[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did anyone hear the radio announcement...

vikings711

I heard that he could be benched for mouthing off to the coaches for poor play calling in last week's game. Did anyone hear about this?

No I did not.

But if it is true, I am surprised he's waited this long to open his mouth. Last week was simply an atrocious underuse of this guy.

Where did you hear this? What is the source? Benching a guy of this caliber for complaining about play calling would be pretty lame, IMO, especially since I need a good game out of him this weekend. A fine? Maybe. This seems along the lines of a Tiki Barber rant...frustration from a desire to win and succeed, and not just baseless BS.

This is gonna be mighty important for FFL Superbowl week! (we are in semi's, but same deal)

Not only that you can't "replace" his production, but many folks may not be at the computer for this Saturday night game (to replace him if he is in fact benched)

Calling all KC homers. PLEASE keep this board informed!

Maybe they would pull one of those "disciplinary" moves where they say that he isn't gonna start... so they play Michael Bennett for the first series, and then Johnson plays the rest of the game?

Edited by Savage Beatings

Maybe they would pull one of those "disciplinary" moves where they say that he isn't gonna start... so they play Michael Bennett for the first series, and then Johnson plays the rest of the game?

Bingo - was thinking that.

they are still in playoff hunt. To bench him for stating a truth would subject Herm to some chit.

i love LJ, but if he wants the ball more why is he pulling himself out of the game especiallly after a nice 20 some yard run that gives the team a spark. sits out the next couple of plays and then comes back on third and long. stay in the game, bro, stay in the game.

Herm Edward's comments from today appear to be another reason...

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/12/20/qa..._edwards__1220/

...sounds like they've ironed things out.

Q: Have you had a chance to talk to Larry Johnson about his post-game comments after the game the other night, talking about the predictability of the offense? Has he come to you?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, he was frustrated and he said some things and you always wonder when guys say things do we write exactly what he said. Sometimes, we don’t. Sometimes we forget a few things because that’s how the story goes. But he’s fine; we’re fine. We’ll continue to try and get better and here we go facing another good defense and it’ll be hard at time moving the ball. The last seven times have gone down to seven points or less.”

Edited by CowboysDiehard

Herm Edward's comments from today appear to be another reason...

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/12/20/qa..._edwards__1220/

...sounds like they've ironed things out.

Q: Have you had a chance to talk to Larry Johnson about his post-game comments after the game the other night, talking about the predictability of the offense? Has he come to you?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, he was frustrated and he said some things and you always wonder when guys say things do we write exactly what he said. Sometimes, we don’t. Sometimes we forget a few things because that’s how the story goes. But he’s fine; we’re fine. We’ll continue to try and get better and here we go facing another good defense and it’ll be hard at time moving the ball. The last seven times have gone down to seven points or less.”

Wow. What you will probably see this week is the Chiefs making some sort of attempt to do what LJ wants, however more out of necessity than as a response to his comments. Then, it's up to LJ. He better play his ass off, or he just opened himself up to a major ass-chewing.

But if it is true, I am surprised he's waited this long to open his mouth. Last week was simply an atrocious underuse of this guy.

+1

I have LJ going this weekend against LT and I need a big game, obviously. However........in my other SB, my opponent has both of them. :D