[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best draft pick of the year

stokers

For me, it was getting Brian Westbrook with the 20th overall pick (took LJ at #1) while running backs I really didn't want as much were going in the first 19 picks. I was prepared to take 2 stud WR's with picks #20 and #21 w/ only a faint hope Westy would be there at #20. Westbrook really carried my squad a handful of weeks and always contributed and had the best week of anyone when I won our championship game in week #15.

Edited by Deacon Frost

Most people will not believe me when saying this, but I had a feeling on M Colston in our draft. We drafted 5 days before the season started. I took Colston with my very last pick (16 rounds).

Unfortunately the rest of my team went south fast. Here were my top 5 picks:

L Jordan in the 1st round,

L Fitzgerald in the 2nd,

R Moss in the 3rd,

K Jones in the 4th, and

D McNabb in the 5th.

However, I was able to snag A Johnson in the 8th round. That was a pretty good pick IMO. But each one of my top 5 picks either ended up on IR, or lost considerable time with an injury.

Most people will not believe me when saying this, but I had a feeling on M Colston in our draft. We drafted 5 days before the season started. I took Colston with my very last pick (16 rounds).

Unfortunately the rest of my team went south fast. Here were my top 5 picks:

L Jordan in the 1st round,

L Fitzgerald in the 2nd,

R Moss in the 3rd,

K Jones in the 4th, and

D McNabb in the 5th.

However, I was able to snag A Johnson in the 8th round. That was a pretty good pick IMO. But each one of my top 5 picks either ended up on IR, or lost considerable time with an injury.

You are the ONLY person I know of who drafted COLSTON....good job !!! :D

My draft sucked! However, I was still able to make the playoffs and won the championship through free agent pick ups and trades. In hindsight, I guess the Vikings defense w/ my 15th round pick was my best (but I then dropped them). Shows you if you're lucky enough to make the playoffs, any team can get hot and have everything fall right for you to win but you have to make waiver moves and trades to get there (if you blew your draft).

Original Team through draft vs who was replaced (ppr league, 5th pick):

1) T. Barber- Kept

2) T. Owens- Kept

3) A. Gates- Kept

4) C. Taylor- Kept

5) D. Mason- Traded for Fitzgerald

6) R. Smith- Traded for Fitzgerald

7) C. Benson- Kept

8) Panthers- dropped for Chiefs

9) Favre- Kept

10) Jacobs- dropped for R. Dayne

11) Plummer- dropped for Leinart

12) S. Graham- Kept

13) Michael Clayton- dropped for Cotchery

14) R. Caldwell- dropped for G. Jennings

15) Vikes Defense- dropped for Packers

16) Z. Hilton- dropped for Wrightster

17) Janikowski- dropped for Rayner

Now that the FF season is done, who was your best or most surprising draft pick?

I picked Frank Gore in the 17th round and Barber III in the 21st round.

(I was in a league that drafted defensive players.)

That's crazy. Your league mates are :D

You and your son play in BS leagues. No offense of course. :D

So I guess there's a lot of people who play in BS leagues? He was on average about a 6th or 7th round pick. He went in the 9th in my league. I didnt take him, for like everyone else I didn't think that a San Fran RB with a 2nd year QB, mediocre o-line, and no WR's, would be that dangerous on offense.

And Broncosn05, where are your Bronco's this week? Oh yeah.. I almost forgot.. They LOST when it counted last week..

So I guess there's a lot of people who play in BS leagues? He was on average about a 6th or 7th round pick. He went in the 9th in my league. I didnt take him, for like everyone else I didn't think that a San Fran RB with a 2nd year QB, mediocre o-line, and no WR's, would be that dangerous on offense.

And Broncosn05, where are your Bronco's this week? Oh yeah.. I almost forgot.. They LOST when it counted last week..

WHOAAAAA !!!! Gotta love it !! :D

I took Tiki at 6 and then got Westbrook at #19 overall. Westbrook carried the load as my #1 RB this year, as my league give 1/2 pt for recepts.

BTW, our league ended week 16, so I did not get Tiki's big points in week 17. Thanks for nothing this year Tiki. Please retire and go away.

Go Eagles today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by KUBJPO01

If you wanted to criticize our missing of the playoffs last week was it.

Yes if someone in your league just looked at what Gore did at the end of last year and the addition of Norv Turner (a coach who only uses one back) he would've been a pretty good pick. Not to mention the addition of the ancient Larry Allen who proved to be the core of that O-Line and Nolan drafted Gore and Barlow never produced. Yeah if you can pick a RB like that in the 11 round, it's a BS league.

Edited by broncosn05

I just happened to be on ESPN before my 17th pick came around, and it was repoted that Barlow was sent to the Jets. I drafted Gore, then made a comment that he'll be big for me this year. Never knew that he would be that big. I'm not in a BS league, these guys have been playing for years. Coming into the '06 season, everyone thought that SF would be pure crap. Turned out that everyone was wrong, at least with Gore.