[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick would have scored...

Rockerbraves

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we know that/ I think that is the most amusing portion of this, is that nobody knows that he would have scored in the same situation, lost more yards or caught the snap. Has Vick ever been stopped for negative or zero yards? Of course he has, so who knows if he would have scored? Nobody does. Romo is the one that WAS in that situation and he DIDN'T score (despite have "athletic" skills himself), everythign else outside of that is opinion andf not fact.

:D Vick lost 300 yards this year on 45 sacks, among the most in the league, so maybe it would have played out as one of those 7 yard losses rather than the few yards Romo was able to make of it ...

Your reading comprehension skills are pathetic. You can try to re-edit or miscarachterize what I say all day long, but its not going to work. I'm always going to come back at you with the facts.

Plese quote where I said that because of Vick and only Vick the Falcons aren't in the playoffs. You can't because it didn't happen. Go on, I'll give you a while to try to come up with something. Take your time.

So the choice is, a QB who can get you into the playoffs but then makes a simple but very costly mistake, or a QB who couldn't get you into the playoffs

Post #9

Maybe I'm wrong, but the above sure looks like you're putting the Falcons being out of the playoffs on Vick to me. :D

But hey, what do I know. Maybe my reading comprehension skills are pathetic & I'm just re-editing & miscarachterizing what you're saying here. :bash:

Vick is ONE the leaders of the team. Since the team is not in the playoffs, it is 100% accurate to say that he along with DUNN & BROOKING did not lead his THEIR team to the playoffs. You need to come to terms with this.

Just pointing out a small correction. Like a lot of teams, the Falcons have more than one leader. Same as the Ravens with both Mcnair & Lewis, the Bears with both Grossman & Urlacher, the NY Giants with Tiki, normally Strahan & Eli, or the Chargers with both Rivers & LT

You guys are hilarious! When the Falcons do well, it is beacuse of Vick's incredible abilities (in fact he is so good that he could hypothetically lead otehr teams through the playoffs).

:D

I've always said the Falcons both win & lose as a TEAM.

However, on the flip side, I sure read an awful lot of folks pointing the finger squarely at Vick when the Falcons lose, but when they win it's one of two things. They either go with the team theme as why they won, or call it Vick catching lightening in a bottle...even a blind squirell finds a nut every now & then...etc...etc...etc...

And I've lost count of the number of posts saying the Falcons will never win anything with Vick as the QB.

I've always said there's most definitely room for Vick to improve, but that he's nowhere near as bad as Vick bashers like to make out & the Falcons problems go a lot deeper than just the QB position.

But whenever anyone says the problems go deeper than just Vick & even detail what they are, the response from the Vick bashers is ALWAYS the same;

But when there is any critique of the Falcons whatsoever, all of the same lame excuses come out, none of which point even the slightest blame at all towards Mr. Vick.

:D Vick lost 300 yards this year on 45 sacks, among the most in the league, so maybe it would have played out as one of those 7 yard losses rather than the few yards Romo was able to make of it ...

:D Considering the Cowboys were at the 1.5 yard line when Romo fumbled the snap, if he'd made a few yards like you say, the Cowboys wouldn't have lost.

QB's who would have scored on that play:

Vick

Jackson

Brees

Culpepper

Brooks

Cambell

Carr

Cutler

Frye

Garcia

Garrard

McNabb

Palmer

Rivers

Smith

Young

Now how many of the above "STARTING" QB's hold for kicks....? Romo should not have been the holder IMO and Bledsoe definitely couldn't have bobbled/blotched the FG...one thing for sure...."IF" Bledsoe was in Romo's shoes...he had no chance of running it in....

oh! one more question here while on the subject: Don't special teams practice plays that "IF" the ball is botched, high snap, etc...that someone (elgible) is to release into the secondary....where was Romo's option.....?????? IMO, not letting Romo off the hook, but special teams coach didn't emphasize enough the importance of this...seeing just a few weeks earlier Cincy holder/snap went haywire for the tie in the Denver game....as a coach for the XP/FG team....you emphasize and practice what is to happen in this case..if you watch the replay...no one leaves the line of scrimmage...to me that is another viewpoint..."IF" Romo had an option who knows...?? :D Romo still is the culprit of a muff..,but he was alone out there from a coaching standpoint!!! :D:bash:

"You understand me? Catching my drift?... Or am I being obtuse?"

Name the movie.

The best movie of all time......the Shawshank Redemption.....i'm no movie buff by any means, but when it comes to this movie......it hard not to remember the lines.

How do we know that/ I think that is the most amusing portion of this, is that nobody knows that he would have scored in the same situation, lost more yards or caught the snap. Has Vick ever been stopped for negative or zero yards? Of course he has, so who knows if he would have scored? Nobody does. Romo is the one that WAS in that situation and he DIDN'T score (despite have "athletic" skills himself), everythign else outside of that is opinion andf not fact.

Forget about catching the snap TVH. The hypothetical is that everything happens the same way, except it's Vick instead of Romo.

The difference is that Vick is a LOT more athletic than Romo (and I do mean a LOT!) so as the game played out, Vick would've only had to escape Babineaux's ankle tackle and run a slightly deeper angle to get past Hamlin for the score.

Here's the play itself.

If you've ever watched Vick (I know you only watch the 30 second ESPN highlights, but that's OK because they show you how quick & fast Vick actually is), you'd know it's about a 99.9% probability Vick gets at least the 1st down and a 99.8% probability he scores.

QB's who would have scored on that play:

Vick

Jackson

Brees

Culpepper

Brooks

Cambell

Carr

Cutler

Frye

Garcia

Garrard

McNabb

Palmer

Rivers

Smith

Young

Well, I think that Brady would have scored.

And what about that big, fat guy who backs up Eli Manning? He would have steamrolled 2 or 3 guys.

Well, I think that Brady would have scored.

And what about that big, fat guy who backs up Eli Manning? He would have steamrolled 2 or 3 guys.

After looking at the play again, even ROMO should have scored. Got to figure he simply lost his cool after the muff hold and was in nowhere land. An experience athletic QB like Vick would have picked up and waltz into the endzone ball held toward the defender taunting the player trying to catch him.

For Pete's sake. Enough already.

Why not just have Vick perform every offensive play - either run or throw the ball to himself, and then go for 2 every time he scores a TD - which given his experience and athletic ability would be every time he touches the football. Hell, he's so good that you should just put 10 O-linemen on the filed with him to ensure he'd score. ATL would end up 16-0 and win every SB for as long as Vick plays.

For Pete's sake. Enough already.

Why not just have Vick perform every offensive play - either run or throw the ball to himself, and then go for 2 every time he scores a TD - which given his experience and athletic ability would be every time he touches the football. Hell, he's so good that you should just put 10 O-linemen on the filed with him to ensure he'd score. ATL would end up 16-0 and win every SB for as long as Vick plays.

On Madden 07, Vick can do that and get the 2 pt conversion everytime, and he takes the team to 16-0. I know this.

I will say this - there's question of "why was Romo holding". I didn't see an issue with it from this perspective:

- usually, holder is your backup QB or punter - rather your backup QB if he's athletic enough as it gives you options on fakes and problems

- Romo was the backup QB so should have been holder

- when they switched QB's, there was no way you were going to make Bledsoe holder for a few reasons - 1) doubt he's held in 15 years / 2) although it shouldn't matter, ego hit would have been an issue and he was your backup if an injury happens / 3) guy can't move - god forbid a bad snap happened / 4) continuity in kicking game (now, when gramatica came in, maybe made sense to swithc, but reasons 1 - 3 come into play, and kicker isn't the only part of the kicking game so rest of team having continuity helps break in new kicker)

- so him holding wasn't the "wrong" move

but I'll tell you what - TO would have scored while writing on the defenders helmet with a sharpie in one hand and a pom pom between his teeth

I will say this - there's question of "why was Romo holding". I didn't see an issue with it from this perspective:

- usually, holder is your backup QB or punter - rather your backup QB if he's athletic enough as it gives you options on fakes and problems

- Romo was the backup QB so should have been holder

- when they switched QB's, there was no way you were going to make Bledsoe holder for a few reasons - 1) doubt he's held in 15 years / 2) although it shouldn't matter, ego hit would have been an issue and he was your backup if an injury happens / 3) guy can't move - god forbid a bad snap happened / 4) continuity in kicking game (now, when gramatica came in, maybe made sense to swithc, but reasons 1 - 3 come into play, and kicker isn't the only part of the kicking game so rest of team having continuity helps break in new kicker)

- so him holding wasn't the "wrong" move

but I'll tell you what - TO would have scored while writing on the defenders helmet with a sharpie in one hand and a pom pom between his teeth

No need to say the obvious!