[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GB-Minny score?

vansmack32

Packers defensive backfield is very weak, IMO, and will provide him opportunities if he can convert. That being said, it will be a tough PLACE to play, and I doubt he will do anything remarkable. Probably a TD and an INT or two, some nice runs, 200 yards...would be my offhand guess.

I'd say the score could be 10-7. Rain/freezing rain is in the forecast. Good time to start either defense, especially GB.

Rain is for earlier in the day. I have 33 partly cloudy with a slight 5 MPH wind. More like a slight breeze.

LINK

Link doesn't seem to work, but go forward to thursday if it doesn't.

Edited by Randall

I can't see Jackson having too much success in his first start, prime time in cold, ghost-filled Lambeau Field.

Thinking 27-10 Green Bay, with a HUGE day for Driver as the Packers keep their slim playoff hopes alive.

anyone else have a take?

+1

I like the way you think. I'm going to be keeping an eye on you...

I'll probably start the Packers defense in my Super Bowl game. Tarvaris is a much needed spark for the Vikings and he needs to take his lumps now to get ready for next year, but it is his first start and i'm sure he'll make some mistakes.

Oh, and I think the vaunted Lambeau mystique is pretty much dead nowadays isn't it? In my mind it died when the Falcons of all teams came into Green Bay a couple years back and won a playoff game.

Oh, and I think the vaunted Lambeau mystique is pretty much dead nowadays isn't it? In my mind it died when the Falcons of all teams came into Green Bay a couple years back and won a playoff game.

That was the start of it - the 1-5 record before beating the Lions, including 3 shutouts, was the death knell.

Still, Green Bay's D has been better of late - ESPECIALLY their DBs, who had a disturbing tendency to blow coverages almost all year (it's still happening, but less frequently). I think Green Bay has enough to beat a reeling team at home. The problem is the Vikes excel at stuffing the run game, and Green Bay's passing game has been heinous for the most part for the 4 of the last 5 weeks.

I'm almost willing to predict a 2-0 score. :D I'll say Green Bay 20, Vikes 14.

I disagree. Firstly there are no 'ghosts' on lambeau field and I'm sure TJ could care less about the whole nostalgia thing. He has looked good though and has shown leadership thus far when he's played (he looked really good during the extensive time that he received in the preseason, even though I acknowledge that can be misleading. He did however play early in the preseason games, not just during the later parts). I just have to say I like the kid and I think he's underrated. I think he will even be comparable to Vince Young once he gets a few games in him and people start taking notice. He is going to need the receivers to improve though for next year. If the weather is bad that night than he probably will falter, but other than that I don't think there will be much holding him back (other than his receivers, but I think he'll still be able to do alright with them for the short-term). I see moderate success for him in this game: 1-2 TDs with 1-2 interceptions, maybe 200 yards passing along with some plays made with his feet.

Edited by Crazysight

hey MV, we don't need to start counting the number of WR's who've had good weeks against your vikes this year, do we? i believe that driver AVERAGES ~130 yds and a TD during his last 4 against Minny. I'll also call your attention to Coles this past week.

No, I was thinking that it was going to be somebody else's turn instead of Driver. I wasn't going to promise any shut down pass defenses in this game. Smoot might be starting this game. Play any GB receivers that you have and grab the ones that are available. :D

so is Favre worth a shot for his final blaze of glory at Lambau

if he's hot, don't you think they'll let him throw for 350 and 3 scores?

I thought he was a great play last week and look what he did. Got me a bagel in my quarterfinal. The conditions will be worse and he is playing a better D. Not sure if you can expect too much this week. It is primetime so maybe he'll show up. Who are your other options?

As far as starting the Packers Defense or even starting the Vikings defense this week, I see either as a crap shoot. Do the Pack jump all over a rookie QB or do the Vikes play with more passion behind the new guy. Many of the Viking players have stated that Jackson should've been playing several weeks ago.

Plus with the Thursday game, it's even more of a crap shoot that either defense will shut down the opponent.