[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick would have scored...

Rockerbraves

If Tedy Bruschi was the holder, he would have scored too.

Edit: Just out of curiosity, is Vick the holder for the Falcons?

The irony to me was that most likely Romo would not have been the holder if he had won the starting job in training camp. Typically, teams do not have their starting QB as the holder.

Edited by Vet

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I didn't see the Cowboys/Lions game. But what I heard is he had a chance to score but got stopped short of the goal by running up the middle. Did that cost the Cowboys a division championship and home field advantage in the playoffs?

The Eagles beat the Falcons, so the outcome of the Dallas/Lions game had zero bearing on the NFC East title. The Bears had home field advantage locked-up weeks prior. WOW, talk about clueless.

So the choice is, a QB who can get you into the playoffs but then makes a simple but very costly mistake, or a QB who couldn't get you into the playoffs but theoretically would have been able to overcome that simple mistake... :D

:D

So tell me something Savage Beatings.

How many times is it, that a Vick QB'ed team has gotten into the playoffs?

And just out of curiosity, how many times was it that the Vick QB'ed team which made it to the playoffs, was just a one shot wonder?

You know, a one & done show, like the Romo QB'ed team.

So tell me something Savage Beatings.

How many times is it, that a Vick QB'ed team has gotten into the playoffs?

And just out of curiosity, how many times was it that the Vick QB'ed team which made it to the playoffs, was just a one shot wonder?

You know, a one & done show, like the Romo QB'ed team.

I'm just looking at the facts of the 2006 season. Michael Vick's team is not in the playoffs. He could not get them there. Tony Romo's team was in the playoffs. He got them there. There is nobody in the world that can deny that fact.

Although some may try. :D

So, uh, am I missing something here? Are you reallt trying to say that since you know Vick doesn't take hold for the PK, that if they were in this situation....they would have brought him in special to hold with the game on the line, cause in case it was dropped by him, thus him screwing up the play, that he could then run it in fixing said mistake? :D

Man, you guys crack me up :bash:

No Hat Trick.

Nobody is saying that Vick holds for the PK, just as nobody is saying that Vick plays QB for the Cowboys.

But what Rockerbraves IS saying, is that if in the HYPOTHETICAL situation of it being Vick instead of Romo who fumbled that snap, it's about a 99.9% certainty Vick would've scored, or, at the very least, gotten a 1st down.

But I'm pretty sure you knew that & just wanted to be obtuse.

The Eagles beat the Falcons, so the outcome of the Dallas/Lions game had zero bearing on the NFC East title. The Bears had home field advantage locked-up weeks prior. WOW, talk about clueless.

I admit I was clueless that's why I posed the question. Wow, talk about classless insulting a fellow huddler for inquiring. :D

I'm just looking at the facts of the 2006 season. Michael Vick's team is not in the playoffs. He could not get them there. Tony Romo's team was in the playoffs. He got them there. There is nobody in the world that can deny that fact.

Although some may try.

Last I heard, there are 52 guys who suit up & play for their team each Sunday.

Didn't realize teams make it to the playoffs because of one guy & the other 51 are just bystanders :D

Last I heard, there are 52 guys who suit up & play for their team each Sunday.

Didn't realize teams make it to the playoffs because of one guy & the other 51 are just bystanders :D

Is Vick the leader of the team? Yes.

Are they in the playoffs? No.

I accept his apology. :bash: I'll try to be more in clue from now on. It's just that I have been so involved in the bowl games lately and with FF ending and the Saints are on bye I admit not to be following the NFL as much lately.

Its actually a very entertaining thread, so no apologies. :D

Even with a season ending in failure and a fired coach, Michael Vick not only can do no wrong, but somehow would succeed with other teams if he could only hypothetically switch places. :D

No Hat Trick.

Nobody is saying that Vick holds for the PK, just as nobody is saying that Vick plays QB for the Cowboys.

But what Rockerbraves IS saying, is that if in the HYPOTHETICAL situation of it being Vick instead of Romo who fumbled that snap, it's about a 99.9% certainty Vick would've scored, or, at the very least, gotten a 1st down.

But I'm pretty sure you knew that & just wanted to be obtuse.

Yep :D But it's all hypothetical, so that's why this whole thread cracks me up.

No Hat Trick.

Well, if Ladanian Tomlinson was holding, I'm pretty sure it's about a 99.9% certainty that he would have scored, or, at the very least, gotten a first down.

Hypothectically, did Rockerbraves think he was that special someone when Vick gave him the gift that keeps on giving a lifetime? Hypothecitally, of course.

Come on now Tim that comment was uncalled for, don't you think? Believe it or not I like the Cowboys and Romo for that matter. The Cowboys D, TO and Romo led my FF team to the super bowl. Sadly one I lost. :D

Edited by Rockerbraves