[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IE7

Scare Tactics

Downloaded IE7, dont like it or want it, is there an easy way to go back to what i had before? Or do i have to totally uninstall 7, then D/L 6??

system restore?

oh and get FireFox it is the bombdiggity :D

Edited by keggerz

son of a girlie

when I was logging off on my laptop and school today it asked me if I wanted to install updates as part of shutting down. I hit ok by mistake, but didn't think anything of it (it did NOT say "install IE7")

And now I look up at the blue bar across the top of my screen and read "IE7" :D

(and this was after our system admins told us not to install it until after they made sure it was compatible with the rest of our software) :D

Edited by wiegie

Downloaded IE7, dont like it or want it, is there an easy way to go back to what i had before? Or do i have to totally uninstall 7, then D/L 6??

I downloaded it but didn't play with it much because I could not get Oracle Apps to run with it. I went into the "Add or Remove Programs" in the Control Panel (make sure that "Show Updates" at the top is checked), clicked the Change/Remove button for IE 7 and got rid of it which put me back to IE6. I'm on XP by the way.

I use Firefox 2.0 anyway, but wanted to see what IE7 was like.

Edited by Gunther

I downloaded it but didn't play with it much because I could not get Oracle Apps to run with it. I went into the "Add or Remove Programs" in the Control Panel (make sure that "Show Updates" at the top is checked), clicked the Change/Remove button for IE 7 and got rid of it which put me back to IE6. I'm on XP by the way.

I use Firefox 2.0 anyway, but wanted to see what IE7 was like.

That did the trick.... Thanks

IE7 was a mandatory update at my work.

Unfortunately for us, it wasn't compatable with some of our stuff, and we were down for 3 days.

I don't like it either. Why can't they just leave well enough alone?? :D

:D

Your IT Dept just made it mandatory without testing against your applications and web usage?? Jeez, I'd fire the guy that did that.

:D

Your IT Dept just made it mandatory without testing against your applications and web usage?? Jeez, I'd fire the guy that did that.

:bash: We test it in our lab here it seems like forever before it goes out. We probably won't updgrade to IE 7 until sometime next year. I did install it at home and have had no problems with it though :D

We know for a fact that it won't work with our web apps at work.

So the Sysadmins sent out a company wide email to disable Automatic Updates. I hope no new Security holes are busted open on Windows now that require an automatic update... :D

i am not sure but I think there is a way to ignore that one update forever

We know for a fact that it won't work with our web apps at work.

So the Sysadmins sent out a company wide email to disable Automatic Updates. I hope no new Security holes are busted open on Windows now that require an automatic update... :D

We have windows updates disabled on all of our workstations. All patches are tested in out test lab and then rolled out via SMS. Every second tuesday of the month, black tuesday, Microsoft releases their patches and then by friday of that week they are being rolled out minus the ones not needed (ie7 being a prime example until fully tested)

We have windows updates disabled on all of our workstations. All patches are tested in out test lab and then rolled out via SMS. Every second tuesday of the month, black tuesday, Microsoft releases their patches and then by friday of that week they are being rolled out minus the ones not needed (ie7 being a prime example until fully tested)

+1, except we use a different system to SMS