[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

rocky balboa

tonorator

for those who were unaware of the wednesday opening. 8 out of 10 stars in the cincinnati enquirer ...

let's all help this american icon go out in style.

:D

I am all over it. I am still pissed Creed died. :D

I haven't seen the movie and probably will not. I've seen previews on tv. I guess I only have one question: Does a 60 yr old man get into a boxing ring and supposedly fight a professional boxing match?

If so, I will never see this movie. I cannot suspend my belief system that well.

I haven't seen the movie and probably will not. I've seen previews on tv. I guess I only have one question: Does a 60 yr old man get into a boxing ring and supposedly fight a professional boxing match?

If so, I will never see this movie. I cannot suspend my belief system that well.

in the movie, he's quoted to be "in his 50s". you don't have to suspend anything as it is all out in the open in the movie. in the press conference, he's called "balboa-sauras". pretty funny.

if you were ever a rocky fan, this flick is for you.

in the movie, he's quoted to be "in his 50s". you don't have to suspend anything as it is all out in the open in the movie. in the press conference, he's called "balboa-sauras". pretty funny.

if you were ever a rocky fan, this flick is for you.

Just saw it, glad I did. Tonorator is right, any Rocky fan will enjoy this as a finale. You can't just go see it with no understanding of the whole series. It is simple and has every cliche on record but that is what makes it okay. :D

I'm a little disturbed by the Barry Bondsy regimen of steroids he must have ingested to get his 60 year old body into the shape he's in.

Glasses of eggs...check

Chasing chickens around...check

Tossing beer kegs around...check

Lifting trailers with your cornermen in it...check

Running to the top of snow-capped mountains in Russia...check

That is how you do it. Steroids...not the Balboa way :D

Glasses of eggs...check

Chasing chickens around...check

Tossing beer kegs around...check

Lifting trailers with your cornermen in it...check

Running to the top of snow-capped mountains in Russia...check

That is how you do it. Steroids...not the Balboa way :D

Uh....what about punching frozen sides of beef.

You obviously don't need me to say anything to prove that I'm a huge Rocky fan. I've got to say that I'm extremely happy with the way Rocky Balboa turned out. I would rank it as #2 in the series only behind the original. This movie really plays with your emotions. There are a lot of funny moments (Paulie has a lot of good one-liners), a lot of sad moments and during the fight in the end I found myself shedding a tear of happiness as I cheered Rocky on. The story was good. The soundtrack was good (mostly instrumental "rocky" music). Surprisingly, the acting was pretty good. This is the way the Rocky saga is supposed to end. :D:D

Yea I saw it the first time when George Forman last fought.

I saw it tonight, good flick! The end of Rockie. :D

I read a review in ESPN magazine and they said Rocky fans will enjoy the film but it's also a little pathetic. They say the movie mirrors Stallones actual life...a sorry attempt at a comeback.

Total BS.

I saw the movie last night, and it's excellent. It wraps up the series quite nicely, and honestly, it's just a great ending to a true American success story.

An attempt at a comeback for Stallone's actual life??? The dude has fame, adoring fans, and almost as much money as Oprah. He's had his share of bombs, but to call Stallone some kind of failure is way off the mark.

Here's my opinion: if you liked the original Rocky, then go see this one. You won't be disappointed. :D

• 3 months later...

I just watched this again on DVD, and appreciated the movie even more the 2nd time around. :D

Also, it was interesting to see the alternate ending.

I like their final decision on the ending. I loved this movie. If you pretend Rocky 5 never existed, I think Rocky is a great set of movies.

I'm kind of glad this thread was resurrected because I thought it was a poor attempt to recreate the Rocky series in a format similar to the first 2 or 3 Rockys.

Couldn't buy the story line and just seemed a bit phoned in for my liking.

Not a horrible experience but just not worth the $8 at the time.