[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Madden 2008, who gets the curse?

Sigalf03

Who is on the cover of Madden 2008  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the cover next year?

• LT
    • Peyton Manning
    • Drew Brees
    • Reggie Bush
    • Larry Johnson
    • TO
    • Other

There was a RB on the cover this year. They usually switch it up every year to focus on an improvement in another area of the game. So it will probably be a WR or a QB. Maybe even a defensive player.

I'd guess Ocho Cinco gets it next year.

:D Can't believe I left him off there

Good call, he does the commercials for them already....

There was a RB on the cover this year. They usually switch it up every year to focus on an improvement in another area of the game. So it will probably be a WR or a QB. Maybe even a defensive player.

I'd guess Ocho Cinco gets it next year.

Already put on NFL Street 3 (I think 3) so there's no chance he gets on Madden the same year. :D

Peyton has never been on the cover has he?

I think he's signed to some other game called NFL Fever. Not sure if they still make it though, never played it. :D

I'd say if they don't make the decision until after the Super Bowl it'll have to be Romo.

I thought they typically picked players off of successful teams

I'm tellin' you, put the Raiders team on the cover!! Break the curse once and for all!!!

Put Kitna on the cover and then let Madden put out an inferior product, like going back to Techmo Bowl stick guys. Only have 4 offensive plays to call and every 6th pass is a guarenteed INT. The possibilities are endless and the crowd walks out in week 16.

Can a player turn it down?

Can Dallas Clark SUE Madden?

Can T.O. score and just hand the ball to the ref?

From the marketing point of view, they want THE hot player in the league on the cover. Tomlinson is at the pinnacle right now, and if the Chargers go deep in the playoffs it would seem a no brainer to me that he would be on the cover.

Plus it would fit right into the "curse" mode, because if the Chargers go to the SB this year, we can expect the typical "Superbowl hangover" next season for the team. And with as many relatively crash free totes as Tomlinson has had over the last several seasons, odds are that he would begin to wear down at some point. Tomlinson would seem to "fit."

That being said, I really like LT, and hope that I am wrong. Because whoever is on the cover is going down. Not that I believe in curses or anything........