[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nice options at WR, but WDIS?

JetFanMike

OK -- I'm in my championship game, and would REALLY like to win it. Lineup is

QB -- Brees

RB -- Gore and Betts (over Rudi)

WR -- need to choose 2 of Harrison/Driver/Colston

TE -- Gates

PK -- Kaeding

DEF -- Chiefs

So... which 2 do I start of Marvin Harrison, Marques Colston, and Donald Driver?

Driver has a great matchup vs. the Vikes horrendous pass defense, and you gotta figure

Favre will come up big in his (possible) last home game. And Driver basically IS the Packers

receiving corps these days. As far as I know he's healthy.

Colston has a great matchup vs. the Giants horrendous pass defense in what should be a

high scoring game, and the Saints will want to come back strong after last week's disappointment.

But he'll be sharing the ball with Bush and Henderson, plus Deuce at the goalline.

Harrison has a pretty decent matchup against the Texans, BUT they are by far the easiest of

the three opponents to run against, and Marvin shares receptions with Reggie Wayne. He's

obviously hard to sit after last week's awesome game, but if his wrist is bothering him and the

game gets broken open, the Colts may just use Rhodes and Addai (if healthy) and not throw as

much. On the other hand, last week Marvin WAS effectively the Colts goalline back with 3 TD's

totalling 9 yards!

I think they're all top 10 guys this week, but I keep changing my mind about what to do. Please help!

I'll be answering a bunch of yours later :D (probably while I'm "watching" Packers-Vikes on line). For

what it's worth, I think I'm a big favorite (my opponent's got some injuries and bad matchups); in

case that matters.

THANK YOU!!!

Wow, tough decision.. Sounds like you should be in pretty good shape no matter what happens. The only thing that concerns me with Driver (and I own him in another league) is that the weather is supposed to be sloppy tonight. That might not effect Brett's passing, but who knows. I'd probably have a hard time benching either Harrison or Driver for Colston.

Long story short (too late), I'd go with Driver and Harrison

Here's more info to confuse me even more. First of all, the weather tonight -- that obviously hurts Driver a little, but he's still a stud. And it might actually INCREASE his chances for a long play.

The other complication is that my QB is Brees. I think I'm a big favorite in my game, so it's probably better for me NOT to play Brees and Colston together, since that's "putting all my eggs in one basket" -- if something happens to Brees (or he plays like last week), I'm screwed at 2 positions.

So I'm now leaning Marvin and Driver, but more inputs are VERY welcome...

When I have too many studs w/ good matchups, I go with the proven veterans over the guys with one good year under them. Driver and Harrison have been doing it for years and are as good as they come. Colston is having a great year, but it's only one year, plus he's only a couple weeks away from that ankle sprain. Bottom line is you can't go wrong with any of them, so don't fret whoever you decide on.

Please see mine: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=192341

Definitely roll with Driver in what could be Brett's last home game in a heated rivalry. No question - Driver. The Harrison/Colston dilemma is interesting. Marvin has been hot and has a tendency to disappear. I might play New Orleans in a game that should be high scoring. I'd play Colston as he gets a shot to get back in the offense this week.

Roll with Driver and Colston. Solid lineup and good luck.

Guys -- thanks VERY much -- I didn't change my mind, but I'm a lot more comfortable with what I was going to do (start Driver). Gros Membres -- I still may do Colston over Marvin, and probably WOULD except that I have Brees, and don't think I need the potential double-bang they could give me. I'd rather play it safe and not have a WR and QB from the same team.

I got lucky with my matchup -- my opponents three best players are FWP (facing the Ravens), DJax (out injured), and Steve Smith (QB-less)

Dupydog and Steelhead -- I will be answering yours momentarily

I still may do Colston over Marvin, and probably WOULD except that I have Brees, and don't think I need the potential double-bang they could give me. I'd rather play it safe and not have a WR and QB from the same team.

Agreed. Plus it's tough to sit Marvin with his ridiculous matchup and great play of late. Any word on his hand? He looked to be in some pain in the 4th/at the end of the game last week.

I'm not sitting Rudi because he's not good, it's just that I think Betts is a great play this week.

As for Harrison, his hand has apparently been a problem all year and it hasn't seemed to affect his productivity, and he's still a safer bet for a 10-12 point game than Colston is (although at this point Colston is probably a better bet for a 20-pointer).

Of course, right now I wish I hadn't started Driver... :D , but what can you do? Add a short TD to what he did yesterday and it's a solid game...

Thanks again...I probably WILL post one more time with some limited WDIS, but am trying to narrow it down more first...