[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T.O. fined

Genetic Jackhammer

What a joke. That's like being fined a dollar for him.

Oh well, At least I get to see Dawkins plaster him across the middle on Christmas!!!

There is no way he should have been suspended just because the likes of DeAngelo Hall, Sean Salisbury and you wanted him to be. They fined him more than double the ST fine. That's a lot IMO. And, believe me, I think he is a grade A jerk-off!

There is no way he should have been suspended just because the likes of DeAngelo Hall, Sean Salisbury and you wanted him to be. They fined him more than double the ST fine. That's a lot IMO. And, believe me, I think he is a grade A jerk-off!

Don't disagree, but herein lies the problem. If you spit in a guys face you should be suspended for the year. I mean, Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian? Fines are a joke for these guys. The NFL should look hard at this and come up with new rules for suspensions, and set the bar VERY high.

Don't disagree, but herein lies the problem. If you spit in a guys face you should be suspended for the year. I mean, Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian? Fines are a joke for these guys. The NFL should look hard at this and come up with new rules for suspensions, and set the bar VERY high.

:D

John Clayton said if they suspend him the money loss would be so great the PU would file a grievance. Nice. He said 1/17 of $5M would be too great.

Not only that, but the NFL must remain consistent with it's rules/ policy for which a player can be suspended. It's similar to our own legal system and laws, consistency is vital. Bill Romanowski was not suspended when he spit on a player, and thus, neither should TO. While it's a vile act for a player to do, you can't fine one player and suspend another for the very same act. Justice is served according to the NFL guidelines and standards.

Now we can move on and look forward to the Cowboys dominating the Eagles on Christmas. :D

Associated Press

NEW YORK — Terrell Owens was fined $35,000 by the NFL on Monday for spitting in the face of Atlanta's D'Angelo Hall during Saturday night's Cowboys-Falcons game.

The flamboyant Dallas receiver was not suspended.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello announced the fine, which came after Hall knocked Owens out of bounds on a pass play during Dallas' 38-28 win.

"I got frustrated and I apologize for that," Owens told the NFL Network after the game. "It was a situation where he kept bugging me and getting in my face."

If the officials had seen Owens spitting, he would have been ejected from the game under NFL rules.

During a playoff game last season, Washington's Sean Taylor was kicked out of a game for spitting at Tampa Bay's Michael Pittman. Taylor was later fined $17,000.

The NFL desperately needs to establish a clear and public rubric for penalties, similar to the NBAs, that has set minimums and flexibility to meet the situation. You can't find any sort of rhyme or reason when looking at the penalties given to Chad Johnson, Michael Vick, Haynesworth, and T.O. The numbers are arbitrary, don't make sense, and make rule enforcement way too difficult.

John Clayton said if they suspend him the money loss would be so great the PU would file a grievance. Nice. He said 1/17 of $5M would be too great.

Yeah, why insititue a penalty so harsh it would make future similar incidents almost non-existant? :D

And why not suspend him with pay? That would really make teams think twice before signing players of questionable character. Fine the player $35K, and the team has to pick up his salary while he sits on the pine.

And in regard to the greiveance you mention, the PU would have no leg to stand on. I am sure it is written in TO's contract (like it was in Philly) that any behavior detrimental to the team would result in loss of wages.

I think being suspended for a game for spitting on an opponent constitutes being detrimental to the team, don't you?

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

I don't know who i hate more....Hall or Owens. I think they both are a bunch of cancers on the NFL.

:insert water is wet comment here:

What would make these wrist-slaps more meaningful is if the money went somewhere they would hate for it to go. In Owens' case......hm......how about that $35K going to the KKK? :D

Edited by BeeR

As much of an ass that Sean Taylor might be, he hasn't spent the past 5 years of his career thumbing his nose at the NFL and making a mockery out of the concepts of "team" and "sportsmanship." T.O. got the maximum fine that Goodell could give him without a fight from the Player's Union. I'm sure that the Commissioner's Office is fed up with his crap and I'm sure that his previous transgressions factored into this decision.

I think being suspended for a game for spitting on an opponent constitutes being detrimental to the team, don't you?

Considering that if the Refs had seen him do it, he would've automatically been ejected from the game & it was only the 6th play of the game when it happened, no doubt TO's actions were detrimental to the team, and that's not even taking into account the negative publicity TO's loogie is generating for the Cowboys.

As much of an ass that Sean Taylor might be, he hasn't spent the past 5 years of his career thumbing his nose at the NFL and making a mockery out of the concepts of "team" and "sportsmanship." T.O. got the maximum fine that Goodell could give him without a fight from the Player's Union.

yeah way to play tough there Goodell :D

That's like slapping someone's wrists just a little bit harder. fn NFLPA. Yet another reason to hate lawyers.

yeah way to play tough there Goodell :D

That's like slapping someone's wrists just a little bit harder. fn NFLPA. Yet another reason to hate lawyers.

Exactly (except for yo mamma, of course :D ).

If it weren't for the NFLPA, T.O. probably would've gotten a one-game suspension without pay. But I'm sure that Goodell doesn't want to get into a huge fight with Gene Upshaw in his first year on the job over a spitting incident.

I'd rather have a guy spit in my face then cut block me.

Or stomp on my face with his cleat.

I don't see spitting as a suspendable offense. Classless, yes. But suspendable, no.

I'd bet it goes on all the time. Most players just take care of it themselves in the course of play and you never hear about it. Most don't run to the press, pigtails flying in the wind like a little schoolgirl, and tattle on the offender. DeAngelo Hall is a pussley.

+1

So long as TO can play this week against Philly. :D But next year, I agree 100%

Why bother fining him $35,000 to T.O. it's not even like a dollor to him more like a nickel. He don't care and it does nothing to make him think twice about doing it in the future.

Anyone know of steve czabin he had a great idea instead of fines have a pit somewhere and these guys would have to push their hummer, their escalade, or dump their jewelry or some other items of large value into the pit and that would be more of a punishment to them to lose a valuable possession or status symbol then to fine these jackass athletes.

Edited by alwaysrocking