[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan vs USC

theeohiostate

Your probably right. UCLA is more in USC's class since they punked them. I guess that makes FSU in USC's class also since they punked UCLA 44-27 :D

you guys have no idea what goes on in the Big 10, so please don't keep up the dumbass. remarks, it only shows how clueless you are. Carr was, is and has always been thinking OSU. TEN wins against USC doesn't mean anything against another loss at the hands of the World Beating Bucks. His consistent pressure to win a game over the past 4 seasons against the Bucks has translated into 4 straight bowl losses.

I just didn't create this fact, it's not in question, it's a true statement. Michigan got punked by USC and they'd have lost today against SanDiego St too, doesn't matter who they play in the bowls after a OSU loss...............THEY JUST LOSE.

Really, is this the first time your aware of this fact? :D

not only are you a moron - yer flat out annoying. Mich had all the incentive in the world to show up and win - it is the effin Rose Bowl! USC of the 2 would have had less incentive- you make zero snense.

Gee, you ever think Mich under Carr has followed up losses to OSU with losses in there bowl games because..... they haven't been very good???

They were dominated on both sides of the ball. period.end of story.

If I were you I would start wondering a little more abour Florida after the 2nd best team in your league gott dummied like that. USC had many tougher, more physical games in the Pac this year

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6. You have to question whether this is a reflection of the Big Ten or is a reflection of Michigan?????

I think it's a reflection that Lloyd Carr can't properly motivate his players in big games.

Mich had all the incentive in the world to show up and win - it is the effin Rose Bowl! USC of the 2 would have had less incentive-

Your wrong AGAIN!

USC knew they had no shot at the title, cause they lost. Michigan , unfairly got jumped by an average SEC team by simply not playing. Michigan mailed it in, because Carr didn't have another chance to impress the boosters with a win against the Bucks for the NC. The Rose Bowl means far less to Michigan, it's fans and Carr...................Are you that freakin' stupid?

I think it's a reflection that Lloyd Carr can't properly motivate his players in big games.

If this is true, and if Carr can't get his players to play after losing to OSU, why was everyone clamoring for Michigan to play in the NC game?

6. You have to question whether this is a reflection of the Big Ten or is a reflection of Michigan?????

If it's a reflection of the Big 10, then it's an indictment of the SEC, considering the Big 10 just took out the SEC's #2 team and went 2-0 against them in bowls.

I'm much less worried about Florida, then when the day began. The SEC looks like a bunch of solid teams, with nothing outstanding there.

OSU 34

Florida 10

If this is true, and if Carr can't get his players to play after losing to OSU, why was everyone clamoring for Michigan to play in the NC game?

It would have been against OSU and another chance for Carr to save face with the boosters and AD. No doubt a rematch would have been much better then what we'll see from Florida.

If it's a reflection of the Big 10, then it's an indictment of the SEC, considering the Big 10 just took out the SEC's #2 team and went 2-0 against them in bowls.

I'm much less worried about Florida, then when the day began. The SEC looks like a bunch of solid teams, with nothing outstanding there.

OSU 34

Florida 10

Again, I'll take Florida and 23--if you're serious.

People are idiots, Steve. You know this.

(this isn't to say that there wasn't a legit argument to have a rematch - it was basically that after Michigan lost, there was no team distinguishing itself as the clear #2, and UM remained in the mix)

Your wrong AGAIN!

USC knew they had no shot at the title, cause they lost. Michigan , unfairly got jumped by an average SEC team by simply not playing. Michigan mailed it in, because Carr didn't have another chance to impress the boosters with a win against the Bucks for the NC. The Rose Bowl means far less to Michigan, it's fans and Carr...................Are you that freakin' stupid?

You are delusional. really you are. You Big 10 apologists are morons if you honestly think Mich and carr were not motivated to win this game. Outcoached - yep, lacking in game adjustments, yep. Being outclassed and dominated on both side of the football. YEP.

Save these lame "Motivation" excuses, seriously. It is painfully obvious to any Michigan, Big 10 fan that Mich has a long way to go to catch USC, and as long as Carroll is there, they never will......................

big difference between Big 10 speed and Pac 10 speed

People are idiots, Steve. You know this.

(this isn't to say that there wasn't a legit argument to have a rematch - it was basically that after Michigan lost, there was no team distinguishing itself as the clear #2, and UM remained in the mix)

I simply feel that the mark of a great team is one that can get up and play no matter the situation. Now, Michigan is playing in the Rose Bowl, on national television, against one of the great programs in NCAA history and the comments are that Michigan essentially didn't care about the game. If that is really true, it's very sad for Michigan. In addition, if that is true, no way would I support Carr is I was a Michigan fan.

I simply feel that the mark of a great team is one that can get up and play no matter the situation. Now, Michigan is playing in the Rose Bowl, on national television, against one of the great programs in NCAA history and the comments are that Michigan essentially didn't care about the game. If that is really true, it's very sad for Michigan. In addition, if that is true, no way would I support Carr is I was a Michigan fan.

You seem to be getting it, unlike some others in this thread.

:D

You need 23 points for confindence.

No. I don't know who will win this game. As I posted previously, I have not seen Ohio State play this year. Obviously, Ohio State is a good team. However, I do not believe any college team in this country can beat Florida by 23. You posted that you thought Ohio State would win by 24. I simply thought that if you really believed this, I would take 23 points and collect my money.

If some Michigan fans could chime in, i'm sure they'd agree, the movement to get rid of Carr began last season after the OSU loss followed by the NU loss in the Alamo, for their 3rd back to back OSU and Bowl loss. I have no doubt where Carr's mind is, and it's clear his players sense it as well.

Edited by theeohiostate

You are delusional. really you are. You Big 10 apologists are morons if you honestly think Mich and carr were not motivated to win this game. Outcoached - yep, lacking in game adjustments, yep. Being outclassed and dominated on both side of the football. YEP.

Save these lame "Motivation" excuses, seriously. It is painfully obvious to any Michigan, Big 10 fan that Mich has a long way to go to catch USC, and as long as Carroll is there, they never will......................

big difference between Big 10 speed and Pac 10 speed

I am not a moron wildcat, btw, as usual, USC carrying the Pac 10 again. What a surprise. It's not a surprise to me that USC wins. They are a great team. It's the rest of the Pac 10 that isn't that great. I give USC all the credit in the world.

More accurately, the big difference between Michigan and USC is coaching.

What is it with you midest folk...... you seriously believe Mich lost to USC because of coaching?? :D

nothing to do with USC having more talented players, and dominating at every position on the football field except QB?

ridiculous.

What is it with you midest folk...... you seriously believe Mich lost to USC because of coaching?? :D

nothing to do with USC having more talented players, and dominating at every position on the football field except QB?

ridiculous.

I'm sorry, why are you being defensive for us calling Pete Carroll a great coach? WOW! You're telling me that USC didn't outcoach, outplay, and outclass Michigan today? I'm sorry I thought you were a Pac 10 homer. What?

USC having more talented players,ridiculous.

Yep, PAC 10 has all the speed and all the talent, us midwestern folks are left with losers like Heisman winner Troy Smith. These no talent, slow athletes out East may prevent us from being competitive.

Edited by theeohiostate

ridiculous.

Michigan is hardly a collection of overachieving stiffs - they have studs at DL, OL, LB, DB, RB, and WR.

But I have to agree that USC the past 5 or 6 years has been one step short of an NFL team. Of course, having talent and properly utilizing it are two different things - USC could win 7-8 games a year on talent alone, but having Carroll on the sidelines puts them into the upper echelon. Much like Tressell does at OSU.

I am not a moron wildcat, btw, as usual, USC carrying the Pac 10 again. What a surprise. It's not a surprise to me that USC wins. They are a great team. It's the rest of the Pac 10 that isn't that great. I give USC all the credit in the world.

I agree - most years USC has carried the league, this year it was deeper.

I think you have a realistic outlook, most of the time - not lumping you in with TOS, who has to be hitting the hard stuff today.

The Big 10 bounced back nicely, and the Pac 10 ends up 3-3.

I dunno, as great as USC is, the only real tough games came in conference from Pavc 10 teams, that says alot to me.

USC domninates the country, and has tougher physical games in conference-

Michigan is hardly a collection of overachieving stiffs - they have studs at DL, OL, LB, DB, RB, and WR.

But I have to agree that USC the past 5 or 6 years has been one step short of an NFL team. Of course, having talent and properly utilizing it are two different things - USC could win 7-8 games a year on talent alone, but having Carroll on the sidelines puts them into the upper echelon. Much like Tressell does at OSU.

Exactly. How often do you see it? A program gets a coach who isn't stupid, and he immediately starts winning. Look at Florida. People can call Ron Zook a lot of things, but a bad recruiter is not one of them. The problem is he's an idiot. Now you get a competent guy like Urban Meyer in there, with that raw talent already assembled, and all of the sudden, you have a team playing in the national championship game within 2 years. Look at Brady Quinn? Before Charlie Weis came around, he was a very VERY average QB. A little coaching, and he's a lock to be a first rounder in next years draft.

Yep, PAC 10 has all the speed and all the talent, us midwestern folks are left with losers like Heisman winner Troy Smith. These no talent, slow athletes out East may prevent us from being competitive.

TOS- I think this years OSU team is damn good- I expect them to win the NC- and I really like Troy Smith- I am not a blind Pac 10 guy - but I was surprised by Mich still having a slower, bulkier squad. I thought it would be a tighter game, thought Michigan had closed the gap with USC, and I am sure I wasn't the only one

I agree - most years USC has carried the league, this year it was deeper.

I think you have a realistic outlook, most of the time - not lumping you in with TOS, who has to be hitting the hard stuff today.

The Big 10 bounced back nicely, and the Pac 10 ends up 3-3.

I dunno, as great as USC is, the only real tough games came in conference from Pavc 10 teams, that says alot to me.

USC domninates the country, and has tougher physical games in conference-

I agree, but it should be that way. These coaches see USC year in and year out. They know what to expect with them, and are better prepared. Anytime a program like USC gets on the type of run they are on, they will typically do better against OOC opponents. You can't deny though, that Michigan laid an egg today. USC may have forced that egg out of them, but Michigan didn't exactly do themselves any favors with the offensive playcalling.

I mean Herbstreit and Davie pointed it out, all Michigan had in there playbook was a zone blocking scheme, which really is 2 different running plays. You're playing one of the fastest defenses in the country, and they are blowing right through the zone blocking, lets try to change up the strategy a little bit. Mis-direction runs, iso's... anything, just change it up. And Lou Holtz pointed it out on the post game scoreboard show, how Michigan was throwing from the same spot every time... against a defense that is terrorizing your pretty immobile QB. Roll him out once in awhile. keep the d off balance. You have playmakers at receivers, use them.

Contrary, USC did keep Michigans d off balance. And Dwayne JArrett was open all night long. He's a classless thug, but he's a talented classless thug. The Michigan secondary was completely undisciplined, and USC just picked them apart.