[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stevens or Vernon Davis?

Steelhead

Watson's still out, so my options are

Stevens vs SD

Vernon Davis vs ARI

Stevens came thru last week with a garbage TD and this week SD is 32nd vs TE. Davis has scored the last 2 weeks. I'm thinking of sticking with Stevens again and hoping Stone hands can hold on.

Thoughts?

If Stevens could hold onto the ball he could be money, however since you can't trust him go with V Davis as he has a nice matchup and should see as many looks.

Hey -- you answered mine already; thanks. Here's my 2 cents...

Stevens has that great matchup against the 32nd-vs-TE's Chargers, like you said. BUT I suspect there were a couple of big games distorting that -- they had to face the AFC West (Tony Gonzalez) twice and the central (K. Winslow, Heap, Heath Miller) once. Stevens is not quite at that level. And the ONLY way you get points from him is a short TD, which I wouldn't count on -- he's the Roberto Duran of the NFL -- "hands of stone".

V. Davis has a tougher matchup on paper, BUT the 49'ers are playing the 32nd-vs.-WR's Cardinals, and he plays more like a WR than a TE, so I think he's got a great matchup. He's definitely a bigger yardage threat, and I think a better bet for a TD (maybe even a long one)...

Stevens drops more than he catches ... I probably try VD.

Again reading my advice... Bastidge!!! It's safe to give advice after Irish does I guess?!? :D