[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

calling all champions

isleseeya

Winning a championship is a great feeling ( won a few over the years and just one last night ) but I wondered how many savor or are more concerned with the prize money as opposed to the prestige and sense of accomplishment in winning the title itself ( along with trophy if your league gives those out ) ?

I mean the money is great but I would be just as ( ok maybe slightly less ) excited to win a competetive league even if no money involved ...for me its about the competition and competing more than the cash

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning a championship is a great feeling ( won a few over the years and just one last night ) but I wondered how many savor or are more concerned with the prize money as opposed to the prestige and sense of accomplishment in winning the title itself ( along with trophy if your league gives those out ) ?

I mean the money is great but I would be just as ( ok maybe slightly less ) excited to win a competetive league even if no money involved ...for me its about the competition and competing more than the cash

:D I shelled out about $600 in entry fees this season. I won about $1100. Championships are great, but the profit doesn't hurt either :D

In my redraft, been in it for over 10years and won the past three. That one to me is about the chance of beating my older brother and his friends, never gets old. In one of my dynasty leagues, it is three years old, and the commish is stacked and won it the first two years. This year, I took him out in the semi's and won it this week, so was happy to slay the evil dragon but the money was decent too.

it a bit of both for me, in the one 12 team league i've been in for the last 7 years with basically the same core 8 or 9 guys it bragging rights and the fact no one has ever been a two time champion in the overall total points until this season when i won for the second time, also three years ago we added a head to head match up and i won that as well so the $3500.00 is a nice little bonus as well.

it a bit of both for me, in the one 12 team league i've been in for the last 7 years with basically the same core 8 or 9 guys it bragging rights and the fact no one has ever been a two time champion in the overall total points until this season when i won for the second time, also three years ago we added a head to head match up and i won that as well so the $3500.00 is a nice little bonus as well.

That's quite an entry fee.....$500?

Is it the money??? You tell me. I won the championship, 3 weekly pots and a couple of small bonuses. I am up somewhere around $1400. :D

Upon further review, I worked harder than any team in the league, going as far as 100's of pre season mock drafts, custom spread sheet "cheat sheets", 7 day a week combing the internet for cutting edge info (lots of the Huddle of course), and pissing off my wife with what she calls overly obsessed fantasy football behavior. I figure at least 20 hours a week for the last 6 months works out to be around 500 hours. You divide that by the $1400 I won and at best I earned is around $3 an hour. :D

I think this answers your question

$120 in entry fees. Lost first round of the playoffs. Still win almost $500 due to high points scorer for the season rakes in most of the FA pot. All said and done I'll make more than the SB winner.

I'd rather have my name engraved in that trophy though....

Is it the money??? You tell me. I won the championship, 3 weekly pots and a couple of small bonuses. I am up somewhere around $1400. :D

Upon further review, I worked harder than any team in the league, going as far as 100's of pre season mock drafts, custom spread sheet "cheat sheets", 7 day a week combing the internet for cutting edge info (lots of the Huddle of course), and pissing off my wife with what she calls overly obsessed fantasy football behavior. I figure at least 20 hours a week for the last 6 months works out to be around 500 hours. You divide that by the $1400 I won and at best I earned is around $3 an hour. :D

I think this answers your question

its funny because i fall in the same catergory in that i put in alot of time( wife has call obsessed on more than one occassion and that when i normally back off as she is probably right :bash: )

but i love putting in the the time and its rewarding big time when your moves pan out ...in the end cant beat the feeling of getting the trophy

Edited by isleseeya

In my "big" money league it's both since the winner pockets about $600 bucks, and we've had the same group of guys playing for almost 8 years now.

in my 2nd league, it's all about the prestige!!! Winner only wins a little over $100 bucks, but since I've won the last two years, and am playing for a third this year (championship is next week), it's definitely about the prestige of being a three time champ.