[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why am I not surprised by this?

TheGrunt

(Rotoworld) According to the Detroit News, Lions fans are planning to stage a walkout Sunday with eight minutes remaining in the second quarter.

Impact: Planned walkouts like this one rarely work particularly well, but you never know. Interestingly, several Lions players said they "can't blame them" when asked about the fan walkout Tuesday. Detroit is 23-71 under Matt Millen, which is the second-worst six-year run in league history.

Okay, so you had high hopes for success this year and it didn't happen. I suppose if you are a die-hard Lions fan, then hoping to get the organization's attention to fire Matt Millen is the right thing to do. He should be fired. But isn't it somewhat expected that the Lions were going to suck again this year? They still don't have a franchise QB, they just hired a whole new coaching staff this year, and the offensive line still looks like a bunch of high school kids playing against, well, real NFL football teams.

This team needs a high draft pick, especially after a year like this, in hopes they can repair what Matt Millen and the ex-coaching staff created for this Lions organization. In the last five years for draft picks, only Roy Williams and Kevin Jones turned out to be studs -- the rest were waisted 1st round draft picks, along with wasted money.

IMO this team should do much better next year after having a lot of time to adjust to the new coaches, however, this somewhat depends on the health of Kevin Jones going into next year. Which I believe, given the medical advancements today, he will be fine.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of walking out, if you are a true fan, you just enjoy wallowing in the suckiness. You should almost take a strange pride in it (like the Indians fans in the movie Major League).

uh, ya right. :D easier said than done. ain't no pride in living through that.

i'm not a Detroit fan but i'm in the area every so often and the lure of a Lions game becomes less and less every time i go. i'd rather drive another four hours to catch the Browns or Bengals than endure the hopelessness of that situation.

these fans shoulda walked out years ago.

Maybe the fans should not show up at the begining of the season.....or at all for the season....then maybe the franchise will do something about their management ....buying a ticket a being there for the whole game then leaving with 8 minutes left will do nothing.... plus the cowboys will be probably up by 21 by that time anyway !!!!!!!!

....buying a ticket a being there for the whole game then leaving with 8 minutes left will do nothing....

Aren't they leaving with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter? :D

Instead of walking out, if you are a true fan, you just enjoy wallowing in the suckiness. You should almost take a strange pride in it (like the Indians fans in the movie Major League).

I believe you've nailed my joy of being a Lions fan. For a long time, I expected the Lions to turn the corner "next year". Now? I watch them for the joy of watching football. I used to get upset when the Lions lost. Now, I get happy when they win. When they lose, it's not a big deal. I fully expect the Lions to get another win this year just in time to blow the number one pick.

I believe you've nailed my joy of being a Lions fan. For a long time, I expected the Lions to turn the corner "next year". Now? I watch them for the joy of watching football. I used to get upset when the Lions lost. Now, I get happy when they win. When they lose, it's not a big deal. I fully expect the Lions to get another win this year just in time to blow the number one pick.

Kind of like how I feel about the packers right now. If they lose it's kinda expected. If they win well i am pleasenly surprised and am happy. Not like before about half way through last season when I expected the pacters to win every week and then was pissed off when they lost. In some ways it kinda of nice but I would still like for my team to be good.

Look, Millen and their scouting department needs to be fired. You cannot go through four NFL drafts and end up with 4 legit starters. I mean come on. Look at this it's rediculous.

1 2 Charles Rogers WR Michigan State BUST

2 34 Boss Bailey OLB Georgia WEAK

3 66 Cory Redding DE Texas BUST

4 99 Artose Pinner RB Kentucky WEAK

5 137 Terrence Holt FS North Carolina State BUST

5 144 James Davis OLB West Virginia BUST

6 175 David Kircus WR Grand Valley State BUST

7 216 Ben Johnson T Wisconsin BUST

7 220 Blue Adams CB Cincinnati BUST

7 236 Brandon Drumm RB Colorado BUST

7 260 Travis Anglin WR Memphis BUST

Rd Sel# Player Pos. School

1 7 Roy Williams WR Texas Solid but not first pick STUD

1 30 Kevin Jones RB Virginia Tech Solid

2 37 Teddy Lehman MLB Oklahoma BUST

3 73 Keith Smith CB McNeese State BUST

5 140 Alex Lewis OLB Wisconsin OK

6 172 Kelly Butler T Purdue BUST

1 10 Mike Williams WR Southern California BUST

2 37 Shaun Cody DT Southern California BUST

3 72 Stanley Wilson CB Stanford BUST

5 145 Dan Orlovsky QB Connecticut BUST

6 184 Bill Swancutt DE Oregon State BUST

6 206 Johnathan Goddard LB Marshall BUST

1 9 Sims, Ernie OLB 5-11 232 Florida State STUD

2 40 Bullocks, Daniel SS 6-0 213 Nebraska OK

3 74 Calhoun, Brian RB 5-9 202 Wisconsin BUST..............CORRECTION injured, Bust label differed until proven next year.

5 141 Scott, Jonathan OT 6-6 314 Texas BUST

6 179 McCann, Alton 'Dee' CB 5-11 198 West Virginia BUST

7 217 Matua, Fred G 6-2 307 Southern California BUST

7 247 Cannon, Anthony OLB 5-11 227 Tulane BUST

4 solid players out of 30 players drafted. You can't win MATT. Not with picks like this. Their draft board must have been created by the waterboy. I mean come on not one of their late rounders has produced which is where you make or brake your franchise. Just look at it, how can you make picks like that. Three number one picks and they missed every single pick, including Roy Williams in my opinion. Year after year of terrible talent evaluations. Detroit will never ever win, drafting like this and how Millen still has his job is a mystery.

Now by comparison, here is a winning organization with a solid scouting department, coach and ownership. My beloved Dallas Cowboys.

1 5 Terence Newman CB Kansas State Starter Stud

2 38 Al Johnson C Wisconsin Starter behind better sized Andre

3 69 Jason Witten TE Tennessee Starter Stud

4 103 Bradie James ILB Louisiana State Starter Stud

6 178 B.J. Tucker CB Wisconsin Bust

6 186 Zuriel Smith WR Hampton Servicable special teamer still in the league

7 219 Justin Bates G Colorado Bust

2 43 Julius Jones RB Notre Dame Starter

2 52 Jacob Rogers T Southern California Bust

3 83 Stephen Peterman G Louisiana State Servicable

4 121 Bruce Thornton CB Georgia Injured but solid

5 144 Sean Ryan TE Boston College Serviceable

7 205 Nathan Jones CB Rutgers Solid corner learning and good special teamer

7 216 Patrick Crayton WR N.W. Oklahoma Solid 3rd reciever special teamer

7 223 Jacques Reeves CB Purdue Solid corner and special teamer

1 11 DeMarcus Ware OLB Troy STUD

1 20 Marcus Spears DE Louisiana State STUD in the making

2 42 Kevin Burnett OLB Tennessee Solid linebacker and special teamer

4 109 Marion Barber RB Minnesota STUD

4 132 Chris Canty DE Virginia Solid

6 208 Justin Beriault FS Ball State Injured but a player before knee finished his career

6 209 Rob Petitti T Pittsburgh Starter for New Orleans

7 224 Jay Ratliff DE Auburn Solid spot pressure player

Rd Sel# Player Pos. Ht. Wt. School

1 18 Carpenter, Bobby OLB 6-3 255 Ohio State Solid develpmental player

2 53 Fasano, Anthony TE 6-4 258 Notre Dame Starter 2nd TE

3 92 Hatcher, Jason DE 6-6 283 Grambling State Solid pass rusher

4 125 Green, Skyler WR 5-9 191 Louisiana State Bust

5 138 Watkins, Pat FS 6-5 212 Florida State Starter and still learning

6 182 Stanley, Montavious DT 6-2 314 Louisville Injured

7 211 McQuistan, Pat G 6-6 314 Weber State Backup

7 224 Whitley, E.J. C 6-5 301 Texas Tech Injured

19 out of 31 are still on the roster and either starting or play a backup roll. This is a perfect example of how to draft with purpose and build a young fundamentally sound franchise. Half the team are under 3 years experience. Also notice the starters and solid ballers found in the latter rounds.

Bottom line, get use to losing Detroit because there is obviously no one in managment that can evaluate talent, period.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I think everyone is being a little hasty here with an unjustified rush to judgement. The Lions are a good young squad who will only get better. They are sort of like Haiti. Sure they have had bad times, but they are on the precipice of becoming the economic juggernaught of the western hemisphere. The Lions, likewise, stand at the threshold of greatness after a few bad seasons. If they can only keep the braintrust of Millen and Marinelli in place for another decade or so, then you are looking at a great team and perhaps a dynasty. The talent these guys have assembled is impressive to say the least. All they need is to be coached up a little, and under the guidance of M and M, this teams future is bright indeed. I see nothing but "smooth sailing" ahead for this team...

I think everyone is being a little hasty here with an unjustified rush to judgement. The Lions are a good young squad who will only get better. They are sort of like Haiti. Sure they have had bad times, but they are on the precipice of becoming the economic juggernaught of the western hemisphere. The Lions, likewise, stand at the threshold of greatness after a few bad seasons. If they can only keep the braintrust of Millen and Marinelli in place for another decade or so, then you are looking at a great team and perhaps a dynasty. The talent these guys have assembled is impressive to say the least. All they need is to be coached up a little, and under the guidance of M and M, this teams future is bright indeed. I see nothing but "smooth sailing" ahead for this team...

:D:D Smooth Sailing for all aboard the MS Titanic.

:D Break out the brown bag heads. Was it not the Saints fans that started this? The Aints? No more of that and I'm pretty happy for New Orleans.

they would draft quinn the eskimo and he will sucky suck

Look, Millen and their scouting department needs to be fired. You cannot go through four NFL drafts and end up with 4 legit starters. I mean come on. Look at this it's rediculous.

1 2 Charles Rogers WR Michigan State BUST

2 34 Boss Bailey OLB Georgia WEAK

3 66 Cory Redding DE Texas BUST

4 99 Artose Pinner RB Kentucky WEAK

5 137 Terrence Holt FS North Carolina State BUST

5 144 James Davis OLB West Virginia BUST

6 175 David Kircus WR Grand Valley State BUST

7 216 Ben Johnson T Wisconsin BUST

7 220 Blue Adams CB Cincinnati BUST

7 236 Brandon Drumm RB Colorado BUST

7 260 Travis Anglin WR Memphis BUST

1 7 Roy Williams WR Texas Solid but not first pick STUD

1 30 Kevin Jones RB Virginia Tech Solid

2 37 Teddy Lehman MLB Oklahoma BUST

3 73 Keith Smith CB McNeese State BUST

5 140 Alex Lewis OLB Wisconsin OK

6 172 Kelly Butler T Purdue BUST

1 10 Mike Williams WR Southern California BUST

2 37 Shaun Cody DT Southern California BUST

3 72 Stanley Wilson CB Stanford BUST

5 145 Dan Orlovsky QB Connecticut BUST

6 184 Bill Swancutt DE Oregon State BUST

6 206 Johnathan Goddard LB Marshall BUST

1 9 Sims, Ernie OLB 5-11 232 Florida State STUD

2 40 Bullocks, Daniel SS 6-0 213 Nebraska OK

3 74 Calhoun, Brian RB 5-9 202 Wisconsin BUST

5 141 Scott, Jonathan OT 6-6 314 Texas BUST

6 179 McCann, Alton 'Dee' CB 5-11 198 West Virginia BUST

7 217 Matua, Fred G 6-2 307 Southern California BUST

7 247 Cannon, Anthony OLB 5-11 227 Tulane BUST

4 solid players out of 30 players drafted. You can't win MATT. Not with picks like this. Their draft board must have been created by the waterboy. I mean come on not one of their late rounders has produced which is where you make or brake your franchise. Just look at it, how can you make picks like that. Three number one picks and they missed every single pick, including Roy Williams in my opinion. Year after year of terrible talent evaluations. Detroit will never ever win, drafting like this and how Millen still has his job is a mystery.

Now by comparison, here is a winning organization with a solid scouting department, coach and ownership. My beloved Dallas Cowboys.

1 5 Terence Newman CB Kansas State Starter Stud

2 38 Al Johnson C Wisconsin Starter behind better sized Andre

3 69 Jason Witten TE Tennessee Starter Stud

4 103 Bradie James ILB Louisiana State Starter Stud

6 178 B.J. Tucker CB Wisconsin Bust

6 186 Zuriel Smith WR Hampton Servicable special teamer still in the league

7 219 Justin Bates G Colorado Bust

2 43 Julius Jones RB Notre Dame Starter

2 52 Jacob Rogers T Southern California Bust

3 83 Stephen Peterman G Louisiana State Servicable

4 121 Bruce Thornton CB Georgia Injured but solid

5 144 Sean Ryan TE Boston College Serviceable

7 205 Nathan Jones CB Rutgers Solid corner learning and good special teamer

7 216 Patrick Crayton WR N.W. Oklahoma Solid 3rd reciever special teamer

7 223 Jacques Reeves CB Purdue Solid corner and special teamer

1 11 DeMarcus Ware OLB Troy STUD

1 20 Marcus Spears DE Louisiana State STUD in the making

2 42 Kevin Burnett OLB Tennessee Solid linebacker and special teamer

4 109 Marion Barber RB Minnesota STUD

4 132 Chris Canty DE Virginia Solid

6 208 Justin Beriault FS Ball State Injured but a player before knee finished his career

6 209 Rob Petitti T Pittsburgh Starter for New Orleans

7 224 Jay Ratliff DE Auburn Solid spot pressure player

Rd Sel# Player Pos. Ht. Wt. School

1 18 Carpenter, Bobby OLB 6-3 255 Ohio State Solid develpmental player

2 53 Fasano, Anthony TE 6-4 258 Notre Dame Starter 2nd TE

3 92 Hatcher, Jason DE 6-6 283 Grambling State Solid pass rusher

4 125 Green, Skyler WR 5-9 191 Louisiana State Bust

5 138 Watkins, Pat FS 6-5 212 Florida State Starter and still learning

6 182 Stanley, Montavious DT 6-2 314 Louisville Injured

7 211 McQuistan, Pat G 6-6 314 Weber State Backup

7 224 Whitley, E.J. C 6-5 301 Texas Tech Injured

19 out of 31 are still on the roster and either starting or play a backup roll. This is a perfect example of how to draft with purpose and build a young fundamentally sound franchise. Half the team are under 3 years experience. Also notice the starters and solid ballers found in the latter rounds.

Bottom line, get use to losing Detroit because there is obviously no one in managment that can evaluate talent, period.

now that is some belind homerism :clap::tup::doh::huh::lol::(

:D:D:bash:

This single line invalidates your entire list.

2003 Detroit Lions 9 7 6.0 1 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 1

2004 Detroit Lions 16 40 34.0 6 3 0 0 0.0 0 0 0

2005 Detroit Lions 16 31 25.0 6 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 4

2006 Detroit Lions 14 43 33.0 10 7 0 0 0.0 0 0 0

Your kidding right? 30th in sacks and in his third year with 7. 1 prior to that and 3 prior to that. So what exactly have I missed. Ok I will move him up to serviceable but considering who Detroit passed on to get him in the 3rd in 2003, and all the DE they could have replaced him with post 2003 draft, I still consider him a bust pick at DE.