[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty League Fliers (rookies and free agents)

KUBJPO01

I don't understand how 2006 1st round or high 2nd round skill guys like Jackson, Davis, White, or Moss are flyers. Those guys come at a premium in a dynasty league when owners know that those guys have a year's worth of NFL experience now.

Schaub is a good flyer. He figures to go to one of a few teams that will be looking for a starting QB.

QBs JP Losman & Alex Smith appear to be starting to understand the NFL, and both have young stud skill players around them. Either guy might be worth a fishing expedition.

QB David Carr appears to have worn out his welcome in HOU, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Plummer as the Texans' starting QB next year. That would suggest Carr is headed elsewhere, and if he gets an O-line that can keep him upright he could really surprise.

QB Damon Huard put up some great numbers while Trent Green was hurt, and if KC can't afford two starting quality QBs, he ought to be showing up in the hunt for someone else's starting lineup.

If you're going to take a shot at RB Michael Turner, he's a great guy to take a risk on this offseason before he possibly moves. He's a RFA, I believe, this year, and I would imagine that someone will put together some kind of funky compensation package that SD will have a hard time matching.

RB Ron Dayne just had a superb month for HOU, is hated by many FF owners, and is probably going to be back for run-happy HOU coach Gary Kubiak.

RB Vernand Morency is a solid flyer if GB doesn't use a high draft pick at RB. A Green has a lot of mileage on his chassis and Morency looked good in spots.

If the Jets don't make a splash in FA or the draft at RB, look for Cedric Houston to be a solid impact RB - the guy gets the ball on the goal line & really made a nice FF impact in the last few games.

WR Vincent Jackson appears to be on the verge of emerging and would be a good value.

WR Kevin Curtis ought to be on your radar. The kid is a playmaker and Bruce has to retire (or hit the wall) in the very near future.

WR Brandon Marshall has the look of a future stud in the making, and he & Cutler have already shown good repore.

WR Josh Reed also had a decent last month and seems to be emerging with Losman getting a grasp of NFL play, and is a nice compliment for Evans.

WR Ronald Curry put up some great late season numbers while Moss & Porter were pouting. Figuring that both whiny vets are on their way somewhere else, Curry could emerge as a very solid FF WR on a team that figures to be throwing a lot next year.

TE Owen Daniels made a solid impact as a rookie for a HC in HOU who likes to throw to TEs, especially near the goal line.

TE Tony Scheffler is finally emerging as Cutler has started, and both Cutler & Shanahan like him a lot as a receiver.

Keep an eye on the TE situation in NE. There are too many talented guys on the roster, and if NE deals one of either Graham or Watson (Graham most likely), Dave Thomas may end up being a solid FF TE.

I don't understand how 2006 1st round or high 2nd round skill guys like Jackson, Davis, White, or Moss are flyers. Those guys come at a premium in a dynasty league when owners know that those guys have a year's worth of NFL experience now.

gotta agree with BB, I traded for VJax earlier this yr expecting to see something from him next yr...moss I am a bit more concerned about since he battled DS Disease all yr long

Anyone like Michael Robinson (Gore's backup)? He had one very decent game in relief, towards the beginning of this season... then Gore stayed healthy and went to town. He'll probably just continue to be a decent backup, but I'm always looking for that needle in a haystack.