[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys / Seahawks game thread

whomper

I have never really felt shock before, but I believe I feel it now.

Unreal outcome to a game where Dallas did everything they needed to do to win, and the Seahawks had everything happen that no one could possibly conceive of to make the final difference.

Every post-season seems to have a miracle game that a team rides into the Super Bowl. Is this the one for the Seahawks?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D We shall see, Skywalker! And I like this scenario also! No Caro repeat, just Da Bears knokin' snot out of the Hawks! :bash::tup:

Bears? Dominate the Seahawks? During the regular season they barely ( :D ) dominated the Seahawks when they played against eachother. Although, we didn't have Shaun Alexander playing during that game due to his Madden timeout. All we need from SA is another great performance like this evening (2.0 YPC average), only he'll be going up against a top-notch defense with the Bears.

This is where the big game changer follows the Seahawks...

Fourth quarter, one minute left to play. Bears down by 2 against the 'Hawks, 45 seconds left to play and on the Seahawks 45 yard line. Grossman takes the snap, steps back... and he's got pressure! Grossman scrambles to the left, pumps, and then Romo's the ball right into the hands of Peterson! Seahawks head to the NFC Conference Championship game. Lose to the Saints. Reggie Bush makes an 80 yard last second of the game rush to win the Super Bowl, only to become the Super Bowl MVP, and future Hall of Famer all in his rookie season -- a legend for the Saints, and the city of New Orleans.

Okay, I might have went off track a little bit with the whole prediction. To be perfectly honest, the Seahawks have a very tough road ahead to make it back to the Super Bowl, and I'm not so sure they can do it on the road. The Bears and Saints have looked better, and on a more consistent basis, this whole season and probably stand as a greater opponent to stop the Seahawks. The Saints more likely are the best team in the NFC, and are my prediction for the NFC Super Bowl contender. But, if the Seahawks actually play a great game with some consistency, they can be one of the best teams in the NFL.

Oh yeah. And I love the playoffs. :clap: I can't wait 'till the Niners get back into true 49er shape. The next best team for sure.

:doh:

Unreal outcome to a game where Dallas did everything they needed to do to win, and the Seahawks had everything happen that no one could possibly conceive of to make the final difference.

i don't know about that. some surreal circumstances at the end of the game, but on balance i thought seattle played a little better than dallas did. though neither team looked very formidable at all, so probably neither team really "deserved" to win.

i don't know about that. some surreal circumstances at the end of the game, but on balance i thought seattle played a little better than dallas did. though neither team looked very formidable at all, so probably neither team really "deserved" to win.

I just mean Dallas ran the football real well in the 4th quarter, they got big plays on defense and special teams, and only had one real costly mistake on offense (Glenn's fumble) fhat was more flukey than anything else. Those are the major keys to victory for any team.

Seattle played a good enough game obviously, but it took a couple of huge breaks created seemingly by karma for them to come out on top.

I just mean Dallas ran the football real well in the 4th quarter, they got big plays on defense and special teams, and only had one real costly mistake on offense (Glenn's fumble) fhat was more flukey than anything else. Those are the major keys to victory for any team.

Seattle played a good enough game obviously, but it took a couple of huge breaks created seemingly by karma for them to come out on top.

Karma. What an interesting choice of words. I've seen this word fly around a lot tonight after the game to describe the Seahawks victory, and only one thing comes to mind as to why someone would use this word with the Seahawks. :D:D Why didn't Karma will the Colts into stopping the run against one of the best rushing teams in the league. That seemed pretty crazy to me that such an amazing player such as Larry Johnson would lay an egg against the worst rush-stopping defense in the league, especially in the playoffs.

...karma. :bash:

Karma. What an interesting choice of words. I've seen this word fly around a lot tonight after the game to describe the Seahawks victory, and only one thing comes to mind as to why someone would use this word with the Seahawks. :D:D Why didn't Karma will the Colts into stopping the run against one of the best rushing teams in the league. That seemed pretty crazy to me that such an amazing player such as Larry Johnson would lay an egg against the worst rush-stopping defense in the league, especially in the playoffs.

...karma. :bash:

The Colts at least have Bob Sanders and an inept offensive game plan to explain their performance.

You can't do that with a safety and a missed FG.

The Colts at least have Bob Sanders and an inept offensive game plan to explain their performance.

You can't do that with a safety and a missed FG.

Oh I know that. I just think that when you use the word "karma", you are insinuating the idea that with bad luck and good intentions, good luck will balance what is just. Maybe I went to deep with the concept. :D

Just got home from the game, hoarse with a monster headache. I'm speechless. I thought the building was going to collapse at one point. I feel really bad for Tony Romo. He impressed me a lot today until the debacle. This game should have come down to Seattle with a 1:14 on the clock having to drive for a potential game-winning field goal.

My seats were just about on the goal line, and I can say with certainty that Jason Witten didn't get anywhere near the 1 yard line. The point where they gave him the first down was the most animated I got during the whole game.

Pretty gutty game out of Hasselbeck. While he clearly missed his #1 receiver, he made some very big throws when he needed em'. I just love that guy.

Shaun needs to run somebody over if he wants to have positive yards against Chicago. Dancin' ain't gonna work.

We don't call him "Big Play Babs" for nothin'! I actually owe the guy $20 from a golf game.

Go play with your kid - this is an NFL playoff thread-, get off my nutz dude, and wiht with the referring BS, stuff- I made a few points- beat it. I call em like I see me -

- I thought Roy stepped on the line- video was not clear enough to be conclusive- so the refs made the correct call-

- Witten was clearly short of the first down, they got it right with the replay. How the eff that ref gave them the automatic 1st down without measuring at the least is a joke.

- Bottom line- 2 not so good ballclubs, Dallas had a chance to win, and didn't . I think the refs got the calls right -

- obviously the correct call on the safety- squids on here saying Glenn didn't have posession need to put the bong down

- no conspiracy with Romo at the end- he clearly didn't make the first down whether it was ruled a fumble or not-

crazy finish

get some new material

Hawks need to get healthy and sharpen up for da Bears

Easy dude, we always going fishing after each other, I was just doing my part. No big deal. :D

Bears? Dominate the Seahawks? During the regular season they barely ( :D ) dominated the Seahawks when they played against eachother. Although, we didn't have Shaun Alexander playing during that game due to his Madden timeout. All we need from SA is another great performance like this evening (2.0 YPC average), only he'll be going up against a top-notch defense with the Bears.

This is where the big game changer follows the Seahawks...

Fourth quarter, one minute left to play. Bears down by 2 against the 'Hawks, 45 seconds left to play and on the Seahawks 45 yard line. Grossman takes the snap, steps back... and he's got pressure! Grossman scrambles to the left, pumps, and then Romo's the ball right into the hands of Peterson! Seahawks head to the NFC Conference Championship game. Lose to the Saints. Reggie Bush makes an 80 yard last second of the game rush to win the Super Bowl, only to become the Super Bowl MVP, and future Hall of Famer all in his rookie season -- a legend for the Saints, and the city of New Orleans.

Okay, I might have went off track a little bit with the whole prediction. To be perfectly honest, the Seahawks have a very tough road ahead to make it back to the Super Bowl, and I'm not so sure they can do it on the road. The Bears and Saints have looked better, and on a more consistent basis, this whole season and probably stand as a greater opponent to stop the Seahawks. The Saints more likely are the best team in the NFC, and are my prediction for the NFC Super Bowl contender. But, if the Seahawks actually play a great game with some consistency, they can be one of the best teams in the NFL.

Oh yeah. And I love the playoffs. :D I can't wait 'till the Niners get back into true 49er shape. The next best team for sure.

:bash:

Just curious, why are you referring to the Seahawks as 'we' ? I thought you were a Niners fan. Not an attack, just a question.

Someone's gettin a breakup text message from Carrie Underwood tonight...

Actually, I heard that she...

-dug her keys into the side of his pretty little souped up 4-wheel drive

-carved her name into his leather seasts

-she took a Louisville Slugger to both headlights

-slashed a whole in all 4 tires

Maybe next time he'll think before he chokes ? :D

Yes, I like country music :D

My initial reaction when I saw Romo run the ball was that he got the first down. But looking at the replay it was clear that he was well short of the 1st down ... hell he was even short of the line of scrimmage.

:D Makes you wonder which NFL QB would've not only gotten the 1st down, but probably scored as well, doesn't it Blitz?

Michael Vick woulda' gotten in.

Why yes, I do believe you're right Easy n Dirty. :D

Cowboys had one real costly mistake on offense (Glenn's fumble) fhat was more flukey than anything else.

Jennings punching the ball out from Glenns arm was NOT a flukey play. That's something taught from Pop Warner level on up. Really, really, really basic individual defensive play.

Now that it was only a safety, is what's flukey and a great break for the Cowboys. If not for a toe being over the line, that was a Seattle TD all the way.

Jennings punching the ball out from Glenns arm was NOT a flukey play. That's something taught from Pop Warner level on up. Really, really, really basic individual defensive play.

Now that it was only a safety, is what's flukey and a great break for the Cowboys. If not for a toe being over the line, that was a Seattle TD all the way.

I think the flukey part was that Glenn slipped and caught himself by putting the ball on the ground and never really put it away before the ball was knocked loose...

BS pass interference call. The booth calling down to get a forward progress call wrong. A $hitty offensive game plan and Roy Williams and Brade James being exposed (AGAIN) for the game winning TD.

The Cowboys weren't winning #6 this season anyways but that was just crap. I'm still pissed off. I predicted a Seahwaks victory and yet everything sucks.

I think the flukey part was that Glenn slipped and caught himself by putting the ball on the ground and never really put it away before the ball was knocked loose...

Please stop looking at the game through blue and silver glasses. The cowboys just aren't that good thats all neither are the seahawks this year either.

Anyway you guys had the greatest receiver every in T.O. right you should have been a shoe in for the superbowl. ha ha karma's a B1!iatch isn't it. You sign the devil (Terrel Owens) this is what they deserve.

Edited by alwaysrocking

BS pass interference call. The booth calling down to get a forward progress call wrong. A $hitty offensive game plan and Roy Williams and Brade James being exposed (AGAIN) for the game winning TD.

The Cowboys weren't winning #6 this season anyways but that was just crap. I'm still pissed off. I predicted a Seahwaks victory and yet everything sucks.

My biggest problem with this game were the PI call and one of the defensive holds which both led to points.

Another thing that has gone unmentioned is Newman dropping that INT that hit him in the hands which wouldve taken 3 off the board

I actually agree that there were some very questionable calls against the Cowboys, but this was not one of them. They got this one right.

My biggest problem with this game were the PI call and one of the defensive holds which both led to points.

Another thing that has gone unmentioned is Newman dropping that INT that hit him in the hands which wouldve taken 3 off the board

Dallas dropped 3 picks in the game although the one that Carpenter dropped was thrown pretty hard and he was only a few yards away.

Please stop looking at the game through blue and silver glasses. The cowboys just aren't that good thats all neither are the seahawks this year either.

Anyway you guys had the greatest receiver every in T.O. right you should have been a shoe in for the superbowl. ha ha karma's a B1!iatch isn't it. You sign the devil (Terrel Owens) this is what they deserve.

who are you?

I actually agree that there were some very questionable calls against the Cowboys, but this was not one of them. They got this one right.

I didn't see anything that warranted the booth calling down and overturning the call on the field. Looked to me they spotted it behind his forward progress, closed to where he hit the ground. The BS call on Newman in the endzone is my biggest gripe. Ultimately, the Cowboys from coach down just aren't good enough so a victory would have only prolonged in inevitable.

I didn't see anything that warranted the booth calling down and overturning the call on the field. Looked to me they spotted it behind his forward progress, closed to where he hit the ground. The BS call on Newman in the endzone is my biggest gripe. Ultimately, the Cowboys from coach down just aren't good enough so a victory would have only prolonged in inevitable.

On this we agree.

It's amazing how even though I predicted a Cowboys loss I'm mad today. I'm mad at the refs, I'm mad at the GM, I'm mad at the coach. I'm mad a Jon Kitna for not mentioning how easy it is to expose Brade James in the pass before we gave him his extension.

I've got some yard work to try and do so pile on now before I'm gone for the day.

Edited by Clubfoothead