[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are You In Your Playoffs?

Endzone

If you did not make the playoffs, is it because you did not adhere to the advise of this website or because you did take the advise of this website's official news and advise?

You would think that all subscribers to this website (the majority) would be in their playoffs. I'm trying to assess how effective this site is for the success of each subscriber? Like a highschool success rate is tied to how many of their graduates go on to college. I'd be curious to know how many Huddlers have made it to their playoffs as means of determining how effect this site has been to each of you.

I understand that injuries, circumstances beyond control or plain luck may have been the contributing reason why you may or may not have done as well.

If you did not make the playoffs, is it because you did not adhere to the advise of this website or because you did take the advise of this website's official news and advise?

You would think that all subscribers to this website (the majority) would be in their playoffs. I'm trying to assess how effective this site is for the success of each subscriber? Like a highschool success rate is tied to how many of their graduates go on to college. I'd be curious to know how many Huddlers have made it to their playoffs as means of determining how effect this site has been to each of you.

I understand that injuries, circumstances beyond control or plain luck may have been the contributing reason why you may or may not have done as well.

Not sure this is a good year for this, due to the LT effect.

I was in 5 leagues this year:

Local 16 team league (2 8 team conferences), TD only. Made the Play-Offs, first round is the week. Have LT

Work 12 team League, Offense only, Stat League. Made the Play-offs, but lost in the first round due to a really stupid move.

The other three leagues are all BoTH leagues, so would have no baring on this discussion.

In playoffs in both of my local leagues....but I also have LT in one and LJ in the other :D

On a whole the info on the front page (projections, Start/Bench, Bob's, inj. report) and the news and advice on the boards all play a role in me making my final decision. That, plus my gut and a little bit of luck.

I doubt if anybody goes by just the huddle projections alone.....might be a good experiment next year. To draft and set lineups based on the site.

Made the playoffs in one of the two leagues I'm in. :D

Had the 12th and last pick in the playoff league, so needless to say I didn't have any of the top studs going in. I picked middle of the pack in the other and just missed making the WC, due to the fact that I had the highest points-against in the league.

I have to believe this site made a difference. I wouldn't have caught on to M.Colston as fast, for example.

And I think the message boards have been as valuable as the information provided by DMD & Co. :bash:

"Opportunity favors the prepared mind"

:D

.... or something like that......

Why would you think that? There are soooooo many factors that can determine making the playoffs or not, and the consider the number of leagues run on this site, and that generally half or less than half of the teams in a league make their playoffs.

I made playoffs in 4 of my 7 leagues that have playoffs. And I attribute both the failure and the success to my own decision making. I put down my thoughts at draft time for each draft here if you wanted to bother to look.

How much does the Huddle contribute? The cheat sheet is useful for organizing names. The rankings are somewhat helpful, but are not something I use as presented. The discussions I have with folks on the message board are the most helpful things, as from time to time I either read something or think of something in a discussion that seems like it will help me in my draft. And then sometimes it doesn't...so again it all comes down to the decision I make.

For instance, this season in a PPR league I talked myself into taking Edgerrin James 6th. In preseason, I was a big critic of James and said left and right that I didn;t think he would succeed. But then I kept thinking: Kurt Warner-Marshall Faulk. Marshall Faulk and Edgerring James, both great players and good receivers. Kurt Warner-Edgerring James. And so I talked myself out of Steven Jackson and out of the playoffs with that, and other decisions.

FF is not like math where 2+2=4...there is a TON of very good information and sources here as well as stories of woe for one to learn from....what an individual does with all of that info falls upon their shoulders...to condemn this site because you used it and did poorly would not be fair just as giving the site all the credit for your success wouldnt be a correct answer...but there is info here that one can use to succeed and have fun while digesting that info, what better atmosphere could you ask for?

4 Leagues and made the playoffs in all.

32 Team Dynasty w/IDP - elimated in the 2nd round; made up of all Huddlers

12 Team Dynasty w/IDP - elimated 1st round; half are Huddlers

12 Team 3 Keeper - playing the semi finals now; some Huddlers

12 Team Redraft - playing semi finals now; all Huddlers

3 leagues and made the playoffs in each

1st league (12-team, 2 division): won my division, had a 1st round bye, play in the semis this week against LT

2nd league (12-team, 3 division): lost my division and #2 seed due to tiebreaks, first round of games this week, have LT

3rd league (8-team, no divisions): #1 seed against the #4 seed this week, going against LT and MJD (uh-oh)

I pay attention to this site for injuries and peoples' opinions, but don't take anything I read here as gospel. It has helped more than it's hurt. Not sure if any of my opponents come here. I don't tell anyone in my leagues about it.

Edited by hezagenius

8 Leagues - 6 made it to the playoffs, 5 are still in it! Plus made it to the finals in MVP Challenge! Gotta hand it to the huddle and the huddle message boards. They have helped so much! I will be back next seaon for sure! :D

My teams have made the semifinals in all three leagues ...

One team I drafted Portis with 6th in #1, relying on Gore & Green right now (survived Hass's injury);

One team I drafted Salex with 3rd in #1, relying on Gore & Salex right now (survived McNabb's loss);

One team I drafted RBrown with 8th in #1, relying on Gore & Parker right now (survived Grossman's meltdowns) ...

Hmmm ... Common theme ... Toooo many people dismissed Gore with worries about his knees, his line, and his QB ... I am thankfull for all my preseason reading in here about Gore as I snagged him in the 8th round or later in every redraft :bash: ... he's paid off huge.

:D The Donutrun Empire is pleased with Gore! :D

Made the playoffs in both my 12 team leagues. My LJ team is 2nd seed in the 4 team playoffs while my Vick led / Portis injury team is 4th seed and really has no business being there considering they are only the 6th highest producing team in the league. IMO two teams got screwed due to being in the tougher divisions.

Forgot to mention that I do find the advice/opinions given in this forum to be much more helpful than hurtful.

Edited by Rockerbraves

FF is not like math where 2+2=4...there is a TON of very good information and sources here as well as stories of woe for one to learn from....what an individual does with all of that info falls upon their shoulders...to condemn this site because you used it and did poorly would not be fair just as giving the site all the credit for your success wouldnt be a correct answer...but there is info here that one can use to succeed and have fun while digesting that info, what better atmosphere could you ask for?

It is just a simple survey to see how many HUDDLER's are successful in making their playoffs. This is a quick and dirty assesment on the how well this site prepares the subscriber to the next level. I realize their are numerous factors which determine the final outcome. Let's put it this way, if you did not subscribe to this site, would you have been as successful as you were or would you have been in no better position because you could find the same information surfing from site to site for FF news?

I personally find this site as one stop shop for information and guidance...and yes I have been successfully in going to the playoffs ever since playing FF over 12 years ago. I would project that 80% of users make their playoffs in their primary money league whether they attribute their success or not be being HUDDLER's.

Made playoffs in 4 out of 5, and the one I didn't I had most points. LT in one and LJ in 2.

The Huddle certainly gives me an edge - esp. in matchup assessments, early ww pickups, and ease of schedule. I made it a point this year to trade for players near the trade deadline who had better matchups for the playoff run.

I would project that 80% of users make their playoffs in their primary money league whether they attribute their success or not be being HUDDLER's.

ETA: Really depends on how competitive the leagues are as far as playoff success. For example, you have plenty of huddlers here that would consider a BOTH league as a primary league. The success rate wont be anywhere near 80% due to the competition. If you only take into account main leagues occupied by only 1 huddler then maybe you got yourself the projection you want.

Edited by Wolv

It is just a simple survey to see how many HUDDLER's are successful in making their playoffs. This is a quick and dirty assesment on the how well this site prepares the subscriber to the next level. I realize their are numerous factors which determine the final outcome. Let's put it this way, if you did not subscribe to this site, would you have been as successful as you were or would you have been in no better position because you could find the same information surfing from site to site for FF news?

I personally find this site as one stop shop for information and guidance...and yes I have been successfully in going to the playoffs ever since playing FF over 12 years ago. I would project that 80% of users make their playoffs in their primary money league whether they attribute their success or not be being HUDDLER's.

As soon as they stop gaining subscribers at a high rate, you can bet the information is not helping. I don't see that as being the case.

The Huddle is just one tool to help you win fantasy football. And it can be very helpful in the right hands.

You can give a dipstick a book on brain surgery, but that doesn't mean he will be qualified to operate once he is finished.

I am in the playoffs in all 3 leagues I am in. I have LT in 2..

I am in the semi-finals this week in all 3 leagues and have Frank Gore in all 3. I loved him going into the season and he is the only player I have in all 3 leagues. The "Gore Factor" as I like to call it was directly attrbutible to The Huddle.

Many publications had Gore ranked much lower than The Huddle did. their advice coupled with how I saw things had me rank Gore as the top sleeper of the season and I targeted him in all 3 of my leagues.

I love The Huddle, man.. they break it down nice and allow you to make your own educated decisions based on their data. The preseason package is top notch. And EOS is awesome because thy adjust it during the season.

Keep up the fantastic work guys! :D

made the playoffs in both leagues.

in the 14 team redraft my great team (Brees, Gore, Barber III, Fitz, A Johnson, Driver, Heap, Vinateri and SEA) lost to the Bulger/Holt/CHI DEF

the 12 teamer is still alive in the semi's and don't deserve to be. I drank the M Bell Kool Aid that was on this board.

which brings me to the Huddle in general: there is some really good stuff here re: WW and young players. I mean Colston was touted early and often.

but you have to sift through all the homer opinions.

I think DMD, et al, do a great job getting us stats and projections, and the EOS is pure genius.

I don't blame the huddle for my loses.