[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys / Seahawks game thread

whomper

It's amazing how even though I predicted a Cowboys loss I'm mad today. I'm mad at the refs, I'm mad at the GM, I'm mad at the coach. I'm mad a Jon Kitna for not mentioning how easy it is to expose Brade James in the pass before we gave him his extension.

I've got some yard work to try and do so pile on now before I'm gone for the day.

No piling-on by me, as a fan this is how you should be feeling today. That was a tough loss to take.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing how even though I predicted a Cowboys loss I'm mad today. I'm mad at the refs, I'm mad at the GM, I'm mad at the coach. I'm mad a Jon Kitna for not mentioning how easy it is to expose Brade James in the pass before we gave him his extension.

I've got some yard work to try and do so pile on now before I'm gone for the day.

Yep. Woke up still mad..Gut twisted..I have no illusion that Dallas was the cream of the crop after the way they ended the season but to lose like that blows..

I think the flukey part was that Glenn slipped and caught himself by putting the ball on the ground and never really put it away before the ball was knocked loose...

:D

I don't think a WR slipping on a wet field is much of a fluke & the fact that he had regained his balance with the aid of the ball is because he used two hands to catch the ball (using two hands to catch the ball is again really, really, really basic stuff taught from Pop Warner on up).

Again I'd say that Seattle only getting two points out of that play, instead of at least six, because of a toe, is the flukey part.

It was a truly fortunate break for the Cowboys, but in the end, the 2 point safety instead of the minimum 6 point TD, really didn't matter. :D

:bash:

I don't think a WR slipping on a wet field is much of a fluke & the fact that he had regained his balance with the aid of the ball is because he used two hands to catch the ball (using two hands to catch the ball is again really, really, really basic stuff taught from Pop Warner on up).

Again I'd say that Seattle only getting two points out of that play, instead of at least six, because of a toe, is the flukey part.

It was a truly fortunate break for the Cowboys, but in the end, the 2 point safety instead of the minimum 6 point TD, really didn't matter. :D

Heck the only real flukey part of that play was the Seattle defender missing Glenn while he was on the ground.

On the plus side, it wasn't like the regular season wasn't a set-up for that happening with the way Dallas blew several games and then failed to show up at the end.

I have to think Parcells was thinking "I'm too old for this crap".

Dallas largely outplayed them but in the end, everything matters and Dallas put themselves into that situation. Glenn is equally to blame since he gave up 2 points in a one point game.

Dallas had bad mojo this year and it was almost entirely their own fault.

i wish it WAS a td instead of a safety. then the cowboys would've had to go for the touchdown instead of awesome unpredictability of the dallas chipshot field goal. ah, ifs and buts ...

i actually woke up ok, conditioned by the disappointing way the last part of the season played out.

On the plus side, it wasn't like the regular season wasn't a set-up for that happening with the way Dallas blew several games and then failed to show up at the end.

I have to think Parcells was thinking "I'm too old for this crap".

Dallas largely outplayed them but in the end, everything matters and Dallas put themselves into that situation. Glenn is equally to blame since he gave up 2 points in a one point game.

Dallas had bad mojo this year and it was almost entirely their own fault.

After reviewing the statistically breakdown (and obviously watching the game), it seemed like a equally fought game to me. 7 of Dallas's points came on special teams. I'm not really sure how Dallas largely outplayed the Hawks.

well let's not pretend like seattle didnt have some bad breaks in that game as well. 7 of dallas' 20 points came on a kickoff return. if they had a better camera angle on that roy williams INT (and i still find it hard to believe they didn't) it gets overturned.

Huh? They showed a difinitive angle that proved he got his second foot down. You could see the green between his foot and the line. As a matter of fact, that was the live play angle as well. I saw it and knew it was a legit pick. Believe me, I was hoping it wasn't, but that was a good pick.

What a hell of a game that was. I've been to many Seahawk games and I have never experienced anything like it. I'm still in shock and still buzzing about it even this morning. The Football Gods have a funny way of crapping down your throat then dropping you in a hot tub and handing you a glass of Dom. As one Huddler said earlier in this thread, its sometimes better to be lucky than good. Hopefully next weekend the Seahawks are lucky AND good!

GO HAWKS!!!!

I didn't see anything that warranted the booth calling down and overturning the call on the field. Looked to me they spotted it behind his forward progress, closed to where he hit the ground. The BS call on Newman in the endzone is my biggest gripe. Ultimately, the Cowboys from coach down just aren't good enough so a victory would have only prolonged in inevitable.

You have got to be kidding me- Newman had his arm pinned and locked- was the easiest call of the night.

well let's not pretend like seattle didnt have some bad breaks in that game as well. 7 of dallas' 20 points came on a kickoff return. if they had a better camera angle on that roy williams INT (and i still find it hard to believe they didn't) it gets overturned.

nice to hear some objective real talk here from an objective fan- no sh1t - how do 22 cameras not have a clear shot of Roy hitting the line with his 2nd foot-

That Austin kcikoff TD was a dagger

Tough loss for Dal fans, for sure- Dal probably did outplay Sea, but apretty evenly played game.

Lots of momentum turning plays on both sides- Sea coming away with 0 points on 1sr and goald from the 1 for starters........

Thankfully in the end, the players decided the game.

nice to hear some objective real talk here from an objective fan- no sh1t - how do 22 cameras not have a clear shot of Roy hitting the line with his 2nd foot-

That Austin kcikoff TD was a dagger

Tough loss for Dal fans, for sure- Dal probably did outplay Sea, but apretty evenly played game.

Lots of momentum turning plays on both sides- Sea coming away with 0 points on 1sr and goald from the 1 for starters........

Thankfully in the end, the players decided the game.

How'd Darrell Jackson do? :D

You have got to be kidding me- Newman had his arm pinned and locked- was the easiest call of the night.

incidental contact and an uncatchable ball..The def holding call on Newman was a bad one too

Edited by whomper