[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys / Seahawks game thread

whomper

JMO as an impartial observer...the 'boys got screwed. Unless the ref had some magic-voodoo camera angle, there is no way he can definitively overturn that spot on the Witten catch.

Ah well...maybe the Seachicken fans will stop yappin' over the SB last year :D

dude, there is a camera RIGHT THERE on the sideline that shows DEFINITIVELY that the ball never got close to the one yard line. that is as clear an angle on a spot overrule as there will ever be. it'll be on youtube by tomorrow morning and we can all look at it a thousand more times and see that the refs got it right on the money.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never handled myself like bitch on these boards and I wont start now ..some big ticky tack calls went against but there is no excuse for botching a 19 yd fg attempt..Season over end of story

Edited by whomper

Next time you watch the replay of the botched field goal, watch Gramatica after Romo fumbles it - if he gets even a little bit better hit on Babineaux, Romo gets into the end zone, or at least to the first down. Crazy play.

Yep, just rewound it and watched it again and you are right.

Oh well...

My question is: the Seahawks snapped the next play after the botched attempt from the 1 yard line. Which means, based on that spot, Romo picked up the first down when he tried to run it in. Hmmm.....

Wildcat said that they got that one right, and he didn't get the 1st down. Just to clear up any other questions, Wildcat said that every questionable call that went for the Seahawks was correct, and every call that went against them was BS. That should settle everything.

My question is: the Seahawks snapped the next play after the botched attempt from the 1 yard line. Which means, based on that spot, Romo picked up the first down when he tried to run it in. Hmmm.....

You think they missed it because of all the excitement on the field? I want to see the replay now. I can't believe they didn't measure it.

dude, there is a camera RIGHT THERE on the sideline that shows DEFINITIVELY that the ball never got close to the one yard line. that is as clear an angle on a spot overrule as there will ever be. it'll be on youtube by tomorrow morning and we can all look at it a thousand more times and see that the refs got it right on the money.

My initial reaction when I saw Romo run the ball was that he got the first down. But looking at the replay it was clear that he was well short of the 1st down ... hell he was even short of the line of scrimmage. Where SEA actually snapped the ball from on the next play is irrelevant.

I didn't record the game, but I clearly remember Al Michaels saying that Seattle was snapping from the two yard line. The replays also of Romo getting tackled by the feet also clearly show that he wasn't even close to making it to the one yard line.

My initial reaction when I saw Romo run the ball was that he got the first down. But looking at the replay it was clear that he was well short of the 1st down ... hell he was even short of the line of scrimmage. Where SEA actually snapped the ball from on the next play is irrelevant.

Romo got closer to the 1st than Witten did, but was still short. Good effort by Romo though. Good game with an unbelievable ending.

I have never handled myself like bitch on these boards and I wont start now ..some big ticky tack calls went against but there is no excuse for botching a 19 yd fg attempt..Season over end of story

i agree that there were some pretty lousy defensive holding/PI calls that went against the 'boys. but the officials got the call right on the spot review.

i think romo had a little annointing oil on his hands. :D

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the ball spotted at the one, but Romo fumbled it before he hit the first down marker (he didn't get the ball beyond the two yard line, so a yard short) and they ruled that SEA recovered at the one.

The Bears were going to make short work of Dallas too.

That's what I meant. Neither of these two were fearsome. To be fair, nor are the Bears but they really should be able to put paid to Seattle (unless the Giants pull it off against Philly).

Witten did not get the 1st down. I'm glad they got it right with the review.

I thought for sure Romo was going to get at least a 1st down, but that great tackle stopped him short of it.

Crazy plays. Too many impossible plays. I think Seattle was destined win.

I disagree. Sorry.

I just saw the replay again. Grits is right.

i agree that there were some pretty lousy defensive holding/PI calls that went against the 'boys. but the officials got the call right on the spot review.

i think romo had a little annointing oil on his hands. :D

Those calls are exactly what im talking about..

Bottom line ... Romo has to get the ball down for the kick. That is a routine play and he should be able to do it in his sleep. Romo makes that play then Seattle has to receive the kickoff and drive down the field for a FG try.

A great point.

Heck...I don't particularly care who won. Although I do think Sea has a marginally better chance in CHI next week than Dallas would have.