Sign in to follow this  
rajncajn

Seattle cheated

I'm pretty sure the center handles it first and can request a new ball.

Why do they use a different ball anyway? :D

Yes,well for KO's-I may be way off base??

Each team brings their own footballs as of this season. Exception is the kicker balls which are new and "slick" on purpose of make them harder to kick - these are supplied by the NFL, and the un-wornness is enforced by the officials.

Exactly, so this is a complete non-issue other than it shows Jones up - again - as an idiot.

I don't know what the hell you guys are taking about but the ball had nothing to do with the outcome of that game. So get over it Seahawks fans.

Nice avitar. :D

Why do they use a different ball anyway? :D

They want to encourage more kick-off returns.

Kick-off returns are exciting to the marginal fan and theoretically attract more viewers.

So, as I was saying-it was not a KO, so he could have pulled aworn-super kickable.catchable ball outta the Dallas ball bag-right???

Each team brings their own footballs as of this season. Exception is the kicker balls which are new and "slick" on purpose of make them harder to kick - these are supplied by the NFL, and the un-wornness is enforced by the officials.

This is exactly what I was thinking. JJ is behind the times on this one.

When it comes to :D it is up to the kicker to inspect the balls he is going to kick... :D

When it comes to :D it is up to the kicker to inspect the balls he is going to kick... :D

So what kind of options do the kickers have after inspection? Isn't it pretty much this shiny ball or that shiny ball?

As previously mentioned, the snapper makes up 1/3 of the equation and he should have noticed a problem with the ball. I am making NO Excuses over the ball issue due to this point alone.

However, the loss sucks....but the Seahawks will need a hell of alot more than a missed field goal this weekend to advance.

GO BEARS!!!

Hmmm, let's see:

Dallas: Gramatica 2 FGs (50 and 29 yds), 2 PATs (prior to the botched hold)

Seattle: J Brown 2 FGs (23 and 30 yds), 1 PAT

Where's the problem? :D

I'd love to see game film of Holmgren spraying a foreign substance on the kicker's football. That would be hilarious.

I think they should make ALL the balls slippery :D

Now THAT would take talent

I'd love to see game film of Holmgren spraying a foreign substance on the kicker's football. That would be hilarious.

Prime material for a Bang cartoon.

It was a perfect snap, slick ball or not. Gotta catch it.

Agreed.

And all this talk of slick/slippery balls... :D

where is the lester hayes stick um when you need it :D

They banned stick um many of the teams are using a product called DRY HANDS. Dallas is not one of those teams. :D

It's not like they have ever found a corked bat, cut baseballs or perfomance enhancing drugs in MLB before. It's part of the game. If you can get away with it, more power to you.

nice unethical viewpoint? you aren't a commish are you?

This Cowboy fan doesnt agree with Jones.

:D

The ball sure did look brand new and slick on my new HDTV, however the correct additude is displayed by Romo, you still have to catch it.

:D

It was a perfect snap, slick ball or not. Gotta catch it.

ummm correct me if I am wrong but he DID CATCH IT...he wasnt able to PLACE IT....

seems to me that would be a lack of focus....I mean he was able to cleanly catch a SLICK ball but

for a small moment in time he lost focus and BOOM COWBOYS LOSE

nice unethical viewpoint? you aren't a commish are you?

Hey if you hold someone blocking on offense and your team scores are you going to go up to the ref and let him know? :D