[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lethal injection

peepinmofo

Action: Murder

Consequence: Capital Punishment

I really don't have a problem with this. If god wants to strike a murderer down with a lightning bolt, or drop a safe on him from a lofty height, I won't lose any sleep over it.

I suppose if somebody would invent an infallible truth/lie detecting machine, I wouldn't have a problem with capital punishment.

The problem with the analysis that I quoted above is that it skips a step.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with the idea of capital punishment. My problem is with the process, and the costs involved. I used to be very pro-capital punishment, but once I saw the cost of it versus the cost of life in prison, I have come off my stance of capital punishment. This is not because of any philisophical problems I might have with it, but simply because of the cost to go through all the appeals. If we just had a rope and a tree like they used to, then I might be for it, but in todays society that would never fly. Part of the reason capital punishment used to be such a great option was that everyone got to see the vilian hang, and the site of that no doubt detered others from committing the same crime. Now it is all done behind closed doors, so it loses some of its deterent, and the appeals cost are so great, it is probably not worth it. So, while philosophically I guess I'm still for capital punishment, realistically I don't see it as worth the cost.

We need a gladiator system for death row inmates. They should have to fight to the death once a month and I'm not talking prison gang banging. They should have to fight for their lives with another inmate once a month until they get their death sentence carried out. Only problem with capital punishment is most states don't have the stones for it.

We need a gladiator system for death row inmates. They should have to fight to the death once a month and I'm not talking prison gang banging. They should have to fight for their lives with another inmate once a month until they get their death sentence carried out. Only problem with capital punishment is most states don't have the stones for it.

so are you for or against the death penalty?

so are you for or against the death penalty?

If you can't show up for your monthly match you get the lethal injection. If you survive 60 matches you can live out the remainder of your life in solitary confinement. I know, I'm a softy!

Edited by Retrograde assault