[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2007, What Rookie RB's Will Be Making An Impact?

Lonestar39

wonder what the chance is that the first RB drafted ends up in CLE? Who really needs a RB?

GB - Ahman Green brittle and old

DET - if KJ looks like he will be out most of year

NYJ - Have to think they will. HAVE to think they will.

HOU - this has to make you laugh

Who else has a big need?

Or cry. If Houston drafts a RB he had better not be a bust or the city will hurt someone in Texas management.

To think they could be sporting a Bush right now instead of a Willy has got to hurt.

Edited by Cowboyz1

wonder what the chance is that the first RB drafted ends up in CLE? Who really needs a RB?

Who else has a big need?

Cleveland, Rub is just not going to get it done for them. Vision problem

Oakland, Jordan is not the answer and neither is Fargas.

Arizona, as Edge looks a little long in the tooth dispite having a horrible O line.

Lynch

Lynch certainly has the power and skills to make an impact in the NFL. J.J. Arrington he is NOT. He'll actually be underrated coming into the draft and some team (that may not even need him) is going to get a complete steal. If he goes to the "right" team, he could easily take the ROY award.

Adrian Peterson's a sexy choice with his talent and pedigree. He'll be a solid NFL RB. Michael Bush has a nice size/speed combination, but there are rumors he'll come back for his redshirt senior season after being out this past season. Kenny Irons is a solid, pure SEC RB that has a nice power running game, but will that translate to NFL success? Dwayne Wright is a name that'll fly below many NFL radars, but could prove to be a solid pro with his athletic ability and power. Some other names to look for include Kenneth Darby from Alabama, Tony Hunt from Penn State and maybe even a guy like Selvin Young from Texas.

All in all, it's a rather weak draft for RBs. But there could certainly be some diamonds in the rough.

Who else has a big need?

I could seriously write a book on this... in fact................ :D

Probable to sign a ree agent or draft a RB (but not saying in the first round):

Green Bay - Ahman is up there in age and free agent after this year. Morency is decent as a 3rd down option.

Cleveland - I suspect it's more the fact that they lost 3 starting OL in the pre-season. Probably not a first round RB at least.

Houston - defeinitely. Pretty cool if they end up with Peterson after passing on Bush.

Miami - yes Ricky may be back, but can't see them relying on Ronnie Brown by himself again.

NY Jets - definitely. Leon is the scat back. Cedric was in danger of being cut pre-season. Barlow and Blaylock are gone. Need a real starter.

Baltimore - Lewis signed essentially a one year deal. Anderson is old. Musa hurt bad. Proably a candidate to sign a free agent.

Indianapolis - Rhodes is a free agent. Addai never really carried the load ever. They need a RB for depth.

Tennessee - Brown is gone. Henry is due a $8.3mil roster bonus, he restructures or is gone. That leaves Lendale and no one.

Oakland - Not too worried about Lamont, but behind him is a pile of goo.

NY Giants - Barber retires. free agent or draft pick to replace his style of play. A compliment to Jacobs.

Philadelphia - rumors will always surface about adding a big back to the attack. Perhaps a guy like TJ Duckett?

Detroit - only if Jones doesn't come back. They do have Calhoun coming back from injury.

Carolina - Foster could be let go, if so, they'd want to add another RB for depth.

Tampa Bay - Pittman and Alstott will eventually be set free. Late round pick.

St Louis - I don't think they want to keep going with Davis as the primary back-up.

Denver - they were looking at Maroney this year. Always expect them to change around the backfield each year.

Edited by Riffraff

Cleveland, Rub is just not going to get it done for them. Vision problem

Oakland, Jordan is not the answer and neither is Fargas.

Arizona, as Edge looks a little long in the tooth dispite having a horrible O line.

I don't think Jordan was the problem there in Oakland. I think he could have a chance to succeed.

Ditto for Edge. I personally didn't buy in to the whole "Edge will totally suck in Arizona" thing that surfaced this past offseason. I honestly didn't think Arizona's OL was THIS bad... I seriously thought Edge would put up decent fantasy stats. I think he still can...

But yeah, I'll agree that Droughns is nowhere near a long-term option in Cleveland.

let's not forget Garret Wolfe from Northern Illinois.Here is a link

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geuqlqjoFFAtsA..._garrett00.html

Height / Weight:

5-7 / 177

don't know a single thing about this guy but at that height and weight he would have a serious uphill battle to be a starting RB in the NFL