[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This may sound crazy and more for the future...

giantsfan

call it a gut feeling but i think this was the year to have Gore b/c he was a mid-round pick.

now that he's in the lofty 1st round status he may be in for a let down due to a couple things...

1) he's just had a career year. not just a career year for him but for a majority of RBs. he'll be hard pressed to build on the numbers he's put up. Will he get the same production next year? Maybe. Will he have a dropoff? Probably. Will he do better? Not likely... and

2) his knee problems earlier in his career. guys can get over this but he's going to finish this season with more carries than ever in his entire career.

now keeper is a different situation. he's worth a keeper spot, obviously. But in redrafts and taking him in the early 1st, there's some definite risk there.

another thing is Larry Allen isn't getting any younger. I hope they either have a guy already that they're grooming and building upon to be as dominant OR they draft a big eater in '07 to replace him.

Another consideration for next year would be if Norv Turner was still the OC. There is no coincidence that almost every RB that played under Norv (as a HC or OC) puts up top 10 #s. I would drop Gore down the list about 5 to 8 slots if Norv was not the OC in SF next year.

Luckily, in my auction league I signed Gore to a 3-year $7 per contract, and Vince Young to a 2-year $1 per contract. Had to do this before the season on both. Now I start with only 8% of my funds tied up in Gore and Young heading into next season, and Gore and 7% the following year. Nice.

A couple thoughts...I continue to wait for Gore to have a knee issue, as hard as he runs and as much as he will carry the ball moving forward - since BOTH of his knees have been bad already. And I think Chester Taylor deserves some love looking ahead to next season as far as top 10 backs to consider. I think he will be really good next year as the Vikes continue to improve the OL on the right side, and hopefully they can get a little QB/WR help.