[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Really Smart Christians Out There?

Easy n Dirty

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So "faith alone saves" but if you don't do works you still aren't saved? :D

(And the Catholic position is not that works alone will save you--you must have faith to be saved, but without works to go along with it, your salvation will not happen.)

What's so hard to understand.....faith alone does save but where there are no works, there is no faith. I am not sure what you don't understand about that. The Catholic Church does have a completely different take on the elements, transconfiguration is an obvious one. Baptism? I don't discount the good of Catholicism in general but when people talk about using religion to control the population, Catholicism is at the top of list. If your Catholic, we are on the same team. If you are ok with what they teach, thats fine with me. The defensive attitude speaks volumes. The bible instructs us to seek the truth, keep searching.

Yep. Karl Rahner is the 20th Century Theologian who taught this regarding Grace. Its pretty mainstream Catholic theology these days.

Are you sure that is mainstream Catholic theology today? I understood his teachings to be outside the mainstream and very Jesuit in nature. In college, I would always joke with the Jesuits that they had evolved beyond modern Christianity. Not a single one ever disagreed with me.