[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

this durham da has to fry....

dmarc117

What about the lab that did the DNA testing--they didn't include this other DNA in their report to Nifong--what's that all about? (unless Nifong told them not to report anything)

the lab is definitely in the wrong too.....but it appears that nifong knew of the results.

On April 8, 9 and 10, DNA Security found DNA from multiple males on the panties and rectal swab from the rape kit; none matched the lacrosse players.

On April 10, Meehan met in his office with Nifong and the two lead investigators in the case, Sgt. Mark Gottlieb and Investigator Benjamin Himan.

On April 18 and 19, DNA Security ran tests on pubic hair from rape kit; multiple male DNA was found that did not match the players or any other sample taken by police, the motion said.

On April 20 or 21, Meehan again met with Nifong and the two investigators in his Burlington office.

Meehan included none of these DNA results in his final report to Nifong on May 12.

What about the lab that did the DNA testing--they didn't include this other DNA in their report to Nifong--what's that all about? (unless Nifong told them not to report anything)

this would appear to provide the answer

Also Friday, a lab director admitted in court that after an agreement with Nifong, he violated his own procedures and withheld results showing none of the players' DNA was found on or in the woman's body.

Dr. Brian Meehan, lab director at DNA Security Inc., said he and Nifong agreed to include only DNA matches in the report on his testing results. The report released in May omitted information about people the DNA tests excluded, including the fact that no genetic material from any member of the lacrosse team was among that from several males found in the accuser's underwear and body.

"We are extremely troubled by that," Cheshire said. The full testing results, showing the exclusions, were disclosed through a defense request in October. They did not become public until Wednesday.

Meehan said that he had been concerned about sensitive, private information becoming public and that the omission was not an attempt to withhold information.

"I was just trying to do the right thing," he said.

ok, i call bullchit. who (besides nifong) could you possibly be protecting by withholding the fact that none of the defendants' matched the sperm in her?

the more info that comes out about this case, the more i'm convinced that not only does nifong have it wrong and that he's guilty of pushing a weak case...it's getting to the point where i think this guy needs to be prosecuted himself and disbarred.

this would appear to provide the answer

ok, i call bullchit. who (besides nifong) could you possibly be protecting by withholding the fact that none of the defendants' matched the sperm in her?

the more info that comes out about this case, the more i'm convinced that not only does nifong have it wrong and that he's guilty of pushing a weak case...it's getting to the point where i think this guy needs to be prosecuted himself and disbarred.

He cant be prosecuted--only disbarred and voted out.

some more news.........

http://www.newsobserver.com/1185/story/522112.html

Was the failure to report these results the intentional decision of Meehan and the district attorney? Cooney asked.

"Yes," Meehan replied.

At the beginning of Friday's hearing, Nifong made a statement that differed from Meehan's subsequent testimony:

"The first I had heard of this particular situation was when I was served with this particular motion" on Wednesday, Nifong told the judge.

After court, Nifong amended his remarks and said he knew about the DNA results.

get a rope!!!!