[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question for Commissioners: how do you decide tie games?

weirhead

We deal with it two ways... First off, our scoring system rarely ever ends in a tie. We alot .1 of a point for each yard a player gains... so 87 yards = 8.7 points. This system results in final scores that look like 112.54 points and ties don't become an issue in general. We also allow owners to pick a single tiebreak player on their bench as a decider. If somehow BOTH those scores tie (almost mathematically impossible), then it's a tie.

Yahoo TieBreaker System:

In the event that a playoff game ends in a tie, the deadlock will be broken using the following system:

Most touchdowns scored by entire starting roster.

Most fantasy points by starting quarterback(s).

Most fantasy points by starting defensive team(s).

Most fantasy points by starting defensive player(s).

Most fantasy points by starting defensive back(s).

Most fantasy points by starting defensive linemen.

Most fantasy points by starting wide receiver(s).

Most fantasy points by starting running back(s).

Most fantasy points by starting tight end(s).

Most fantasy points by starting kicker(s).

Random "coin flip".

Our league uses the back-up kicker on our rosters. Owners can select any "benched" player as their tie-breaker, but if none are selected, by default, we go to the back-up kicker. If a tie still exists we go to the next "benched player" with the highest points.

In 15 years of playing in our league we have never gone beyond the 2nd kicker as the tie-breaker. There is always a first now that I say that.

We pick who we think will be our #1 and #2 top point scorers from our starting lineup that week, then put them up against our opponents' #1 and #2 if it comes down to a tie. Whoever has a higher score from their #1 player wins the tiebreaker. In the case of a tie again, then it goes to #2. It seems very fair and adds a little more strategy as well, who you think will have a good week. I don't really like bench points, or backup QB or kicker. I would hate to have it come down to my backup kicker if I were tied.