[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are You In Your Playoffs?

Endzone

It's your dumb advise that I taken all yeer.

its a mute point now but when you realise you were supposed to take the opposite of my advise then you

wouldnt be complaining, now would you...I advice you to figure out how to use the advise you get before you

kill the messenger

For instance, this season in a PPR league I talked myself into taking Edgerrin James 6th. In preseason, I was a big critic of James and said left and right that I didn;t think he would succeed. But then I kept thinking: Kurt Warner-Marshall Faulk. Marshall Faulk and Edgerring James, both great players and good receivers. Kurt Warner-Edgerring James. And so I talked myself out of Steven Jackson and out of the playoffs with that, and other decisions.

I believe you would be speaking of BOTH Bling Bling... and I thank you for letting Jackson drop to me leading my powerhouse RB core of Jackson, Gore, McGahee, and Jones-Drew into the 2nd round of the playoffs. :D Otherwise I would have had to possibly struggle with Edge in both of my BOTH leagues. :D

Made the playoffs in 4 out of 7 leagues.

Last week was the first round of the playoffs in 2 of them ... advanced in one, lost in the other

This week is the first week of playoffs in the other 2.

Didn't make the cut in MVP.

Advanced to the H2H matchups in Huddle Challenge III

Currently 4th in Texas, 144th overall in the NBC Eliminator (MVP equivalent)

I made the playoffs in the Faultline, 32 Homers, 4983, and my local, but I sucked bad in the H.O.T. league and ended up sixth ( :D ).

That's cuz those old timers are knowledgable geezers. :D

I was 2nd place last year and 2nd last place this year. I like balance.

Top seed in one league and highest scorer in another but way out of the playoffs.

Definitely need to distinguish between BOTH and non-BOTH leagues.

For local leagues, we all know there are casual and hardcore players. The people who come here are more likely to fall into the latter category, and are therefore more likely to make the playoffs just by virtue of being more dedicated, even before we get into the benefits provided by the site itself, which I think are considerable.

Definitely need to distinguish between BOTH and non-BOTH leagues.

For local leagues, we all know there are casual and hardcore players. The people who come here are more likely to fall into the latter category, and are therefore more likely to make the playoffs just by virtue of being more dedicated, even before we get into the benefits provided by the site itself, which I think are considerable.

I missed the playoffs in my only non-BOTH league, my long time local. :D

I made the playoffs in 4 out of 6 BOTH leagues

IN - FOFF, CORE, Hannibals, Cowboys & Indians

OUT - Generation Lost, Late Bloomers :D

Huddle Challenge III is a elimination style BOTH and I made the playoffs in that one as well ...

I am in the play offs in both of my leagues. This is my 3rd year with the Huddle. My 1st year was like having a Steinway but not knowing how to play it to it's fullest potential. I spent most of my time in the FFB Advice forum taking as well as giving bad advice; this year I spent most of my time in the NFL forum and really learned a lot. I never would have known so early about Colston(drafted in 1 league, !st week WW in the other). This was the 1st year I ever even thought about weather as a factor. I've learned a lot from the Huddle this year and feel that my success (so far) has been from what I've learned here.

Got in with a 5-8 record due to being 3rd in points,12 team league.I got the 8 seed and my luck finally turned around.I beat the LT owner.I am in the semis this week but have already considered this season a huge success after a very unlucky regular season.

3 leagues = 3 entries into the playoffs.

Top four record or better in each league.

One league I even lost Kevin Jones and Portis, and still got second place. (because of Gore - Jones-Drew)

Made a first week playoffs bye in one league.

Last year I was second worst in one league and in the bottom 6 in the other two, so go figure!

S.T.

I like to READ the Huddle. It is interesting to get DMD's takes and I personally respect the man for even having the stones and foresight to start the Huddle WAY BEFORE the "fantasy football craze" spread to ESPN, USA TODAY, and every other half-assed rag or crappy cable "fantasy" show hit the mainstream.

Did this site help me? Sure. Was Lamont Jordan worth a 2nd round pick? Hell no. Did I need DMD to decide that Jordan should be ranked high. No. Did either of us know he was going to be an absolute bust? Of course not. But I will tell you this for sure.....anyone who takes this site as gospel and then runs back to the Apostle Dorey wanting some answers for why you didn't make the playoffs is a fool. Start your own damn site, have thousands of people spend their money to read your advice, and then we can all start a post about how this site "helped us or hurt us".

Thanks to Brees (lucky guess), LT (flip of a coin), Terrell Owens and Housh for helping me to the playoffs and we'll see how far I go.

Thanks to DMD for giving me a place to go during my mundane job and read some "entertaining and helpful advice" and live amongst the community of huddlers (at least the ones that know their rearend from a hole in the ground). Worth every bit of my 15 bucks....would have blown it on cds anyway.

:D

4 leagues for me

12 team dynasty: 11-3 #1 seed

10 team dynasty: 12-2 #1 seed

10 team redraft: 12-2 #1 seed

10 team 3 keeper: 9-5 #2 seed

44-12 total. my personal best ever in 12+ years

redraft league is toast this week with maroney, r brown, c taylor, k jones, watson all out!!! my 2 rbs are foster and d williams

no LT in any leagues, had LJ in one dynasty

I personally subscibe to huddle for up to date info on guys playing, usually sunday morning. i read a few articles and check the message board about every day.

Edited by rcswildcat