[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Saints have already won

rajncajn

All the past years' turmoil aside, very few, even many of the the Saints faithful, gave them any glimmer of being a winning team this year. Most pundits had the Saints finishing last in the division and many said they would have a hard time beating their 3-13 record last season. Even up to the Dallas game when the Saints were 8-4, way better than the previous year I might add, the Saints were given little credit by the general media and were nothing more than a "good story". I had hopes as I do every season, but my hopes consisted of wildcard dreams and the future. I'm glad to say though, the future is right now! I can't say that the Saints will go any further in the playoffs than the second game. The words Superbowl still creep from my lips with equal hesitation & anticipation all-the-while being certain there is wood to knock on nearby. I've grown up with the ever-stumbling Saints. I've cheered the Saints with my family and friends for as long as I can remember regardless of their ineptitude over the years & always tried my best to find the bright spots every season. Every year I came back for more with a renewed hope that a new season would bring a different attitude for the Saints. A couple of weeks ago I got a PM from another Saints hopeful. It was titled "I'm afraid to say it". My reply was that even in the Mora years and the Dome Patrol I never really expected the Saints to win in the playoffs. I was of course overjoyed with their success, but the Superbowl was something that still seemed unattainable to me. But now, with this team and this coach it's different. For the first time in my life as a Saints fan I really feel like we have a shot. I really feel like we can not only make it to the Superbowl, but I feel like we can compete and win against any team on the field. The funny thing is though, regardless of the outcome this year The Saints have already won in my eyes. Finally, after all these years of getting our faith crushed we have a team that we can call a winner and finally, truly & proudly call ourselves Saints fans without some boneheads in the background snickering at us and that's not going away any time soon.

At long last this is our year...

The SAINTS ARE COMING!

All the past years' turmoil aside, very few, even many of the the Saints faithful, gave them any glimmer of being a winning team this year. Most pundits had the Saints finishing last in the division and many said they would have a hard time beating their 3-13 record last season. Even up to the Dallas game when the Saints were 8-4, way better than the previous year I might add, the Saints were given little credit by the general media and were nothing more than a "good story". I had hopes as I do every season, but my hopes consisted of wildcard dreams and the future. I'm glad to say though, the future is right now! I can't say that the Saints will go any further in the playoffs than the second game. The words Superbowl still creep from my lips with equal hesitation & anticipation all-the-while being certain there is wood to knock on nearby. I've grown up with the ever-stumbling Saints. I've cheered the Saints with my family and friends for as long as I can remember regardless of their ineptitude over the years & always tried my best to find the bright spots every season. Every year I came back for more with a renewed hope that a new season would bring a different attitude for the Saints. A couple of weeks ago I got a PM from another Saints hopeful. It was titled "I'm afraid to say it". My reply was that even in the Mora years and the Dome Patrol I never really expected the Saints to win in the playoffs. I was of course overjoyed with their success, but the Superbowl was something that still seemed unattainable to me. But now, with this team and this coach it's different. For the first time in my life as a Saints fan I really feel like we have a shot. I really feel like we can not only make it to the Superbowl, but I feel like we can compete and win against any team on the field. The funny thing is though, regardless of the outcome this year The Saints have already won in my eyes. Finally, after all these years of getting our faith crushed we have a team that we can call a winner and finally, truly & proudly call ourselves Saints fans without some boneheads in the background snickering at us and that's not going away any time soon.

At long last this is our year...

The SAINTS ARE COMING!

:D Brother I could not said it any better. Its still hard for me think about the possibility of the superbowl, but why not us. The game Sunday was one of the best games I have ever been too. I know that the game had no meaning but the atmosphere in the dome was like none I have ever seen. Lets go Saints....

Enjoy the division crown and the 1st round bye, as I think it will be awhile before 10-6 get's another 1st round bye......then again, this is the NFC :D

The record would have been 11-5..... :D

2nd & 3rd players

Edited by neilfish2

We could have been 11-5 if it had warranted it. :D

The record whould have been 11-5..... :D

2nd & 3rd players

Perhaps..perhaps..we will never know. However, enjoy the ride, I know that it hit me hard today.....8-8, no PO's....Here it it 1/2/07 and I want 07 season here and now!!!!!! Go Get'em fellas!!

Edited by PantherDave

PantherDave, I must say the the Panther fans were a joy to be around this past Sunday. They for other words " knew their role" because they were going home, but they were happy to win the game. So after the game we all went to Bourbon St and brought in the New Year. Hats off to the fans of Carolina, a real class act.... :D

Edited by neilfish2

PantherDave, I must say the the Panther fans were a joy to be around this past Sunday. They for other words " knew their role" because they were going home, but they were happy to win the game. So after the game we all went to Bourbon St and brought in the New Year. Hat off to the fans of Carolina, a real class act.... :D

thats great to hear :D

You can say something similar about the Eagles. Everyone had them as last in the NFC East. Then they went 4-1. They started playing bad and then McNabb went down. Plus they were coming into the hardest part of their schedule. For the Eagles to be where they are is amazing so anything from now on is just gravy. It bothers me how a lot of people are picking them to go to the SB though. I would rather see everyone picking against them.

um Carolina spanked your ass already once, there is lil doubt they would have done it again.

Sarge is wise....at times :D , but guy's......10 wins was enough this year, as the #2 seed was wrapped up before KO, so, as I said, even in the NFC, 10 wins is cheap for the #2 seed and a 1st round bye.

um Carolina spanked your ass already once, there is lil doubt they would have done it again.

A 21-18 loss (after leading 10-7 midway into the 4th quarter) is a spanking ? No, 42-17 is a spanking.

And Sgt. Dumb**s...the Eagles-Cowboys sigline bet was for 10 days...."Sooner Nation" sure doesn't look like "DALLAS SUCKS" to me.

Nice to see you followed through on the wager, you freakin' lackey.

You know the comeback already, no need to post it. Good cast though, you at least hooked Cordo with that one. :D

I'll definately look forward to another possible Saints/Big D matchup. It'd be a game fitting for the playoffs with all the sidebar you could possibly ask for. :D

Edited by rajncajn

I have a Lil doubt...

Good post rajin. I have never seen a Saints team that was so confident. It goes to the Coach if you ask me. Payton believes he can beat anyone and it trickles down. When you say that most picked the Saints to finish in the bottom of the NFCS, I have to say that I noticed in the preseason how alot of radio personailites talked about how the NFCS was going to be tough..."You have Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa..." they would never even mention the Saints. Not that I'm saying they should have been mentioned as tough...but they acted as if the Saints did not exist and not mention their name at all.

I have a Lil doubt...

Good post rajin. I have never seen a Saints team that was so confident. It goes to the Coach if you ask me. Payton believes he can beat anyone and it trickles down. When you say that most picked the Saints to finish in the bottom of the NFCS, I have to say that I noticed in the preseason how alot of radio personailites talked about how the NFCS was going to be tough..."You have Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa..." they would never even mention the Saints. Not that I'm saying they should have been mentioned as tough...but they acted as if the Saints did not exist and not mention their name at all.

Half way into the season when the Saints were alreadly leading the division they were still talking the same way. :D

Thought about doing a similar post with this being uncharted territory for Saint fans to actually have a bye in the playoffs and how it is being handled by fans. Not to many people are talking past the next game as most expect the Eagles to paying a visit to our city for what may turn out to make the crowd at the Falcon game look like a children's party. there is excitement slowly building and confidence that fans have not had before that is a direct result of Payton.

Maybe after 40 yrs the curse has been lifted(i have my ideas) we get an actual coach, Bush drops to us, and we make the playoffs when we least expect it.

And yes I was raised on the Saints. Was in the end zone that John Gilliam caught the ball to begin our history and have been waiting ever since.

IF and that is a big if the Saints make it to the CC game it will rival Mardi Gras. If they go to the big show it will surpass MG. Just talking about local partying, not the crowd and visitors.

yes RC they are already winners this year and hopefully a few to come.

and to all you Saint haters and disbelievers :D

Nsab,M-11, and Swami be thinking of what you want to bet this time if you make it. :D

Nice post rajn. I think we all agree that win or lose the season has been a success. But we also all know that opportunity's like this one don't come knocking every year. Here's to the Saints making the most of this opportunity!

I think one of the best things I've seen with this team is I don't have to read any garbage in the press each week about them whining, arguing, complaining, bickering or getting into any off-field trouble like in years past. This team has been all business and for that I thank you Sean Payton.