[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints vs Eagles

rajncajn

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely disagree, this is a better window. Philly wont be the best team in the NFC for the next 5 yrs, like they were in the window they clearly were. Dawkins their best defensive player isnt getting any younger, and McNabb still hasnt proved he can win a big game. The best unit on this team is the strength of that Ol, and even there, Runyan is aging. Philly better learn how to use FA, or they will never win a SB, ever.

:D

Please define "big game"... yes, he hasn't won the superbowl and has a lost a few NFC championships, but if each and every playoff game isn't a so called "big game", I don't know what is. He's won a few of those the last time I heard...

The arguement can perhaps be made for Manning, but McNabb is able to win the big games, just not all of them. Most QBs have the same problem.

Dallas sucks. Sour grapes.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I completely disagree, this is a better window. Philly wont be the best team in the NFC for the next 5 yrs, like they were in the window they clearly were. Dawkins their best defensive player isnt getting any younger, and McNabb still hasnt proved he can win a big game. The best unit on this team is the strength of that Ol, and even there, Runyan is aging. Philly better learn how to use FA, or they will never win a SB, ever.

Come on now, the eagles have just as good a chance as any other team in the NFC to be its best team for the next 5 yrs....

Runyan happens to play on the right side so that is an easier position to replace when it in fact needs to be addressed

Dawkins isnt getting any younger at a position that allows players to play for a longer time....

They have a pretty talented DLine even without Kearse

McNabb has 5yrs left in him...Westy has a few left in him

Stallworth Reggie Brown LJ Smith all have 5yrs left in them

to think this team cant be the best of the NFC for the next 5 yrs is simply being a blind cowboys homer...

But I can also stand here and say that I dont know who will be the NFC Leader the next 5 yrs...

NYG could have taken the reigns this yr but they didnt and if TIKI retires that leaves a HUGH hole on the offensive side, not to mention that if(WHEN) Coughlin is fired then they will sorta be starting over....Strahan is clearly a leader on the defense and in the clubhouse and he surely isnt getting any younger

Washington imo has the best chance to rule the roost in the NFC over the upcoming years...

I think Campbell is going to prove a good NFL QB

They have a solid Running game, the offense will get better with a healthy portis plus time to learn saunders offense...the Def cant be that bad again, they have some players and as long as greg williams stays or handles the Def you have to expect them to improve

Dallas does Bill come back? Does Bill go? Does TO come back? Does TO go? Many distracting things going on in dallas...if Bill stays then I think the boys can make a run at the Div. title next yr but they better hope that either TO is gone or acts like a good boy...the defense will need to improve as they were able to be exploited...What will Romo be like? Will he shake it off? so dallas has some questions but they also have talent: Ware, Barber JJ Romo Crayton Carpenter etc...

I expect the NFC to be pretty wide open the next few years, but you evidently see it in a different light

Edited by keggerz

Winning the NFC East wont guarantee anything once the playoffs begin, as Dallas , NY and Philly will all have legit shots at the NFC playoffs again next yr and for years to come. Carolina wont be as bad, and New Orleans wont have as gravey of a schedule in the near future, and the NFC North will still be terrible, and the NFC west will still be Seattle and everyone else.

I agree NY has alot to replace in Tiki, and they need a complimentary Wr so teams cant double Plaxico, and then there is Plaxico, and his half ass play, half the time. The Giants secondary is very suspect, and the LBs outside of Pierce dont look great, but with that pass rush, they can wreck havoc on opposing offenses, and they seem to have a solid OL. 2 keys to get you in the post season and beyond.

Dallas is kind of up in the air right now. Is romo as good as many thought a month ago. Is the Dallas D, really this bad, or did they get exposed when Greg Ellis a 2nd pass rusher went down, leaving them predictable in blitz pickup, and exposed a weak secondary scheme. Dallas also needs another OL, and the Wr position addressed with TO, or his replacement, as well as a FS. But many in this organization believe Pat Watkins can be that FS.

Philly clearly looks like the best team to begin the season, with a great OL, and solid Qb play from McNabb. Westbrook is the kind of back that hurts many teams, but they still lack a true #1 WR, and their TE cant always be their posession receiver. Philly has holes at both outside LB positions, SS.

Each of these teams can address their needs, and these 3 teams can be the top 3 in the NFC next yr. Or Philly can regress because of ge on the OL, and an injury to Westbrook, and Dallas can implde because of TO, and the Giants can fall apart because of Shockey and the poor play of the Qb, and secondary.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

NFC and NFC East are very different things. Though I do agree that the Eagles can be the best in both over the next 5 years. Will they...who the F knows?

i accidentally left off the nfcE ....was the NFC East I was talking about

Winning the NFC East wont guarantee anything once the playoffs begin, as Dallas , NY and Philly will all have legit shots at the NFC playoffs again next yr and for years to come. Carolina wont be as bad, and New Orleans wont have as gravey of a schedule in the near future, and the NFC North will still be terrible, and the NFC west will still be Seattle and everyone else.

I agree NY has alot to replace in Tiki, and they need a complimentary Wr so teams cant double Plaxico, and then there is Plaxico, and his half ass play, half the time. The Giants secondary is very suspect, and the LBs outside of Pierce dont look great, but with that pass rush, they can wreck havoc on opposing offenses, and they seem to have a solid OL. 2 keys to get you in the post season and beyond.

Dallas is kind of up in the air right now. Is romo as good as many thought a month ago. Is the Dallas D, really this bad, or did they get exposed when Greg Ellis a 2nd pass rusher went down, leaving them predictable in blitz pickup, and exposed a weak secondary scheme. Dallas also needs another OL, and the Wr position addressed with TO, or his replacement, as well as a FS. But many in this organization believe Pat Watkins can be that FS.

Philly clearly looks like the best team to begin the season, with a great OL, and solid Qb play from McNabb. Westbrook is the kind of back that hurts many teams, but they still lack a true #1 WR, and their TE cant always be their posession receiver. Philly has holes at both outside LB positions, SS.

Each of these teams can address their needs, and these 3 teams can be the top 3 in the NFC next yr. Or Philly can regress because of ge on the OL, and an injury to Westbrook, and Dallas can implde because of TO, and the Giants can fall apart because of Shockey and the poor play of the Qb, and secondary.

the one thing that will help every team in the NFC East come playoff time will have been playing in the NFC East.

Why dont you take an avi bet with me, slick, so I can have a shot at redemption? I wll take the Saints straight up and the winner gets to pick the others avi for a month.

I lived in NO for ten years, my wife is from there, and I am a hugh Who Dat fan.

sure...I am taking a suckers bet...but at least you wouldn't be taking down your sig...

I have no problem adding 2 sigs after this week...

sure...I am taking a suckers bet...but at least you wouldn't be taking down your sig...

I have no problem adding 2 sigs after this week...

Avatar for a month, not sig. And I will grudgingly say that the Eagles have surprised me here at the end of the season. So it might not be such a suckers bet for you after all.

GO SAINTS! :D

I have a picture of Snyder and Tom Cruise tongue kissing that Avernus would love to display.

Avatar for a month, not sig. And I will grudgingly say that the Eagles have surprised me here at the end of the season. So it might not be such a suckers bet for you after all.

GO SAINTS! :D

I have a picture of Snyder and Tom Cruise tongue kissing that Avernus would love to display.

YOU ARE COLD AS ICE...

I'm up for an avatar bet, I'm for Philly, name your terms.

Straight up winner, loser wears they avy for the remainder of the post-season.

I'll add that I'd be willing to do a sig bet as well as long as I can keep my link at the bottom. :D

The Eagles have Winston Justice and Max-Jean Giles (sp?) that they drafted this past draft. Justice was predicted as a first round that fell into the top of the 2nd round and Giles was regarded as the best guard in the draft from what they were saying on draft day. The only reason Justice isn't playing this year is because Runyan & William Thomas have been nice suprises this year. I thought at least one of them would have a down year and Justice would be the started sometime during the season. The defense worries me because Lito Sheppard seems to get hurt a lot and Dawkins & Trotter aren't getting younger. I think if the Eagles get a solid SS and OLB they can take pressure of Dawkins & Trotter next year.

:D

unless there's something wrong with my PC that guy ain't wearin' a helmet....not that it's any of my business....

strange ..maybe i am seeing things :D but my avatar ( at least i thought so ) was that of a helmet of the philadelphia eagles ...anyway i just changed it and i believe i am seeing eagles logo ( with eagles name in it ) now ..i have to increase the dosage on my meds i think

Edited by isleseeya

strange ..maybe i am seeing things :D but my avatar ( at least i thought so ) was that of a helmet of the philadelphia eagles ...anyway i just changed it and i believe i am seeing eagles logo ( with eagles name in it ) now ..i have to increase the dosage on my meds i think

press ctrl while refreshing to clear the cache and bee the new avatar.

The Eagles have Winston Justice and Max-Jean Giles (sp?) that they drafted this past draft. Justice was predicted as a first round that fell into the top of the 2nd round and Giles was regarded as the best guard in the draft from what they were saying on draft day. The only reason Justice isn't playing this year is because Runyan & William Thomas have been nice suprises this year. I thought at least one of them would have a down year and Justice would be the started sometime during the season. The defense worries me because Lito Sheppard seems to get hurt a lot and Dawkins & Trotter aren't getting younger. I think if the Eagles get a solid SS and OLB they can take pressure of Dawkins & Trotter next year.

I think Andy will address those needs( afterall they aren't Wrs) next year in the draft. I just hope he does go after a young stud LB. He has a clear diregard for the LB position.

Edited by NSab