[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S.Jax

Endzone

Thinking that L.T. will still be #1 but that Jax may be projected as the #2 RB and ahead of L.J. Where would you place Jax?

In my 2 man keeper league, LT will become available (3 year release clause)...I have Jax (for another year) and would have the no.1 draft seed to potentially pick up LT. If I keep Jax, I will not be in position to get LT and if I release Jax he would be gobble up by someone else.

Could Jax possibly over take LT as the #1 RB in next year's draft?

Not in the draft, but in terms of eventual production, he might.

I think LT will tail off after his phenomenal 2006...just as Peyton did after his huge campaign a couple years ago, and just as LJ did this year (rememebr everyone saying LJ would have 30 TDs this year, based on what he did in 8 games the year prior?) He'll still be a top-3 RB, but I doubt there will be the gap that exists this year.

FWIW, here is my top-10 for next year:

LT

Sjax

LJ

Gore

Alexander

Westbrook

Parker

Brown

McGahee

Rudi

Portis slips in my book, just because of the uncertainty Betts brings to the equation. MJD/Maroney/Addai etc. need to show me that can do it for a full-year, carrying the full load, before I'd drop a 1st-round pick on them.

Looking at my list, each of the players listed touches the ball 20-25 times per game...THAT is what a #1 RB is made of.

I doubt Jackson will put up more points than LT, but I'd still hold on to him. If you dropped Jackson for LT, what would be your next draft spot? If you held on to Jackson, what is your next draft spot?

I would elect not to keep any players (inc. Jax) to insure that I get the 1st draft position in the 1st round. I get 1st choice to determine my draft position. If I keep Jax then my pick in the 2nd round is based on where I decide which draft position I want to have. Obviously with LT being made available, whoever decides not to keep players will have the opporunity to pick LT for a 1st round pick. Usually everyone keeps a player or 2 but with LT available, they would wait and see if I elect to go for the 1st draft spot. If I keep Jax then I would take a higher draft spot to get an earlier pick in the 2nd round possibly.

Not in the draft, but in terms of eventual production, he might.

LT

Sjax

LJ

Gore

Alexander

Westbrook

Parker

Brown

McGahee

Rudi

I like where you have Westbrook too. I think Alaexander will try and re-gain his title, but Gore hasd been a stud. If Ricky comes back Brown may drop a little in my book. Good list though.

LT

Sjax

LJ

Gore

Alexander

Westbrook

Parker

Brown

McGahee

Rudi

Good list here. I called it at the beginning of this year, and before most drafts were ended that Jackson should have been a top 3-5 pick this year.

Sjax is definitely a top 3 pick for next years draft. And it's too bad for Kevin Jone's injury, because he'd be in the top 10 if completely healthy.

If you've got a chance to take LT, you freakin' take it. That guy wins fantasy championships.

My top 10

LT

Jackson

Gore

LJ

Westbrook

Parker

Portis

Rudi

Bush

A. Peterson

11. D. Williams

Shaun is washed up, his line is getting there too.

If you've got a chance to take LT, you freakin' take it. That guy wins fantasy championships.

My top 10

LT

Jackson

Gore

LJ

Westbrook

Parker

Portis

Rudi

Bush

A. Peterson

11. D. Williams

I tend to agree that SA will never accomplish what he did last year and will be ranked between top 5-10 RB in my books. I am leaning towards LT because I would get to keep him 3 years whereas I would have to give up Jax the following year if I do keep him. I personally think that Jax has the chance to do better than LT over the next couple of years because of the division that they play in whereas LT will definitely have a more difficult schedule because of their success this year.

My top 10

LT

Jackson

Gore

LJ

Westbrook

Parker

Portis

Rudi

Bush

A. Peterson

11. D. Williams

:D

I love how quickly people forget. As long as the offensive line has Walter Jones, the best left-tackle in the game, then they've at least got a shot at not only protecting the QB, but also opening up a hole for SA every now and then. Shaun Alexander was hurt pretty much all year long. Injuries are a normal part of the game, and if they happen, they will keep a player out for some time. It happens. Alexander will be back next year and probably produce anywhere around, but not limited to, 12 TD's, along with 1,200 - 1,300 rushing yards. :D

But I still won't place him in the top 5 RB's for next year's draft, however, top 10-15 seems like a good fit.

Thinking that L.T. will still be #1 but that Jax may be projected as the #2 RB and ahead of L.J. Where would you place Jax?

In my 2 man keeper league, LT will become available (3 year release clause)...I have Jax (for another year) and would have the no.1 draft seed to potentially pick up LT. If I keep Jax, I will not be in position to get LT and if I release Jax he would be gobble up by someone else.

In reading this and the rest of the thread, critical question seems to have been overlooked:

If you drop SJax, and therefore can get LT, do you get to keep LT for three years as opposed to only getting to keep SJax for 1 more? If that's the case, I think it's a no brainer you get LT.

I had started a thread about the fact I doubt LT will be the number one scorer next year as with the number of "great" backs, that title will be handed around year to year, but I don't know which of SA/LJ/Sjax or anyone else will replace him, and I do know LT will be top 3. Assuming my thought about LT for 3 vs Sjax for 1 is right above, go LT easy

after having sa this year, I wouldnt pick him in the top 6 backs. He wasnt doing well before the injury, their line is getting old as is he. I remember how quickly Faulk faded, it happend really fast. You cant take chances on your #1 pick.

1 LT ppr 1

2 LJ ppr 3

3 SJ ppr 2

4 F GORE ppr 5

5 WEST ppr 4

6 FWP ppr 7 BUSH PPR 6

7 SA ppr 9

8 WILLIS PPR 8

9 RUDI PPR 10

10 DAYNE (just kidding)

:D

I love how quickly people forget. As long as the offensive line has Walter Jones, the best left-tackle in the game, then they've at least got a shot at not only protecting the QB, but also opening up a hole for SA every now and then. Shaun Alexander was hurt pretty much all year long. Injuries are a normal part of the game, and if they happen, they will keep a player out for some time. It happens. Alexander will be back next year and probably produce anywhere around, but not limited to, 12 TD's, along with 1,200 - 1,300 rushing yards. :D

But I still won't place him in the top 5 RB's for next year's draft, however, top 10-15 seems like a good fit.

Walt, while still great, gets beat a few times a game now. Before this season, he only got beat a few times a season. Gray and Tobeck are on their last legs, and Locklear appears to have regressed. I think you are the one forgetting--forgetting that Shaun was playing for a PHAT contract last year. Anybody would have played the best football of their career in a similar situation. Shaun has lost his hunger.

Dude, you have to try and get LT, especially if you lose Jackson soon anyway. Would you rather be left with Tomlinson, or nothing at all???

In reading this and the rest of the thread, critical question seems to have been overlooked:

If you drop SJax, and therefore can get LT, do you get to keep LT for three years as opposed to only getting to keep SJax for 1 more? If that's the case, I think it's a no brainer you get LT.

I had started a thread about the fact I doubt LT will be the number one scorer next year as with the number of "great" backs, that title will be handed around year to year, but I don't know which of SA/LJ/Sjax or anyone else will replace him, and I do know LT will be top 3. Assuming my thought about LT for 3 vs Sjax for 1 is right above, go LT easy

My money is on either LJ or Sjax as the top back next year. :D

Steven Jackson is also only 23 (or is it 22?) years old.

This is only Larry Johnson's 4th year playing.

Both running backs have a lot gas left in their tanks, and more than likely have their best years ahead of them.

My money is on either LJ or Sjax as the top back next year. :D

Steven Jackson is also only 23 (or is it 22?) years old.

This is only Larry Johnson's 4th year playing.

Both running backs have a lot gas left in their tanks, and more than likely have their best years ahead of them.

That's true. Jackson is very young. 24 in July.

From PFW

Although Stephen Davis did score a meaningful touchdown in a Week 16 win over the Redskins, the Rams probably wouldn't have minded a little more production on the field this season from the veteran offseason pickup. But we hear the team couldn't be more pleased with the way Davis has filled his role as a mentor to fellow RB Steven Jackson. Word is Davis has spent considerable time off the field helping Jackson become more of a north-south runner in short-yardage situations and has developed a much closer relationship with Jackson than Marshall Faulk had the previous two seasons.

Edited by Randall

Exactly!

I don't see why LT would not be the best back next year, even if he drops some, which is most likely, there still would be a gap between him and the rest of the league. I think a lot of people just can't believe what he did this year and figure he has to fall back into the pack, but why? Sure there is a chance that SJax, LJ or even Gore could have a better year, but if I were to put money on it right now, it would be on LT hands down. I think it is just WAG to put anyone over LT right now.