[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys / Seahawks game thread

whomper

A big difference in this game was that SEA tackled better - not what I expected from them after the last few weeks.

There were several key plays. The long TD to Stevens was the beginning of the end for the Boys. The safety was the death stroke. The fumbled snap by Romo was the final death throws.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line ... Romo has to get the ball down for the kick. That is a routine play and he should be able to do it in his sleep. Romo makes that play then Seattle has to receive the kickoff and drive down the field for a FG try.

of the cowboys fans watching the game, i'd love to know how many thought, right before the kick, "i have a bad feeling about this." i know i did. reminded me of the giants-niners playoff game a few years ago.

i agree that there were some pretty lousy defensive holding/PI calls that went against the 'boys. but the officials got the call right on the spot review.

i think romo had a little annointing oil on his hands. :D

Not sure what calls specifically you're referring to, but I thought the PI call in the endzone against Burleson was a good call. :D

It was a classic give away which Dallas in the past few years has become know for. Last minute collapses..Gift interceptions..Brutal..Id rather have been blown out then lose like this..I still like Romo a lot though..If it wasnt for him we wouldnt be here..Maybe a choke like this on his part will help him check his ego a little bit..who knows..Just a real weak way to bow out for the boys..

of the cowboys fans watching the game, i'd love to know how many thought, right before the kick, "i have a bad feeling about this." i know i did. reminded me of the giants-niners playoff game a few years ago.

:raises hand: I predicted a boink off the left goal post though. :D

I'll bet Bledsoe would've held the ball. :D

they really played well defensively, especially their depleted secondary. they only gave up 13 points, and something like 160 yards passing. hats off to them.

Yeah, I think Dallas was crazy not trying to go to TO more against those scrubs. I thought Glenn would really exploit them. :D

To be honest I was more worried about the drive that I thought was to follow which we would have had to stop

Bottom line ... Romo has to get the ball down for the kick. That is a routine play and he should be able to do it in his sleep. Romo makes that play then Seattle has to receive the kickoff and drive down the field for a FG try.

Absolutely, I agree.

To be honest I was more worried about the drive that I thought was to follow which we would have had to stop

so you were thinking ahead, eh whomp? it's your lack of concentration that caused romo to bobble. you have the whole offseason to think about it.

I'll admit that I was worried about it given all the FG angst Dallas has had...then, if the FG was made, if Dallas could keep Seattle from getting back in range for a GW FG.

so you were thinking ahead, eh whomp? it's your lack of concentration that caused romo to bobble. you have the whole offseason to think about it.

:D

Not sure what calls specifically you're referring to, but I thought the PI call in the endzone against Burleson was a good call. :D

yeah, that call they got right i thought. i was thinking specifically about two def. holding calls against dallas...sorry, i can't remember the players involved though.

Roy Williams is an absolute liability out there- he should just keep putting on weight and play LB.

I'd tend to agree with this. Weren't both of Stevens TD catches against Roy?

Bad luck for the Cowboys though. They shoulda had this one.

If I remember correctly, on that botched FG attempt, Romo dropped the ball then dropped it again. If Romo didn't drop the ball the 2nd time (again - if I'm remembering this correctly) he probably would have gotten that 1st down and maybe a TD.

Both Glenn and Romo dropped the ball at key times. Am I right that the teams bring their own footballs? Once the game starts what happens to the footballs? Are there any complaints in the post game interviews about the footballs being slippier than usual?