[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which RB's to keep ?

The Outfit

I'm in a td and yardage league. Rb's are very heavy in our 12 team league. Which of the following 4 would you keep ???

S.Jackson- No Brainer

D.McCallister- R.Busch ??????

T.Bell- Who starts in Den ?

L.Maroney-future starter

J.Norwood-future starter

DeAngelo Williams- starter/injuries ??????

Thanks

I'd probably go with Maroney and Norwood.

McAllister was productive, but I see Bush getting a bigger piece of the pie as time goes by; Shanny seemed to want to replace T Bell but couldn't find anyone better; D Williams may or may not be the horse in Car, but Fox seems to have this bizarre fascination with Foster.

Maroney and Norwood are RBBC guys as well, but rumor in Atl is Dunn may be out next year, and Corey Dillon has age and a lot of carries working against him. Both could end up being the clear-cut #1 by the beginning of next season.

I think you said four -- I agree with SJax, Maroney, and Norwood. I'd probably also keep Deuce -- he had a great year, and they like moving Reggie Bush around to different spots and seem to have enough offense for the two of them.

I would not take ANY Denver back as long as Shanahan is coaching (unless it's a superstud who you know he'll play); I also would be concerned about D. Williams' playing time, since no matter how well he played this year they also put D. Foster back in.

1. Steven Jackson- top 5 back for a good while.

2. Laurence Maroney- should gets more carries next year as Dillon's career is winding down. Definite full-time starter after 2007 and could end up being the primary ball carrier next season.. Should put up good enough numbers in 2007 to be a RB2.

3.DeAngelo Williams- Foster is clearly NOT the answer in Carolina thus the reason for drafting Williams. I'm speculating he'll be the starter from day one next season.

4. Jerious Norwood- Vick(1000+ yds. rushing in 2006),Dunn is 32 yrs. old but had 286 carries last year. Norwood had 99 carries which should increase next year with Dunn being 32. Since Vick and Dunn are running the ball you can't count on Norwood to be anything more than a RB3 unless Dunn suffers an injury. I'd monitor the situation.

5. Tatum Bell- at times he's looked pretty good and other times not. He's still pretty young and may stand a better chance at being a full-time starter on another team. If he stays in Denver I wouldn't keep him. If he goes to another team monitor the situation.

After looking things over again if you have the opportunity to keep Reggie Bush by all means DO as he jumps right up to#2 in my rankings of the players listed. I still think Deuce will be with the Saints next year but after the 2007 season it's gonna be all Bush. Brees will be happy as he'll have LT3 on his team. It'll be a couple of years but Reggie's gonna draw comparison's to LT.Look for Bush to have at least 2 passing td's next year.

Edited by DocNiner52

1. Steven Jackson- top 5 back for a good while.

2. Laurence Maroney- should gets more carries next year as Dillon's career is winding down. Definite full-time starter after 2007 and could end up being the primary ball carrier next season.. Should put up good enough numbers in 2007 to be a RB2.

3.DeAngelo Williams- Foster is clearly NOT the answer in Carolina thus the reason for drafting Williams. I'm speculating he'll be the starter from day one next season.

4. Jerious Norwood- Vick(1000+ yds. rushing in 2006),Dunn is 32 yrs. old but had 286 carries last year. Norwood had 99 carries which should increase next year with Dunn being 32. Since Vick and Dunn are running the ball you can't count on Norwood to be anything more than a RB3 unless Dunn suffers an injury. I'd monitor the situation.

5. Tatum Bell- at times he's looked pretty good and other times not. He's still pretty young and may stand a better chance at being a full-time starter on another team. If he stays in Denver I wouldn't keep him. If he goes to another team monitor the situation.

I agree with Doc completely. i rate maroney and deangelo much higher than the other two

Well, just to make it even more difficult, I'm going to go against the grain and suggest that you keep both McAllister AND Bush. If McAllister had this good of a year coming off knee surgery, imagine what he'll do next year. Also, if either Deuce or Bush miss time, you've got a bona fide stud in the other runner.

For your fourth keeper, I would go with Maroney. Norwood looks like he could be a future stud as well, but we don't know who will be coaching the Falcons, what kind of offense that coach will implement, or what Dunn's status will be.

Bell's had plenty of chances to become the featured back and hasn't been able to hold onto the job, and I'm just not sold on Williams.

Tomfin -- I think you agreed with me (a few posts up), except I don't think Bush was a choice -- I think the Outfit was just listed Reggie's name as a comment next to Deuce.

I think even in a keeper league, for a running back you don't want to look more than a year or two ahead because there are so many variables...