Sign in to follow this  
vikings711

Should I bench Favre this week v MIN?

Favre looked horrible last week v DET. And, this week they play MIN in cold weather. I know that Pennington was on fire against MIN last week, but that was in a dome. I know Favre "should" do well, but should I take a shot with Rattay instead? The last few QBs to go against CLE have done pretty well. Even Boller threw two TDs against them last week. And, I think Green threw 4 a few weeks ago. Please help. This is our last playoff week.

Favre looked horrible last week v DET. And, this week they play MIN in cold weather. I know that Pennington was on fire against MIN last week, but that was in a dome. I know Favre "should" do well, but should I take a shot with Rattay instead? The last few QBs to go against CLE have done pretty well. Even Boller threw two TDs against them last week. And, I think Green threw 4 a few weeks ago. Please help. This is our last playoff week.

who's on your WW? I have on mine

A. Smith vs Ariz

Rattay vs CLE

Anderson @ TB

Losman vs Tenn

I think any of these are good plays over favre.

MM

who's on your WW? I have on mine

A. Smith vs Ariz

Rattay vs CLE

Anderson @ TB

Losman vs Tenn

I think any of these are good plays over favre.

MM

Rattay is the only one left. I have him now, but I don't know if I should start him.

I couldn't start Rattay, who's been rotting on the bench all year, over Favre. One good relief appearance doesn't generate the confidence I need to start the guy in a championship game. I'd start Favre

Are you kidding me, I don't know how you could bench Favre over anyone (other than maybe Manning) this week. Have you seen what the Vikes defense has been giving up through the air lately? Even Pennington went for over 300 last week. The combination of their Run D being so strong, along with the poor Pass D has made every team just throw the ball a ton on them, and they can't stop it. I think that Favre is a great start this week. Plus, isn't this the last home game for him possibly? I just see this as being one of those games where he comes out and does something incredible (like the big game he had a couple of days after his dad passed away). I would personally only start a very select few QB over him this week.

Are you kidding me, I don't know how you could bench Favre over anyone (other than maybe Manning) this week. Have you seen what the Vikes defense has been giving up through the air lately? Even Pennington went for over 300 last week. The combination of their Run D being so strong, along with the poor Pass D has made every team just throw the ball a ton on them, and they can't stop it. I think that Favre is a great start this week. Plus, isn't this the last home game for him possibly? I just see this as being one of those games where he comes out and does something incredible (like the big game he had a couple of days after his dad passed away). I would personally only start a very select few QB over him this week.

That's what I thought. But, this other guy in my league, (who wants me to win because it helps his chances to get into first) said that with the weather being so cold, and Favre performing so bad last week, he pick up Rattay and start him over Favre. I thought he was crazy, but then thought I would pick up Rattay just in case. But, I don't think I can bring myself to starting Rattay.

That's what I thought. But, this other guy in my league, (who wants me to win because it helps his chances to get into first) said that with the weather being so cold, and Favre performing so bad last week, he pick up Rattay and start him over Favre. I thought he was crazy, but then thought I would pick up Rattay just in case. But, I don't think I can bring myself to starting Rattay.

hell, the weather in Cleveland may be as cold or even colder than the weather in green Bay !!! :D

I would go Favre, BUT he did suck agaist detroit last, so the fact Minn sucks doesnt make me feel great about Favre. With that said Rattay isnt the answer and i would go FAVRE, and a small prayer couldnt hurt