[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T.O. Number 1 in my book

Cowboyz1

Lets set the record straight here. For all you TO bashers out there, let me just remind you of what this guy has done this year.

As it stands now TO is;

#1 in the LEAGUE in recieving touchdowns with 11

Thats better then Harrison, Holt, and CJ.

He has 1040 yard for the season and should end up with about 1200 yards. Which one of the best recieving year the Cowboys have ever had since the Playmaker.

Has 77 receptions which is on pace for close to 100 for the year.

Has made the O far more dangerous then with out him.

Has helped the Boys to first Playoff birth since 2003

He has done most all of the above with a broken hand and a broken ligament.

What more can you ask of the guy. Be fair, the guy comes to play on Sunday and I am damn glad he does. He may be a headcase but the man can play football better then a lot of other recievers I watch now days. T.O. despite is stuff, has to be considered one of the best recievers in the league and will take us deep in the playoffs because of it.

Thanks TO, I appreciate what your doing as it has been a long time since someone has done what your doing for the Boys.

At the risk of being labeled a racist by Cowboyz1, think of what Owens could do if he took every play seriously and caught all the easy passes thrown to him.

That owens leaves so much on the field, to the detriment of his team, and that he is such a dick of gargantuan proportions off the field, he'll always be nothing more than a very talented punk instead of what he could be - one of the best WRs ever to step on a NFL field.

Edited by Bronco Billy

he's a punk but also a gamer. Where've I heard that before? (Winslow)

Don't forget spitter. A hockaloogieartist.

Edited by irish

Lets set the record straight here. For all you TO bashers out there, let me just remind you of what this guy has done this year.

As it stands now TO has;

Dogged it in training camp.

Been late, missed, or slept through meetings

Overdosed on pills.

Spit in another players face.

The guy is an awesome person & teammate :D

You also forgot to mention:

1. #1 in the league, by a large margin, in dropped passes (16)

2. one of those drops (Washington, I beleive) may end up costing your team the division title. I can put my finger on that game as one he LOST for you...he even admitted as much; based on the aforementioned drops above, it could be argued that the Boys are winning IN SPITE of him.

3. he is not even the best WR on your team; Terry Glenn is having a much better year, based on his lower number of targets/production from them.

Finally, since you believe he is having a better year that CJ, Harrison, etc, answer this question in all honesty:

Taking into account all his upside, and all his downside, who would you rather have as your top WR?

1. TO

2. Harrison

3. CJ

4. Steve Smith

5. Holt

6. Andre Johnson

7. Reggie Wayne

I think any reasonable GM would take any of the other WRs mentioned above before TO, just because of the negative hype he brings along. And don't kid yourself...any of those WRs mentioned above would have put up equal (or better, based on the amazing amount of drops) numbers than TO in the Cowboys system

But I'm glad you are happy to have him....believe me, the rest of the league is just as happy.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

At the risk of being labeled a racist by Cowboyz1, think of what Owens could do if he took every play seriously and caught all the easy passes thrown to him.

That owens leaves so much on the field, to the detriment of his team, and that he is such a dick of gargantuan proportions off the field, he'll always be nothing more than a very talented punk instead of what he could be - one of the best WRs ever to step on a NFL field.

I said nothing about his off field behavior. But have you ever tried to catch a ball thrown by an NFL QB with two good hands, let along one broken one and two fingers with ligament damage.

A few years ago Tim Brown and Jerry Rice were talking about catching passes and Tim Brown said he would tape his fingers at every joint because he if he didn't, the ball could break his fingers. He details how a ball tore the webbing on Porters hand while waring a glove by a Gannon pass in practice.

I think any reasonable GM would take any of the other WRs mentioned above before TO, just because of the negative hype he brings along. And don't kid yourself...any of those WRs mentioned above would have put up equal (or better, based on the amazing amount of drops) numbers than TO in the Cowboys system

Not to mention the fact that T.O. is 33 and is entering the downside of his career. Two years ago, I thought that he was the best overall WR in the league. But I don't think that's true anymore. He appears to have lost a little of his burst and is dropping passes left and right now. I'd take Torry Holt or Andre Johnson over him in a second.

I said nothing about his off field behavior. But have you ever tried to catch a ball thrown by an NFL QB with two good hands, let along one broken one and two fingers with ligament damage.

:D

I guess there will always be some who will make any excuse for Owens. Funny how many less talented WRs don't drop the easy passes that Owens does.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Dogged it in training camp.

Been late, missed, or slept through meetings

Overdosed on pills.

Spit in another players face.

The guy is an awesome person & teammate :D

Don't forget admitting to the media that he doesn't listen to his coach. Although that wasn't too hard to figure out before he said it.

Has made the O far more dangerous then with out him.

Has helped the Boys to first Playoff birth since 2003

He has done most all of the above with a broken hand and a broken ligament.

Thanks TO, I appreciate what your doing as it has been a long time since someone has done what your doing for the Boys.

So he WASN'T doing it when Bledsoe was QB by choice?

Is your point REALLY that ROMO has done it for the team, since TO wasn't doing much with Bledsoe at QB? Are you really saying that TO decided NOT to do it all before Romo came in as starter?

Finally, since you believe he is having a better year that CJ, Harrison, etc, answer this question in all honesty:

Taking into account all his upside, and all his downside, who would you rather have as your top WR?

1. TO

2. Harrison

3. CJ

4. Steve Smith

5. Holt

6. Andre Johnson

7. Reggie Wayne

But I'm glad you are happy to have him....believe me, the rest of the league is just as happy.

Honestly,

1. TO

2. Harrison, too small, I like big wide outs.

3. CJ, yes

4. Steve Smith, yes

5. Holt, yes

6. Andre Johnson, yes

7. Reggie Wayne, not convinced he is all that.

That said, I bashed TO plenty for his off field crap, but to tell you the truth, the media has made me so pissed about all the crap they try to stir up, I have become sick of it. I want the Boys to be successful and the Media is just begging for a story. TO helps them a great deal but I am so tired of TO dominating the headlines over stupid stuff when a guy like LT is breaking records and his story is lost. TO is not a story anymore.

Edited by Cowboyz1

So he WASN'T doing it when Bledsoe was QB by choice?

Is your point REALLY that ROMO has done it for the team, since TO wasn't doing much with Bledsoe at QB? Are you really saying that TO decided NOT to do it all before Romo came in as starter?

I don't think he was up to speed with the Offense or Bledsoe because he missed so much camp. Romo threw more ball to him in camp then Bledsoe did. Besides, Bledsoe has man love for Glenn and didn't have any kind of connection with Owens. Bledsoe is a creature of habit, he has to be comfortable with you to get you the ball. Romo has definitely made a difference though. He gets the ball to the open wide out regardless who it is.

Don't forget admitting to the media that he doesn't listen to his coach. Although that wasn't too hard to figure out before he said it.

You need to listen more. Parcells said, and I quote "he listens to everything I tell him, that's a fact, he can tell me stuff I told him weeks and months ago. He said that for you guys, to suck you in. So you can consider yourselves Sucked."

Listen to the PC's before you run your mouth off. You listen to the media to much, find out the truth.

I guess there will always be some who will make any excuse for Owens. Funny how many less talented WRs don't drop the easy passes that Owens does.

Think about it. When was the last time you heard a Drop ball stat so publicized. I can't recall ever hearing or seeing a stat like that on sportcenter, NFL primetime or any other show. They talked about dropped passes but never a stattracker for Drop Balls. At least I can't recall seeing it.

Think about it. When was the last time you heard a Drop ball stat so publicized. I can't recall ever hearing or seeing a stat like that on sportcenter, NFL primetime or any other show. They talked about dropped passes but never a stattracker for Drop Balls. At least I can't recall seeing it.

Maybe because there has never been a bigger loudmouth who has dropped more passes than him?

Maybe because there has never been a bigger loudmouth who has dropped more passes than him?

Or maybe they are just deperate for a story. TO has more headlines then LT. Even more posts on this forum. Either we love bad news or we just don't care that much about good guys.

Wow those homer goggles are thick. If he were anywhere else in the league besides Dallas, especially Philly, you'd be so far on the other side of the fence it would be laughable.

Honestly, you may be right there. But he is a Cowboy now and were chasing ring #6. We need all hands and tendons on deck and that means TO. Ask me again in Feb. and I might feel differently. :D

Now there's a plausible argument that Owens is a great player.

Honestly, you may be right there. But he is a Cowboy now and were chasing ring #6. We need all hands and tendons on deck and that means TO. Ask me again in Feb. and I might feel differently. :D

So you pretty much said your whole argument is based off being a blatent Homer, not off football fact?

Honestly,

1. TO

2. Harrison, too small, I like big wide outs.

3. CJ, yes

4. Steve Smith, yes

5. Holt, yes

6. Andre Johnson, yes

7. Reggie Wayne, not convinced he is all that.

That said, I bashed TO plenty for his off field crap, but to tell you the truth, the media has made me so pissed about all the crap they try to stir up, I have become sick of it. I want the Boys to be successful and the Media is just begging for a story. TO helps them a great deal but I am so tired of TO dominating the headlines over stupid stuff when a guy like LT is breaking records and his story is lost. TO is not a story anymore.

I am a bit confused - you say you would not take Harrison over TO because he is too small, you like big wideouts. Then you say you would take Steve Smith.

Harrison is 6'0" and 185lbs.

Smith is 5'9" and 185 lbs.

Do you live in an altered world where 5'9" is actually taller than 6'0"?

By the way Torry Holt who you also say you would take over TO is 6'0" and 190lbs.

Edited by blaw23

So you pretty much said your whole argument is based off being a blatent Homer, not off football fact?

No, not exactly. Football fact is that he is our best chance to win until Hurd is ready to play and we draft another speed threat. Do I like him as a person? No. Do I like what he has done on the field complementing TG? Yes. Will he help us to get another ring? Yes.

He is not as big a distraction as the media portrays, as he is a playmaker this year. That's all I'm saying.