[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan vs USC

theeohiostate

And finally, LSU is a good team. However, they failed to score a touchdown against Auburn and only one against Florida. It is rare that a #1 team will go two games with and only score one offensive touchdown.

I think this is why the commitee set them up with another undeserving BCS Bowl team in ND. Should be a great contest of mediocre talent.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And finally, LSU is a good team. However, they failed to score a touchdown against Auburn and only one against Florida. It is rare that a #1 team will go two games with and only score one offensive touchdown.

That's what makes LSU the best two lost team in the history of sports. LSU may not have been the best way back then, but enough experts feel that LSU would handle any team right now and since that's impossible with no playoff, we can only assume. Now to make this point even more believable we need the Gators to do their part in Glendale. I hate having to count on any other SEC team to do a Tiger's job, but again we have no choice.

Heck one of our middle tier teams almost beat your #6 ranked Badgers today who should jump the wolverines in the final polls for beating that middle tier SEC team.

:D Didn't your "middle tier" team play in the SEC title game?

I guess a sign of a poor league is when average teams are one game away from winning the conference.

If you consider the middle tier of the SEC , the team that won the West division and played in the SEC Championship game, then that's all the SEC is..................middle class teams...............glad your finally on board with my view.

by the way Big 10's only 2 wins were against higher seeded SEC teams. If the Big 10 sucks, then what does that say for the SEC :D

Thought you were a football guy. Why would the BCS take a 12th ranked team over a 4th ranked team? Now that wouldn't be right. I'm now wondering if the Wolverines could have beaten any SEC team other than Vanderbilt. :D

Thought you were a football guy. Why would the BCS take a 12th ranked team over a 4th ranked team? Now that wouldn't be right. I'm now wondering if the Wolverines could have beaten any SEC team other than Vanderbilt. :D

Better question is, is there any SEC team that could have scored on Michigan?

:D Didn't your "middle tier" team play in the SEC title game?

I guess a sign of a poor league is when average teams are one game away from winning the conference.

On the contrary. That's why the SEC is the toughest conference in the nation. You got to come ready to play every weekend. Not like the Big Ten who plays maybe 3 game per season.

Complete domination by SC. :bash: When you have two teams like Michigan and SC with seemingly equal talent at the skill positions you have to look at coaching when one team dominates the other Like SC did today. Pete Carrol again proved why he is one of the best, if not the best, coach in College football. :D

Michigan had all the incentive in the world to come out and prove that they were deserving of playing in the NC game and had an outside shot at the NC trophy. SC proved that the "Big Blue" are not in their class :D

SC proved that the "Big Blue" are not in their class :D

I don't buy that assessment in the least. Do you really feel USC is that greater a team then Michigan, or did Michigan just have Carr as the head coach and OSU in their mind?

Edited by theeohiostate

USC outplayed, outcoached, and outclassed Michigan today. Hey Lloyd, have you ever heard of a ROLL OUT?! And why doesn't Michigan have any mis-direction running plays, or hell even an iso in their playbook?

Dwayne Jarrett, get some class buddy. Nice game, but act like you've been there before, instead of some thug that looks like he should be playing for Miami.

All in all, I think USC proved today, that they are leaps and bounds the class of the Pac 10, and Pete Carroll proved why he may be (IMO is) the best coach in the country. Congratulations to the Trojans.

It's OFFICIAL!

Michigan has packed in the season after the OSU loss and mailed it in.

Such a shame, thought this would be a good game, but looks as though only 1 team showed up to play. If i were a Michigan fan, i'd be calling for Carrs head. He's let a more talented and better team lose far too many games the last 5 years. I would have thougt there would have been a roar after losing to Nebraska in last years Alamo, but no one in Michigan seemed to care.

WELL! This is what you get!

Sometimes when it appears that one team has "mailed" it in it's only because the other team is dominating. That was the case today. Quit blaming Michigan for not being ready. Credit USC for being dominant. How could Michigan not be ready? They had more to play for than USC did! :D USC :D

Sometimes when it appears that one team has "mailed" it in it's only because the other team is dominating.

Please check my earlier threads, i called it in the first quarter with no score....................thank you very much. Much like the announers post game stating USC was the only team that came to play, it was obvious to me after the first series, watching the sidelines, the players lack of enthusiasm, etc.

They had more to play for than USC did! :D USC :D

you don't know ANYTHING about Carr and Michigan with that statement whatsoever. Michigan has ONE and only ONE thing to play for and they lost that fight for the 3rd year in a row, translating into their 3rd staight no show in a bowl game appearance. Please be more aware of the situation before you say, they had more to play for, they had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to play for. The season was over, once a rematch wasn't in the cards.

Edited by theeohiostate

I don't buy that assessment in the least. Do you really feel USC is that greater a team then Michigan, or did Michigan just have Carr as the head coach and OSU in their mind?

You think they came into this game thinking about OSU :D

USC has had the best college program the last 5 years, but you think they ran onto the field thinking about a close, dissapointing loss to the Buckeyes a month ago? Hello :D

You think they came into this game thinking about OSU :D

If you don't then your totally clueless, hopeless and have no understanding of Carr's mental state concerning the matter. The kids weren't thinking of OSU, but i ASURE you, Carr was and it is written on his face, day and night.............get a clue already.

Edited by theeohiostate

you don't know ANYTHING about Carr and Michigan with that statement whatsoever. Michigan has ONE and only ONE thing to play for and they lost that fight for the 3rd year in a row, translating into their 3rd staight no show in a bowl game appearance. Please be more aware of the situation before you say, they had more to play for, they had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to play for. The season was over, once a rematch wasn't in the cards.

Clueless :D Thanks for the entertainment though :D

TOS - enough of these weak ss excuses. Carr could have pulled a Vince Lombardi speech out of his ass and it would not have made a difference. The D gameplan, and overall team speed was way too much for Mich to handle. This team dominated Mich at every position, and gave them a serious beatdown. A so called "fast" Michigan team got a look at what is real speed by SC.

I gave Mich alot of credit this year but it was pretty obvious they aren't in USC's class,

A shame USC stubbed thier toe against UCLA because we all know USC/OSU is the real NC.

On the contrary. That's why the SEC is the toughest conference in the nation. You got to come ready to play every weekend. Not like the Big Ten who plays maybe 3 game per season.

Were you born an idiot, or have you just been dropped on your head a lot?

I'll gladly grant that the Big Ten this year was down - but of the 3 major conferences (SEC, Big 12 - well, Big 12 South, at least - Big Ten - the other conferences are just pretenders), you've got a BUNCH of solid programs that can rise up and bite any team in the ass on any given Saturday. Excepting a down year, there may be one or two total cupcakes and a deep bunch of very good teams. It's not as if the SEC doesn't have the Mississippi schools and until recently Vandy to beat up on for 3 easy wins.

I gave Mich alot of credit this year but it was pretty obvious they aren't in USC's class,

Your probably right. UCLA is more in USC's class since they punked them. I guess that makes FSU in USC's class also since they punked UCLA 44-27 :D

you guys have no idea what goes on in the Big 10, so please don't keep up the dumbass. remarks, it only shows how clueless you are. Carr was, is and has always been thinking OSU. TEN wins against USC doesn't mean anything against another loss at the hands of the World Beating Bucks. His consistent pressure to win a game over the past 4 seasons against the Bucks has translated into 4 straight bowl losses.

I just didn't create this fact, it's not in question, it's a true statement. Michigan got punked by USC and they'd have lost today against SanDiego St too, doesn't matter who they play in the bowls after a OSU loss...............THEY JUST LOSE.

Really, is this the first time your aware of this fact? :D

Wow...I did not see that coming.

1. USC dominated the game on both sides of the ball and made Mcihigan look slow on both sides.

2. Lloyd Carr is the worst coach this side of John Cooper, Carr was not going to leave that run off tackle to the short side of the field till he had too, and "gee" could you roll out or perhaps run a draw play since SC blitzed every down.

3. SC game plan pretty obvious get to Henne before Mannigham,Arrington or Breaston could get open.

4. Jarret is the man and is on his way to the NFL.

5. I was extremely impressed with USC tonight looked like a total different team than UCLA.

6. You have to question whether this is a reflection of the Big Ten or is a reflection of Michigan?????

7. Pete Carrol is a master of pupets no doubt and pulled Carr's strings all day.

8. How long can Michigan Alumni put up with losing every year to OSU and their Bowl game??

9. OSU vs Florida IS going to be closer than most people think. Spread offense and speed defense something OSU will need to adjust too. Tress is no Lloyd do not make that mistake.

10. I still think OSU wins...OSU 34 and Florida 28. OSU defense pulls it out in Glendale with a late turnover.

IN TRESS WE TRUST.

I'LL ADMIT IT, LOOKS LIKE THE VOTERS GOT IT RIGHT BY PUTTING FLORIDA IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Edited by sacosud