[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suspend T.O? Are they crazy?

Jumpy Gathers

The word is all over the internet that TO may get suspended for the spitting incident. Even Al Michaels said it might happen.

A. Dallas V. Philadelphia on Christmas Day to determine the winner of the NFC East?

B. No player has ever been suspended for spitting.

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!

At least it better not...I'm a huge Cowboy fan AND I have T.O on my fantasy team in the Superbowl next week.!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The word is all over the internet that TO may get suspended for the spitting incident. Even Al Michaels said it might happen.

A. Dallas V. Philadelphia on Christmas Day to determine the winner of the NFC East?

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!

At least it better not...I'm a huge Cowboy fan AND I have T.O on my fantasy team in the Superbowl next week.!!

Another crazy rule we learn today.

I kinda hate the guy, but that's not fair, you can't take TO away from Romo in my championship his team in a game for the division title!

Fine him a million dollars or something, but a suspension is too punitive to the team and may hand the Iggles the division.

I kinda hate the guy, but that's not fair, you can't take TO away from Romo in my championship his team in a game for the division title!

Fine him a million dollars or something, but a suspension is too punitive to the team and may hand the Iggles the division.

Why is a suspension too punitive? Suspension in spitting cases is routine in other sports, as is automatic ejection.

Cuz Romo is my QB and I'm in the championship game! Also I'm likely to be facing Glenn, so either he'll go nuts or he and Romo will both be shut down. Not good either way.

Plus, if no player has ever been suspended for spitting (I don't recall Romonowski's penalty), you can't set precedence in a game of this magnitude.

Cuz Romo is my QB and I'm in the championship game! Also I'm likely to be facing Glenn, so either he'll go nuts or he and Romo will both be shut down. Not good either way.

Plus, if no player has ever been suspended for spitting (I don't recall Romonowski's penalty), you can't set precedence in a game of this magnitude.

By that logic, no precedent would EVER be set. Be assured the NFL know full well what will happen if they don't suspend him. They will.

TO never broke a guys eye socket from beating him like a girl dog like Romonowski. Romo I was way worse than TO.

Agreed that the marquee matchup of the game (selling advertising!) will be severely diminished if they suspend him.

Seriously, I hate the guy. Kick him in the nutz 12 times for all I care, but if no one has ever been suspended for spitting, the NFL isn't going to kick him out of this huge game.

Spitting is wrong but if he had to spit in any CBs face, there isn't one better than Deangelo Hall. Hall is all talk and isn't as good as advertised. I lost all respect for him after watching some Atlanta games this year. He takes cheap shots, always is complaining to the refs (even getting in their faces a lot of times) and is always talking (and it isn't Chad Johnson comedy hour). I definitely could see Hall getting under a players skin so much that you just want to punch him in the face. He's one of those guys.

IMO, it's a certainty. The NFL are in no mood to tolerate this and will make an example of TO, who, as I've said before is a basket case.

Why would they suspend T.O. for spitting when the NFL has never suspended a player for that - and it has happened twice already (sean taylor ejected and fined and Romanowski was only fined) Yall quit hating on T.O.

Why is a suspension too punitive? Suspension in spitting cases is routine in other sports, as is automatic ejection.

That was Roberto Alomar spitting on an umpire -- way different than spitting on an opponent in a football game. If you think T.O. is bad, then you have never been on the bottom of a pile for a fumble. That is much more brutal.

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!

Nice logic, because it is a big game they shouldn't suspend him. And your a cowboys fan and have t.o. on your fantasty team. If you were an eagles fan and your opponent had T.O. would you want him suspended then. I bet you were happy last year when t.o. got suspeneded.

I doubt the league will suspend him. T.O. against Philly part II is a good story for the league, T.O. missing the Philly game because of this is a bad story for the league. The guys in the main office WILL take this into consideration.

I heard on TV that they have no tape to confirm so the severity of the action is not conclusive. From the sounds of it, Hall would not get out of TOs grill and he spit on him. TO rarely lets DB talk get to him so this sounds like Hall must have been working hard to get under his skin, let alone trying to keep up with TO on that go route.

I doubt the league will suspend him. T.O. against Philly part II is a good story for the league, T.O. missing the Philly game because of this is a bad story for the league. The guys in the main office WILL take this into consideration.

:D

So what you are saying is if you spit in a guys face and have the Lion's on the schedule next week, you'll be suspended, but if its an important game, you'll get a pass?

Yeah, that thinking makes a lot of sense. :D

I hope the NFL isn't really as wishy washy as you suggest. If they don't suspend him based on prior penalties for similar incidents, thats fine. But don't sit here and tell me that the reason they won't suspend him is because the team he plays for has a big game next week.

exactly what will happen if they don't suspend him? Other's have done the same thing and noone was ever suspended for it.

The press and TV will be all over them.

That said, the upcoming game vs Philly could dictate their actions (or lack thereof). The NFL is nothing if not a money-grubbing bag of $hit, so it's very possible immediate $$$ will win over what's right for the future of the sport.