[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Senator's illness

junebugz

I wonder what it is about the media that makes them take a traumatic experience for a person and family and make it into a political story. Sure the story is there, but for cripes sake the guy most likely almost died and all they have to say is that this may lead to Republican control of the Senate. What a bunch of heartless morans.

People wouldn't care if a Senator from South Dakota was dying unless is was political. The biggest problem is that there is no precedent on incapacitation on the State level. I was also wonder who Gov. Rounds would appoint, and the only legitimate person would be Bill Janklow.

BTW he is doing pretty good if you believe the news.

People wouldn't care if a Senator from South Dakota was dying unless is was political. The biggest problem is that there is no precedent on incapacitation on the State level. I was also wonder who Gov. Rounds would appoint, and the only legitimate person would be Bill Janklow.

BTW he is doing pretty good if you believe the news.

Janklow?? :D

That right there is reason enough to rethink this appointment BS. What would be so difficult about having a state election for a new senator? Why should a political appointment be made - it's totally undemocratic.

That right there is reason enough to rethink this appointment BS. What would be so difficult about having a state election for a new senator? Why should a political appointment be made - it's totally undemocratic.

Would you think that if the governor was a democrat? :D

Of course. It's f'n ridiculous that an appointee can sit in the Senate for 6 years unelected.

Actually until the next 2-year election to determine who sits for the rest of the term, as in Missouri after the 2000 senate election of the deceised governor, so the widow was appointed by the new governor and another election was held in 2002 to fill the rest of the term.

He was the only one that would be prepared to go Jan 1. He wouldn't accept the position anyway. He is pissed off. And I believe most states are appointments in the Senate. Representative calls for a special election.

Actually until the next 2-year election to determine who sits for the rest of the term, as in Missouri after the 2000 senate election of the deceised governor, so the widow was appointed by the new governor and another election was held in 2002 to fill the rest of the term.

Oops. Yep, my bad. :D