[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Punt Off Jet costs me the championship?

Yesterday, Miami punted and idiot Jet doesn't see the ball, it bounces off him and Miami recovers, is that considered a defensive fumble recovery? or is that actually an offensive recovery. This will decide our playoffs unfortunately......................please help

It's usually scored as a defense / special teams fumble recovery.

Offensive fumble recovery..4th down, the team punting is still considered to be the offensive team. If they ran a fake punt would the defense get credit for a TD or yardage? No..The punt team is still offense

They may be the offensive team in NFL-speak but in the language of FF, that is Special Teams and ST is usually combined with DT in most leagues, thus the points belong to the ST / DT.

It is a special teams fumble recovery, and in most leagues that goes to the defense.

wow...i feel like someone shot my dog.....that cost me a few bucks in my work league, but more improtantly a championship....i did win my big money league, but also lost a shot at the final game in my Keeper because i lost the tiebreaker in the semi-final as we tied and he had more bench points...as dickens stated, the best of times, the worst of times....son of a! and a big F U to Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne and Tony Romo (side F U to T Owens, loser!), who laid a turd yesterday...and to lovie smith for not playing Benson a majority of the game....

Edited by Maize N Blue Backer