[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why am I not surprised by this?

TheGrunt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wisconsin RB in 2005 - good player, has a shot at least of being a 3rd down back in the NFL if he can be healthy.

They need so much help and they are drafting guys that have a SHOT at being a 3rd down back. Norwood that should have been their pick. I know, easy to say now but Norwood fits the bill much more then Calhoun especially if the Veronica cats were looking for a 3rd down back as you say.

Norwood- 4.37 speed, 6ft 210, good vision and solid coaching. Good hands and can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. Also graduated college as Sr.

Calhoun- 4.66 speed, 5ft 9 202, left college as a Jr with only two years experience. School competition was better but already had durablity concerns out of college.

You make the call. Detroit passes on a 4.3 guy to draft the 4.6 guy with durabilty problems and coming out early from college. That's the exact decision making that has them at the bottom of the league. Desperate for playmakers and they draft a guy that could be run down by Fat Albert.

Normally I would just disregard Detroit but after what that franchise did to Barry, I want to bash them all the more.

They need so much help and they are drafting guys that have a SHOT at being a 3rd down back. Norwood that should have been their pick. I know, easy to say now but Norwood fits the bill much more then Calhoun especially if the Veronica cats were looking for a 3rd down back as you say.

Norwood- 4.37 speed, 6ft 210, good vision and solid coaching. Good hands and can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. Also graduated college as Sr.

Calhoun- 4.66 speed, 5ft 9 202, left college as a Jr with only two years experience. School competition was better but already had durablity concerns out of college.

You make the call. Detroit passes on a 4.3 guy to draft the 4.6 guy with durabilty problems and coming out early from college. That's the exact decision making that has them at the bottom of the league. Desperate for playmakers and they draft a guy that could be run down by Fat Albert.

Normally I would just disregard Detroit but after what that franchise did to Barry, I want to bash them all the more.

Well, now you put it like that..... :D

Ok tell who I was inaccurate with. Who?

I don't follow the Cowboys second teamers but I'm sure many on your list are suspect. If "Solid Special Teamer" qualified, many of the "BUST" selections for the Lions should be re-evaluated. I look down you list and you give credit for Cowboys who are injured but injured Lions are "BUST". Lehman and Cody are a few examples.

Redding is SOLID and leads the team in sacks. Too bad he'll be solid for someone else next year

Stanley Wilson is no BUST yet

Cannon should not be considered BUST as a 7th rounder who plays

Alright, you made your point....the drafts have sucked! But they did look good in April and May!!!

I have season tickets and tailgate with about 20 people every week. All but 1 (who has two tickets) got rid of their tickets for this game weeks ago. Most quit going to the games and just hung out at the tailgate...not me.

I think if the Lions follow through on having Kitna start 2007, many ticket holders will be gone next year. 2-12, taking all the snaps and no sigh of being benched, frustrating to say the least. I like the guys fire but he completely folds in the 4th quarter....every game. Same in Cincy if I recall.

Until my Lions learn that you have to have a offensive and defensive line to win we will continue to suck. our owner gets way to involved in our draft picks, he hires the wrong people...and he has continuously given us horrible teams because of mostly this. until he hires a real football GM and lets that GM have total control we will continue to walk down this same path.

Other than that..all I have to say is ..... :D

I look down you list and you give credit for Cowboys who are injured but injured Lions are "BUST". Lehman and Cody are a few examples.

Cannon should not be considered BUST as a 7th rounder who plays

On the first point, yeah maybe I am a little harsh but I am only using history as a measure, so if the guy is injured on the Lions it's only allowing him to sit another year until he gets to prove his bustness.

Secondly, look at this, Cannon, Anthony OLB 5-11 227. Now how many STUD OLB you know are 5'11 and 227.

look at this, Cannon, Anthony OLB 5-11 227. Now how many STUD OLB you know are 5'11 and 227.

I think the point was that he was a 7th rounder and he actually plays. Much less, he made the team. It's not exactly common for 7th rounders to become 'studs'. It seems more appropriate to rank them relative to where they were drafted. By that measure, I would only call a 7th rounder a bust if he didn't make the team the year that he was drafted...

I think the point was that he was a 7th rounder and he actually plays. Much less, he made the team. It's not exactly common for 7th rounders to become 'studs'. It seems more appropriate to rank them relative to where they were drafted. By that measure, I would only call a 7th rounder a bust if he didn't make the team the year that he was drafted...

Ok he made the team and he plays, for the Lions. Hell, I hope they have open tryouts next year, maybe I can play.

Gee a humble Cowboys' fan, kind ranks up there with Santa Claus, everyone talks about them but no one has ever seen one.

Come on now. Just because I'm calling out Detroit management and pointing out how pleased I am that we have an organization that has recently has been drafting well enough to put a playoff caliber team together, makes me an arrogant Cowboys fan?

I have season tickets and tailgate with about 20 people every week. All but 1 (who has two tickets) got rid of their tickets for this game weeks ago. Most quit going to the games and just hung out at the tailgate...not me.

I think if the Lions follow through on having Kitna start 2007, many ticket holders will be gone next year. 2-12, taking all the snaps and no sigh of being benched, frustrating to say the least. I like the guys fire but he completely folds in the 4th quarter....every game. Same in Cincy if I recall.

McCown shoe'd signs of life with Arizona----with our WR talent, and more scrambling ability i cannot believe they have not at least given him and mike williams a look...this franchise is DOOMED until the Ford's sell the team, unfortunately all NFL franchises make money...he could give two Sega!s about the fans.....F U FORD and the Millen Good Ol' boys network, sincerely

Detroit sports fan fed up------------GO BALTIMORE!

Come on now. Just because I'm calling out Detroit management and pointing out how pleased I am that we have an organization that has recently has been drafting well enough to put a playoff caliber team together, makes me an arrogant Cowboys fan?

My post never stated arrogant, just humble (or implied lack). I read through your list and yes most of the Lions picks have sucked, but showed your true, let's call it team pride (there is no intention here for personal attacks, just a discussion you wanted to start), with statements like "Servicable special teamer still in the league" and "Solid corner learning and good special teamer" and "Solid spot pressure player", should I go on??

Granted I could give a crap about the Lions anymore (yes I was a Lions fan), but every non-starter not with the team is not a "BUST", I'm sure there are "solid special teamers", "pressure players", and "good learners" mixed among that list.

I'll give you that Lions should just release everyone (or better yet take Mr. Ford and the Millen circus to LA and give us an expansion team with a real owner) and start over.

Anyone know how we can get Matt Millen on the cover of Madden '07 next year?

My post never stated arrogant, just humble (or implied lack). I read through your list and yes most of the Lions picks have sucked, but showed your true, let's call it team pride (there is no intention here for personal attacks, just a discussion you wanted to start), with statements like "Servicable special teamer still in the league" and "Solid corner learning and good special teamer" and "Solid spot pressure player", should I go on??

Granted I could give a crap about the Lions anymore (yes I was a Lions fan), but every non-starter not with the team is not a "BUST", I'm sure there are "solid special teamers", "pressure players", and "good learners" mixed among that list.

I'll give you that Lions should just release everyone (or better yet take Mr. Ford and the Millen circus to LA and give us an expansion team with a real owner) and start over.

You make a good argument but undermine it with the bolded part above. Anyone that jumps ship on their team, assuming it hasn't relocated, isn't a true fan, IMO.

You make a good argument but undermine it with the bolded part above. Anyone that jumps ship on their team, assuming it hasn't relocated, isn't a true fan, IMO.

I call 'em front-runners. Always rooting for the team doing well at the time. I suppose it can make the game 'exciting' because your team is always winning, however, your team is never the same. It does become difficult to year-after-year root for a team that never gets past the regular season, but oh man... when the Lions make the playoffs, they will hopefully be a powerhouse team and go all the way!

But that O-line... :D

Ok fair enough. I was being unforgiving. Can you blame me?

I don't think the Lions need to 'start over' just yet. They've actually got a solid looking team besides a few missing pieces. OK, OK, a lot of missing pieces.

The Lions have the coaches (who I still think can help turn this franchise around), a great future RB in Kevin Jones (depending on his injury status starting next year), and at least one solid WR with Roy Williams. If the team finally decides to take a look at their offensive line, and now QB situation, then I'd almost consider this team an up-and-coming powerhouse.

I know the defense has pooped out on everyone this year, but this is still a young team with a lot of potential. If Matt Millen gets fired before the draft, so he can't make anymore idiotic picks, then one can only hope the rest of the coaching staff can make some intelligent choices when they pick new players.

This team is almost there, it will just take time for the Lions to regain composure after years of drafting duds. I refuse to believe the Lions are doomed for the rest of eternity. :D

this might leave a mark...

when the lions have the ball EVERYONE needs to stand and start to CHEER or BOO or whatever but it has to be loud enough that the offense cant hear the signals...then when the bears have the ball sit on your hands and keep your mouths shut....church mouse quiet...i can see it now detroit getting penalized for excessive crowd noise while they are on OFFENSE :D

I don't think the Lions need to 'start over' just yet. They've actually got a solid looking team besides a few missing pieces. OK, OK, a lot of missing pieces.

The Lions have the coaches (who I still think can help turn this franchise around), a great future RB in Kevin Jones (depending on his injury status starting next year), and at least one solid WR with Roy Williams. If the team finally decides to take a look at their offensive line, and now QB situation, then I'd almost consider this team an up-and-coming powerhouse.

I know the defense has pooped out on everyone this year, but this is still a young team with a lot of potential. If Matt Millen gets fired before the draft, so he can't make anymore idiotic picks, then one can only hope the rest of the coaching staff can make some intelligent choices when they pick new players.

This team is almost there, it will just take time for the Lions to regain composure after years of drafting duds. I refuse to believe the Lions are doomed for the rest of eternity. :D

Do you work for the Bush Administration as well?

So you would have stayed with them through all of this??

I can still be a true fan, just not for the Lions anymore. The funny thing is if it wasn't for fantasy football I likely wouldn't even be watching games this year. The futility of this team over the last (pick a number) of years has been so much I am not even interested in watching them anymore. The only reason I will watch this week is to see if the fans really do walk out. They have made it that they are not even worth my time, the "product" they put on the field the last few years is not entertaining, exciting, or competitive. Why should I invest my time in them anymore? Hell I'll start following and rooting for Tennessee, at least the team there is competitive. I don't being "called out" here, but IMO they've earned each and every "fan" who bails on them.

I call 'em front-runners. Always rooting for the team doing well at the time. I suppose it can make the game 'exciting' because your team is always winning, however, your team is never the same. It does become difficult to year-after-year root for a team that never gets past the regular season, but oh man... when the Lions make the playoffs, they will hopefully be a powerhouse team and go all the way!

But that O-line... :D

Sorry, you're talking about the wrong person here.

I was a tried and true always loyal fan to the Lions (I hate to say but I've put with this <insert expletive here> for over 30 years), the futility has finally been enough. What is it something like one playoff win in 50 years, thats FIFTY years, HALF A CENTURY!!!!

I won't be cheering for them again, I don't care if they win the SuperBowl next year. They've lost me plain and simple. You see all of these other teams go from having a few bad years rebuilding into a playoff team, maybe making it to the Conf. Championship a few years in a row and then doing it all over again. Even Tampa and Seattle (1976 ? expansion teams) have won a Super Bowl, Carolina (90's expansion team) has been to a SuperBowl. The Lions just keep doing this "rebuilding" thing over and over again, they'll get into the playoffs as wild card and then not even play a competitive game once they get there.

Signed Fed Up

Sorry, you're talking about the wrong person here.

I was a tried and true always loyal fan to the Lions (I hate to say but I've put with this <insert expletive here> for over 30 years), the futility has finally been enough. What is it something like one playoff win in 50 years, thats FIFTY years, HALF A CENTURY!!!!

I won't be cheering for them again, I don't care if they win the SuperBowl next year. They've lost me plain and simple. You see all of these other teams go from having a few bad years rebuilding into a playoff team, maybe making it to the Conf. Championship a few years in a row and then doing it all over again. Even Tampa and Seattle (1976 ? expansion teams) have won a Super Bowl, Carolina (90's expansion team) has been to a SuperBowl. The Lions just keep doing this "rebuilding" thing over and over again, they'll get into the playoffs as wild card and then not even play a competitive game once they get there.

Signed Fed Up

Well put. It's obvious not all will fit in the category of "front-runner", and in this case, I see your reasoning. It's almost unexplainable, actually. At the beginning of every year it seems as though the Lions will finally get things done... yet in the end it's the same story over and over. If you are a competitive person, as you seem to be, the 'fun' of watching a losing team starts to wear off -- as it did for you FINALLY after some 30 years.

Do you work for the Bush Administration as well?

:D

OK...