[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Al Gore and Me are John Kerrys Friends!

spain

Dear Friend,

I admire Al Gore for his outspoken activism in the fight against global warming.

In the last year, his "An Inconvenient Truth" has brought the science of global climate change to millions of Americans in a dramatic and persuasive way. Al was an early leader and a visionary on climate change -- and if he had not just been elected but been inaugurated as president, America today would be the world's leading advocate, not the world's leading opponent, of preventing climate change.

Like you, I share Al Gore's grave concern about the environmental threat posed by global climate change. Teresa and I go way back with Al in our engagement on this gathering crisis. Now, within the next decade, if we don't deal with global warming, our children and grandchildren will have to deal with global catastrophe. It is time to stop debating fiction writers, oil executives and flat-earth politicians, and actually do something.

That's why I'm asking the johnkerry.com community to join MoveOn, the Sierra Club, the League of Conservation Voters and others in sponsoring nationwide house parties crucial to our environmental future. It's all built around the DVD release of Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth."

On Saturday, Americans will get together at house parties all over the country, watch the film on DVD, have a national conference call to discuss next steps, and start seriously mobilizing people. Participants will get a chance to talk to Al Gore and ask him questions.

Can you attend a screening in your town on Saturday, December 16? Click below to get started.

Find a house party near you

You know the underlying message of Al Gore's movie. It's not just that global warming is shaping up as a catastrophe of enormous dimensions. It's that, together, we have the ability to stop this disaster -- if we act now.

Saturday's house parties are a great opportunity. This massive effort to organize and spread the word about "An Inconvenient Truth" is one of the best chances we've had in a long time to demonstrate how serious the problem is -- and how serious we are about pushing Congress toward real solutions. More on that later -- in this new Congress the johnkerry.com community will have our own bipartisan opportunity to make Washington stop spinning and start solving this problem.

There's no doubt that "An Inconvenient Truth" has struck a responsive chord. The DVD of the movie sold more than a million copies in its first week. When strong leaders like Al Gore step forward to educate and organize people around vitally important issues, they deserve our full support.

Help spread the word.

Find a house party near you

Thanks for taking part in this crucial undertaking.

Sincerely,

John Kerry

P.S. We may have to wait to January until the new Democratic Congress convenes to force elected leaders to take real action on global warming. But, we can start organizing public support for real leadership on this vitally important issue right now. Let's get started.