[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys / Seahawks game thread

whomper

Unless of course Manute Bol suited up last night

Pretty clear call, and really bad play on Newman's part- especially in the end zone. Was definitely catchable, he gets his hands on it if he has the use of his right arm, which for some reason he couldn't raise above his waist........

I guess we know now why Newman had such a good year.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jennings punching the ball out from Glenns arm was NOT a flukey play. That's something taught from Pop Warner level on up. Really, really, really basic individual defensive play.

It was a fluke in that if it had happened on the 5 yard line, the ball goes out of bounds at the 1; it might be a basic individual defensive play, but not one you see on a regular basis (especially given the circumstances of throwing the ball from the 2 yard line); a Seahawks touchdown gives the Cowboys the ball back at 20-20 and with the way Jones was running the ball in the 4th quarter it might have been a more advantageous situation.

Jennings punching the ball out from Glenns arm was NOT a flukey play. That's something taught from Pop Warner level on up. Really, really, really basic individual defensive play.

It was a fluke in that if it had happened on the 5 yard line, the ball goes out of bounds at the 1; it might be a basic individual defensive play, but not one you see on a regular basis (especially given the circumstances of throwing the ball from the 2 yard line); a Seahawks touchdown gives the Cowboys the ball back at 20-20 and with the way Jones was running the ball in the 4th quarter it might have been a more advantageous situation.

What was really poor on the Seahawks part was the defensive play calling on the Cowboy's final drive (not including the hail mary play.) With 4 minutes left, playing that vanilla conservative defense is only going to get you a Cowboy score with very little time left on the clock.

Go after them... yeah they may score, but then at least you have time left to try and do something on offense with out being in panic mode. And you may actually get a few sacks, or a mistake that becomes a turn over.

Yeah, I actually like the safety over the TD. Gave Seattle 2 points and the ball in great field position to try and take the lead (of course if they hadn't done exatly that I would probably be cursing having that TD reviewed and turned to a safety this morning.)

Pretty clear call, and really bad play on Newman's part- especially in the end zone. Was definitely catchable, he gets his hands on it if he has the use of his right arm, which for some reason he couldn't raise above his waist........

I guess we know now why Newman had such a good year.

all i'll say is i find it curious how, in your opinion, all the calls that went in seattle's favor were solid and unquestionably correct, while the ones that went in dallas' favor were horrible and unquestionably wrong. do i have that straight?

:D

Dallas had Julius Jones rushing for 112 yards on 22 carries (5.1 YPC)

Seattle had Alexander rushing for 69 yards on 24 carries (2.9 YPC)

Romo completed 17 of 29 for 59% completion rate with no interceptions and 189 yards.

Hasselbeck completed 18 of 36 for a 50% completion rate with 2 interceptions and 240 yards.

Where SEA did better was on completing three long passes for 36, 37 and 27 yards. That and letting Dallas screw up.

Dallas had 24 more rushing yards than Seattle.

Seattle had 51 more passing yards than Dallas.

Dallas had the ball for 28 minutes and 23 seconds.

Seattle had the ball for 31 minutes and 37 seconds.

Dallas scored 13 of their 20 points on special teams and 2 INTs with excellent field position.

Seattle scored 8 of their 21 points on and after the safety.

Both teams played somewhat poorly and gave the other team opportunities. Dallas couldn't take advantage of it at the end.

Edited by bushwacked

Dallas had Julius Jones rushing for 112 yards on 22 carries (5.1 YPC)

Seattle had Alexander rushing for 69 yards on 24 carries (2.9 YPC)

Romo completed 17 of 29 for 59% completion rate with no interceptions and 189 yards.

Hasselbeck completed 18 of 36 for a 50% completion rate with 2 interceptions and 240 yards.

Where SEA did better was on completing three long passes for 36, 37 and 27 yards. That and letting Dallas screw up.

:D I knew that was coming.

I dunno David..... those stats don't tell the whole story.

here's the game stats

look @ them this way it paints abit different picture.

first downs

hawks 19

boys 14

total plays

hawks 68

boys 57

total yards

hawks 332

boys 284

time of pos.

hawks 31 +-

boys 28 +-

return yards & rushing yard are closer than you might think considering the long return for the boys.,.. not to mention jones also got a good portion of his yards on a couple longer runs too. :D

now go to the defensive side of the ball. EVERYONE had run on the hawks this year so JJ doing so well wasn't a complete suprise... but where was barber ? where was TO & Glenn vs. the depleted secondary ?

In the end is was the same old same old for the boys..... williams & co. getting torched by a TE.... twice. :bash:

I'm not saying that Dallas played worse that the hawks...... but they certainly did not largely outplay them, IMO.

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

:D I knew that was coming.

I dunno David..... those stats don't tell the whole story.

here's the game stats

look @ them this way it paints abit different picture.

first downs

hawks 19

boys 14

total plays

hawks 68

boys 57

total yards

hawks 332

boys 284

time of pos.

hawks 31 +-

boys 28 +-

return yards & rushing yard are closer than you might think considering the long return for the boys.,.. not to mention jones also got a good portion of his yards on a couple longer runs too. :D

now go to the defensive side of the ball. EVERYONE had run on the hawks this year so JJ doing so well wasn't a complete suprise... but where was barber ? where was TO & Glenn vs. the depleted secondary ?

In the end is was the same old same old for the boys..... williams & co. getting torched by a TE.... twice. :bash:

I'm not saying that Dallas played worse that the hawks...... but they were certainly did not largely outplay them, IMO.

More success in the rushing game naturally creates less passing but when Dallas did pass, they had a higher completion percentage. In the end, Dallas certainly did beat themselves in what should have been a game winning kick was botched by the holder. What was most disappointing from a DAL perspective was that they could not use their WR other than Crayton against what should have been a very weak set of CB. Dallas has been regularly torched by the long pass all season. In my opinion, they should just let Roy Williams blitz the QB every play and forget about him actually covering anyone.

Sadly nothing in the game surprised me.

Huh? They showed a difinitive angle that proved he got his second foot down. You could see the green between his foot and the line. As a matter of fact, that was the live play angle as well. I saw it and knew it was a legit pick. Believe me, I was hoping it wasn't, but that was a good pick.

that wasn't green, that was the black sole of his shoe.

I could see somebody saying that it was a very even game, but Dallas outplaying Seattle?? Not what it seemed like from the stadium. The Seahawks were flat out giving them most of the passes they hit, focusing on stopping TO & Glenn. As I said, even if Romo scores, the Seahawks have a 50/50 chance of getting a field goal with 1:14 on the clock. IMO Holmgren was a couple terrible playcalls away from making this game less interesting.

I could see somebody saying that it was a very even game, but Dallas outplaying Seattle?? Not what it seemed like from the stadium. The Seahawks were flat out giving them most of the passes they hit, focusing on stopping TO & Glenn. As I said, even if Romo scores, the Seahawks have a 50/50 chance of getting a field goal with 1:14 on the clock. IMO Holmgren was a couple terrible playcalls away from making this game less interesting.

If Romo scores you're down 6 and would need a TD which would have been difficult with 1:14 and 0 TO's.

I'm presuming you are talking about him scoring on the botched FG attempt.

Edited by chiefjay

all i'll say is i find it curious how, in your opinion, all the calls that went in seattle's favor were solid and unquestionably correct, while the ones that went in dallas' favor were horrible and unquestionably wrong. do i have that straight?

Not at all- I thought the Roy INT call was the correct all- bc the video was inconclusive- I just couldn't believe they could not get a clear shot of it. It did appear to me he was 2nd foot was on the line whatever- doesn't matter.

The PI call was as obvious as Pass Interference gets- unreal to me that people think that was a poor call- refs look for the pin the arm move- cmon.

bottom line, it was not a well played game on both sides, and it had a crazy ending that the players themselves decided.

The Witten play they got right - he was short of the marker.period.

Yep. Woke up still mad..Gut twisted..I have no illusion that Dallas was the cream of the crop after the way they ended the season but to lose like that blows..

You know, I was disappointed last night, but I woke up even more bitter about how it turned out.

But, I do agree with CFH, if Dallas would have won, it was just delaying the inevitable imho.

:D

good call- I was being a bit too optimistic, basically b/c Sea can't beat anyone good without him IMO

you have Holmgren & Clayton on speed dial don't ya?

I thought Engram played well and made some good plays...and that wascaly wabbit Stevens had a great game.

I thought Engram played well and made some good plays...and that wascaly wabbit Stevens had a great game.

I love the Seahawks logo & sig :D - yeah, Engram stepped up hugh- Stevens may have turned the corner, guy is so talented.

With Djax- this O can be lethal - he is the one who draws double teams, commands repeks, and opens everything else up-

Yes, you do.

I love the Seahawks logo & sig :D - yeah, Engram stepped up hugh- Stevens may have turned the corner, guy is so talented.

With Djax- this O can be lethal - he is the one who draws double teams, commands repeks, and opens everything else up-

Hackett only had two catches, but that finger tip one was also pretty amazing. :D

Dude,

wildcat2334 saying the Defensive Pass Interference call on the Newman penalty was right, is dead balls on accurate. Newman had Burleson's arm hooked at his right elbow & then gave a good little shoulder nudge just to be sure.

Ref sees what Newman did & it's gonna be called Defensive Pass Interference 100 out of 100 times. :D

Unless you're a Cowboy fan, don't know why anyone would even attempt to argue otherwise. :D