin' shots yesterday for all the various diseases I hope I don't contract. I will bring a picture of Puddy's avatar and place in the mouth of the first lion I see to spread the Huddle gospel. :D

The trip is coming together. Leaving Jan 19th and will be there for three weeks. Four days in Zanzibar for some scuba diving and such and then off to the Kilimanjaro area. Nogo, I am doing a Lake Manyara, Serengeti & Ngorongoro Crater safari tour. I am doing my camera homework now and got seven friggin' shots yesterday for all the various diseases I hope I don't contract. I will bring a picture of Puddy's avatar and place in the mouth of the first lion I see to spread the Huddle gospel. :D

Owww ... I almost forgot about them! :D

Also, be sure to get a prescription of Cipro to take along just in case ... it beats having to take Imodium or the likes for several days (will knock out the germs in less than 12 hours).

You'll love the Crater - 120 square miles filled with hundreds of thousands of animals. Great place to see lions, elephants (big tuskers!) and probably the only place to see rhinos. Make sure to hit the hippo pool.

This is the group I used for my past two trips and will probably be using them again for my next trip - check out Treks

I'll PM you some adtl. info.

Nogo, I've dreamed of a safari for years. Please tell me all there is to know at mountaineer30680@yahoo.com. I want to take a good .375 H&H bolt gun for plains game and a double in something like that big Ashurst (.460?) for the dangerous stuff.

BTW, if you haven't seen me around here before some of the older members can vouch for me (Big John, Atomic, Duchess Jack I almost consider friends, though we've never met). I just really want to hear about this safari.

Nogo, I've dreamed of a safari for years. Please tell me all there is to know at mountaineer30680@yahoo.com. I want to take a good .375 H&H bolt gun for plains game and a double in something like that big Ashurst (.460?) for the dangerous stuff.

BTW, if you haven't seen me around here before some of the older members can vouch for me (Big John, Atomic, Duchess Jack I almost consider friends, though we've never met). I just really want to hear about this safari.

smile bring a 17 and make it sporting