[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More political correctness?

evil_gop_liars

This is a joke and hurts the Christian position. To make a logical choice about creation, evoulution, or any combination involved you need to have all the evidence. I am confident enough in my faith to use all information available to us. This is what gives religion a bad name and does give the appearance of a government trying to control the people through religion. Bush has failed in almost every way, I am ashamed I voted for him. Does that mean I will vote Democratic next time? No, evidently I voted for a closet Dem in the last election. I won't make that mistake again.

As quick as I am to bash creationists for confusing faith with facts and science, this appears to be overblown. A quick look at the official Grand Canyon website, and you'll see they have no problems talking about things being thousands of millions of years old.

I've seen several takes on this across the interweb thingy, and all of the articles end up referencing back to this one press release, which basically just quotes its own members. There appears to be no evidence that NPS employees have any directive to not give truthful, scientifically valid answers to the question of how old the park is.

Even this PEER press release talks more about some creationist book for sale in the gift shop than it does this supposed order. Considering the gift shop also sells books about Native American myths about the Grand Canyon, there's no reason it shouldn't sell the book containing Christian myths, so long as they don't claim that it's scientifically valid.

This is a joke and hurts the Christian position. To make a logical choice about creation, evoulution, or any combination involved you need to have all the evidence. I am confident enough in my faith to use all information available to us. This is what gives religion a bad name and does give the appearance of a government trying to control the people through religion. Bush has failed in almost every way, I am ashamed I voted for him. Does that mean I will vote Democratic next time? No, evidently I voted for a closet Dem in the last election. I won't make that mistake again.

You voted for a Republican. Dont forget it. You are to blame for the last six years. America does not thank you.

As quick as I am to bash creationists for confusing faith with facts and science, this appears to be overblown. A quick look at the official Grand Canyon website, and you'll see they have no problems talking about things being thousands of millions of years old.

I've seen several takes on this across the interweb thingy, and all of the articles end up referencing back to this one press release, which basically just quotes its own members. There appears to be no evidence that NPS employees have any directive to not give truthful, scientifically valid answers to the question of how old the park is.

Even this PEER press release talks more about some creationist book for sale in the gift shop than it does this supposed order. Considering the gift shop also sells books about Native American myths about the Grand Canyon, there's no reason it shouldn't sell the book containing Christian myths, so long as they don't claim that it's scientifically valid.

Good Call, Dr. I love it when silly internet rumors get diffused.

US Parks Service Grand Canyon Site. (Your link was to this site)

"The oldest human artifacts found are nearly 12,000 years old and date to the Paleo-Indian period. There has been continuous use and occupation of the park since that time."

"Geologic formations such as gneiss and schist found at the bottom of the Canyon date back 1,800 million years." (Isn't 1,800 million the same as 1.8 billion?)

Edited by AtomicCEO

Did You Know?

Each year, thousands of hikers enter the Grand Canyon on the Bright Angel Trail. They follow a route established by Adam and Eve for two key reasons: water and access. Water emerges from springs at Indian Garden, and a fault creates a break in the cliffs, providing access to the springs.

:D