[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hate Banks and credit cards

cliaz

I bank with Bank of America. Since my company hosts all of their internal networks all of the banking fees are waived. If it wasn't for that I'd be with someone else because they charge out the a$$.

Anyways for the past 6 months they have been non-stop pushing a credit card on me. I get the phone calls and I tell them i'm not interested and do not call back. I get the mail twice a week and everytime I go to the bank the tellers push it on me. I keep telling them no no NO NO NO NONONO!!!!! but they still do it.

Now the final straw has dropped. With my mail tonight they sent me the credit card with a nice long letter thanking me for opening the line of credit with them. $25,000 limit with fees and get this interest rate of 18%. My credit rating is 790 last time i check (few months back) so the fact they would offer me that horrible interest rate really gets my goat.

So now I am closing all of my accounts with bank of america after work tomorrow and moving over to BB&T.

:rantoff:

I bank with Bank of America. Since my company hosts all of their internal networks all of the banking fees are waived. If it wasn't for that I'd be with someone else because they charge out the a$$.

Anyways for the past 6 months they have been non-stop pushing a credit card on me. I get the phone calls and I tell them i'm not interested and do not call back. I get the mail twice a week and everytime I go to the bank the tellers push it on me. I keep telling them no no NO NO NO NONONO!!!!! but they still do it.

Now the final straw has dropped. With my mail tonight they sent me the credit card with a nice long letter thanking me for opening the line of credit with them. $25,000 limit with fees and get this interest rate of 18%. My credit rating is 790 last time i check (few months back) so the fact they would offer me that horrible interest rate really gets my goat.

So now I am closing all of my accounts with bank of america after work tomorrow and moving over to BB&T.

:rantoff:

They just opened you an account :D

That's gonna change your credit score....and if you close it that can negatively effect your score as well :D at least that is what I was told.

I say send me the card, I'll run it up to the limit on midgets and booze, and you can say you never got it and you never asked to open a credit account in the first place :bash:

They just opened you an account :D

That's gonna change your credit score....and if you close it that can negatively effect your score as well :D at least that is what I was told.

I say send me the card, I'll run it up to the limit on midgets and booze, and you can say you never got it and you never asked to open a credit account in the first place :bash:

probably one of those deals where IF you use it you agree to the terms blah blah blah....i bet you have the ability to call BoA and they will tell you its not an active account until you make it active

probably one of those deals where IF you use it you agree to the terms blah blah blah....i bet you have the ability to call BoA and they will tell you its not an active account until you make it active

AAAAAH :D You're probably right oh wise one :D

I didn't think of that.

I’ve been with BofA for 3 years now and that kind of crap has happened to me twice already. I hate that place. If it wasn’t for the fact that I have a whole bunch of bills set up to automatically come out of my checking account each month I’d switch to another bank. I’m just too lazy to go somewhere else and set up the bills again. Might make for a good New Years resolution.

how is closing a credit card negatively effect your score??

I spoke with a lady who does mortgage financing and she was explaining to me some of the things that can effect your score one was having your cards maxed out and she said paying them off and closing them can in some instances drop your score........She said it's better to have them at 50% or below to be favorable to the financing companies.

Now this was just one chick I talked to and I usually don't listen to chicks anyway :D

Edited by ChuckB

I've been with Bank of America since 1995 and they've been very good to me. I recently had a mix up with a money transfer hitting my account after my check went in and they tried to put it in twice. Bank of America did a stop payment at no charge, and refunded the two check bouncing fees as my record with them is pristine and I have a credit score over 800.

And, I like their online banking.

I've been with Bank of America since 1995 and they've been very good to me. I recently had a mix up with a money transfer hitting my account after my check went in and they tried to put it in twice. Bank of America did a stop payment at no charge, and refunded the two check bouncing fees as my record with them is pristine and I have a credit score over 800.

And, I like their online banking.

that's the one thing they have no equal on. Their on line banking is freaking awesome.

I spoke with a lady who does mortgage financing and she was explaining to me some of the things that can effect your score one was having your cards maxed out and she said paying them off and closing them can in some instances drop your score........She said it's better to have them at 50% or below to be favorable to the financing companies.

Now this was just one chick I talked to and I usually don't listen to chicks anyway :D

This is accurate, I heard this from my mortgage lady also and I was able secure a decent rate. 50% or less is good, closing accounts is not necessarily a good thing.