Sign in to follow this  
SupaDawg

the Chester question?

I'm thinkin' he's had a lot of rest and MIN is probable for the playoffs.

Or, is he worn out from all those carries?

We all need a BIG game from him.

It's an NFC rivalry vs. the Pack.

Whaddayou think?

I dunno... Chester with a bad wrist and his backups can run just as well, it seem. I got burned last week with him. Luckily, I have LT who brought me from behind, and I wound up winning. I hope LT runs all game.

I like what I saw with Hackett last week. Even if DJax is back, I'm still thinking of Hackett as my starter. He was throw to so many times. He had about 100 yds and I'm hoping a TD this week against S.D.

Of course, I'll be watching the news on C. Talyor. Like i said, they've got some hope for the playoffs and hopefully the playcallers know he's the man. thanks

Since one of your WR is broke (D-Jax) then you will have to play a RB at the flex. LT and Westbrook are your starters and I think Taylro will get more touches and has a better matchup than Jacobs so.........

start Taylor at the flex.

See mine: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=192012

I like him this week;

he should get back in the groove and it is always nice to see one of your players before you lock lineups on Sunday. If he has 100 and a touch, you can go more conservative at QB, if he has another 38 yards, then you may have to gamble at QB for a possible BIG game.

I'm thinkin' every "tuff" RB has to be in it for the "BIG" game. He's gotta step up for his team, who MAY be playoff bound. No reason to be a lame duck this week... WHO KNOWS!

I like him this week;

he should get back in the groove and it is always nice to see one of your players before you lock lineups on Sunday. If he has 100 and a touch, you can go more conservative at QB, if he has another 38 yards, then you may have to gamble at QB for a possible BIG game.

I am leaning toward starting McGahee over him.

I'm struggling between Chester and Benson. At this point, I'm sticking with Chester--- new QB and freezing rain in GB sounds like lots of running to me. Maybe he can break one. The Bears running game has me so stumped, I don't want to risk it.

I've got a tough Chester issue.

Chester Topic

I've struggled all year picking the right weeks to start TJones vs. Chester. Finally decided I had to quit guessing and committed to starting Chester every week. Then, the nagging injuries and TJ started to come on. My confidence is low in all decisions involving these guys. Obviously, he has a decent matchup, but with the Thursday start, we've got to make a decision with limited info. If I had a better option, I would cross Taylor off my list and not look back. That said, I probably need him to play and have a nice game.

Chester Topic

I've struggled all year picking the right weeks to start TJones vs. Chester. Finally decided I had to quit guessing and committed to starting Chester every week. Then, the nagging injuries and TJ started to come on. My confidence is low in all decisions involving these guys. Obviously, he has a decent matchup, but with the Thursday start, we've got to make a decision with limited info. If I had a better option, I would cross Taylor off my list and not look back. That said, I probably need him to play and have a nice game.

Redfish,

I think you've got to go Chester this week. His question marks are better than the others'

Chester Topic

Starting Chester this week in championship game this week, mainly due to lack of suitable alternative (aka Thomas Jones and his shaky status ) ! Hopefully, LT will make THIS decision a MOOT POINT , just like last week !!! :D

I'm hoping that LT has one last week in him to run for multiple TD's. I think LT can run all over Seattle, so I am banking on him to have a good day and not worry so much about Chester.

But I still worry....

damn this is stressful.

I have the same concerns about Chester. In my Superbowl and need a second RB w/ Tiki. I also have Benson and Dayne. Don't know what to do. But to be honest, right now I'm thinking Chester is my third choice? T. Jones may not play and Dayne plays against the Colts.

Green Bay will stack the line to stop the run. They've actually been decent against the run all year. They are one of the few teams that have two decent corners (Harris and Woodson) to stop Minn crappy receivers. Plus, rookie QB will not put fear into their defense and they will make him beat them. Chester only had 75 yards and no tds' in their first meeting at home when he was healthy.

Chester is worn down. He's never had this many carries in his career and it shows. I'm not feeling him this week........

I feel the pain as well.

I have Taylor as my no. 2 to SJax. On the bench I have MBIII & Benson. Safe play is to play MBIII for me.

Oh, and I get to agonize over Vick this week as well.

MM

That's exactly h ow I feel... I think the Pack is going to stack the box, like you said and give the rookie QB hell. Plus, that doesn't look good for Chester.

Then I also feel that he's going to give it all he's got for trying to make it to the playoffs for his team.I gotta say the Vikes look beat up all around.

Unfortunately, the game is tomorrow... so gotta decide.

I have the same concerns about Chester. In my Superbowl and need a second RB w/ Tiki. I also have Benson and Dayne. Don't know what to do. But to be honest, right now I'm thinking Chester is my third choice? T. Jones may not play and Dayne plays against the Colts.

Green Bay will stack the line to stop the run. They've actually been decent against the run all year. They are one of the few teams that have two decent corners (Harris and Woodson) to stop Minn crappy receivers. Plus, rookie QB will not put fear into their defense and they will make him beat them. Chester only had 75 yards and no tds' in their first meeting at home when he was healthy.

Chester is worn down. He's never had this many carries in his career and it shows. I'm not feeling him this week........

You cant trust Taylor this week. His back ups are just as good and they have soft match up against the Pack in winter wonderland.

But, with the way my teams roster goes, I'm thinking of trying C. Taylor then only playing Boldin, vs the bad secondary of the 49rs.

Otherwise, I'm thinking of playing LT & Westy, Boldin and Hackett and benching Chester.

Which one would you go with?

Losman

LT

Westy

Chester

Boldin

Crumpler

Graham

PIT

A. Smith

LT

Westy

Hackett

Boldin

Crumpler

Graham

PIT

You cant trust Taylor this week. His back ups are just as good and they have soft match up against the Pack in winter wonderland.