[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seattle rabbi: go #### yourself

BeeR

I don't see any Constitutional issue with trees or Rudolph. I do have a problem, though, with the fact that my local government's borough building has a nativity scene out front. I may have to sue them. :D

Then we are in complete agreement! Group hug!!

My point is this. I'm not religious so I don't really care either way. I choose to embrace the season as an excuse to exchange presents and go to parties.

That said, if I did care about another religion enough, I may grow tired of having the symbols of a holiday that celebrates a religion that says I'm going to hell because I don't believe their version of how things went down to be rather annoying.

I am not religious and am agnostic at most. I have a christmas tree every year and exchange presents and enjoy Christmas. Its become a secular winter holiday too. For you to argue that the Christmas tree is a religious symbol is wrong. Not only because the Supreme Court has decided this issue about 10 times already, but quite literally. The symbol of the christian church is the cross, the fish, and the virgin mary image in that grilled cheese sandwich. The tree aint it pal....

:bash: I didn't say it was.

Did you miss this part of the quoted commentary:

I don't see any Constitutional issue with trees or Rudolph. I do have a problem, though, with the fact that my local government's borough building has a nativity scene out front. I may have to sue them. :D

Not only did you as a taxpayer most likely pay for said offence, but you could also pay for removal of said offence by filing a lawsuit which the taxpayers would have to defend. :D

My youngest is in kindergarten at a local public school. They had their Christmas program last night, and while not overtly christian, it did have major christian undertones. There was no mention of God or Christ, but there were several reminders to rememeber the reason of the season, and that it isn't just about getting presents or decorating trees. I was pleasently suprised.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

My youngest is in kindergarten at a local public school. They had their Christmas program last night,

My son's daycare decided to have their Christmas program tonight. One hour after kickoff of the Seahawks game. :D It will be interesting as he goes to daycare at a church. My wife and I aren't religious at all, but this place seemed a much better option than having a bunch of hippies watching him all day.

My son's daycare decided to have their Christmas program tonight. One hour after kickoff of the Seahawks game. :D It will be interesting as he goes to daycare at a church. My wife and I aren't religious at all, but this place seemed a much better option than having a bunch of hippies watching him all day.

Hippies vs Religious zealots... :D