[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LSU vs ND

theeohiostate

Must win game for the SEC Wednesday.

Notre Dame, the only BCS bowl team that did nothing to earn a BCS appearance , other then being Notre Dame has been pummeled by Michigan at home 21-47 and to USC on the road 24-44.

If LSU wants to save face for the disappointing loses by their other "big" teams, the must AT LEAST beat this team by 14 points, just to prove they are in the class of Michigan and USC.

I picked ND to start the Bowl season and have not waivered my decision, especially considering what the Big 10 did to the SEC yesterday.

A close game by anyone's standard is a loss here in the eyes of America for LSU. ND didn't deserve a bid, but here they are.

ND 34

LSU 31

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A close game by anyone's standard is a loss here in the eyes of America for LSU.

Acually, I think you sort of corner the market on teams losing games despite scoring more than the opponent.

I expect LSU to win in a somewhat convincing fashion but crazy things do happen. At the end of the day, all a team needs to do is end up with more points than the other. If they do that, they win the game. It's actually quite simple.

ND may overrated but it's not like they're D-II or anything.

Edited by detlef

Acually, I think you sort of corner the market on teams losing games despite scoring more than the opponent.

IF LSU doesn't flat out PUNK this team, then it just confirms to me and everyone in the nation, except a few blindass homers that the SEC is full of solid teams, but none of which are capable this season of beating any of the BIG DAWGS. :D

I'll take LSU by at least 10, so maybe 31-21 - and I'm being pessimistic/safe. The slow ND corners will get burned by LSU passes all night, and the quick LSU D should pummel BQuinn all night. If not, LSU did not game plan well enough and deserve to get beat....

A close game by anyone's standard is a loss here in the eyes of America for LSU. ND didn't deserve a bid, but here they are.

ND 34

LSU 31

the more posts you make, the more I am convinced yer an absolute moron. IF ND happens to step up and play well, and LSU beats em in a well played, close game - it is a loss in the eyes of America???

:D - such nonsense, I don't even know where to start.

It is football, things happen, teams step up an play well, breaks can change the complexion of a game in a second. I think LSU is the better team, and beats the Irish 27- 17

So, if OSU squeaks by Florida 31-30 is that a "Loss in the eyes of America"

So, if OSU squeaks by Florida 31-30 is that a "Loss in the eyes of America"

I don't know about America in that case, as i'm too close to the Bucks. BUT, if OSU only takes Florida by a point, i will view their season differntly without a doubt and not regard them as highly in the least.

I don't know about America in that case, as i'm too close to the Bucks. BUT, if OSU only takes Florida by a point, i will view their season differntly without a doubt and not regard them as highly in the least.

Will you still think they are better than Wisconsin or Boise State?

Edited by Rockerbraves

Will you still think they are better than Wisconsin or Boise State?

Well that all depends. He may count a narrow victory by OSU as a loss, thus making BSU the only undefeated team in the land and thus, National Champ. Of course, winning by going for two in the first OT may not actually count as winning either. Damn it all, it's just so confusing!

Well that all depends. He may count a narrow victory by OSU as a loss, thus making BSU the only undefeated team in the land and thus, National Champ. Of course, winning by going for two in the first OT may not actually count as winning either. Damn it all, it's just so confusing!

nice to see you twist Sarge's post with mine.

Clueless!

Oh Les, you are so tough.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls06/news/story?id=2718717

Source: LSU players suspended for missing curfewBy Mark Schlabach

ESPN.com

NEW ORLEANS -- LSU is expected to be without two of its key players and two backups for at least the first quarter of Wednesday night's game against No. 11 Notre Dame in the Allstate Sugar Bowl at the Louisiana Superdome.

Tigers coach Les Miles suspended starting strong safety Jessie Daniels, running back/kick returner Trindon Holliday and backup linebackers Perry Riley and Kelvin Sheppard for missing curfew this week in New Orleans, an LSU official familiar with the situation said Wednesday.

An LSU official said Miles hasn't determined the length of the suspensions -- whether they will cover the first quarter, first half or entire game -- and has afforded the players ways to shorten their suspensions.

"We did have some players who violated team rules and their playing time will be affected accordingly," said LSU sports information director Michael Bonnette, who declined to identify the suspended players or the nature of their violations. "The violations were very minor in nature, but in the framework of the team they were significant."

Daniels, a senior from Breaux Bridge, La., has started the last 34 games he has played for the No. 4 Tigers, including 11 this season. He is fifth on the team with 46 tackles. Daniels would be replaced in the starting lineup by junior Craig Steltz, who had 39 tackles and a team-high four interceptions.

Holliday, a freshman from Zachary, La., emerged as one of the country's most dynamic kick returners late in the season. He had a 92-yard kickoff return for a touchdown in the fourth quarter of LSU's 31-26 win at Arkansas on Nov. 24. Holliday averages 32.4 yards on five kickoff returns and has run 13 times for 161 yards and one touchdown.

Riley, a freshman from Ellenwood, Ga., is a backup outside linebacker who had four tackles in seven games. Sheppard, a freshman from Stone Mountain, Ga., isn't listed on the team's two-deep depth chart.

Lets just say this POS will rethink how long they sit, determined on the score of the game. What a F'n joke. Either let them play or sit them out the whole game, this 1st quarter crap is usual queer sh*t from les Miles and LSU.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

What's the over under on TOSU pissing and moaning about ND being a) horrible, :D giving the game away, and c) raising the bar on how much LSU needs to win by to count as a win?

I'm setting it at 45 and if you're smart you take the over.

If you want to add d) reminding us all that the game is a "home game" for LSU, you need to change that line to 80.

Edited by detlef