[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LT and Maroney Trade Interests already!

Massamule

This other guy in my league wants LT bad, he's a big Bolts fan. He also wants Maroney. I told him it wouldn't be cheap. He hasn't emailed back his offer yet, but I'm worried its going to be as bad as several weeks ago. He offered me Gates and McGahee for LT....I told him NO.

My team is in the sig

Here's his team:

QB - Palmer, Plummer, Cutler

RB - LJ, McGahee, J. Lewis, Bennett, Calhoun

WR - 85, Andre Johnson, L. Fitzgerald, Muhammed, B Johnson

TE - Gates, Winslow

I was thinking:

LT,Maroney

for

Cutler, LJ, Fitz

Stupid idea?

In a word, YES, stupid idea.

You give up the best FF player and one of the better young RBs, to get LJ, who is a downgrade from LT and Fitz, whom would be an upgrade at WR, but I'm not sure if it is enough of an upgrade to warrant letting Maroney go. Cutler is not much if any of an upgrade to your QB corp, so, you basically lose out on a roster spot to add another likely mediocre QB to play matchups with.

If you are dealing LT and Maroney, and are set on moving them, you better be getting LJ and Chad Johnson at a minimum, or, if you want a QB, it has to be Palmer who would give you a for sure starter at the spot.

Thanks for the reply!!

This is why I like to run things by the Huddle Forum.

I'm horrible when it comes to judging my own trade offers!

This is something I really don't want to do, I love LT! I'm just thinking that sooner or later, LT is going to start to wear down. I'd better get some value out of him while it's at an all-time high.

Thanks for the reply!!

This is why I like to run things by the Huddle Forum.

I'm horrible when it comes to judging my own trade offers!

This is something I really don't want to do, I love LT! I'm just thinking that sooner or later, LT is going to start to wear down. I'd better get some value out of him while it's at an all-time high.

The guy's only 27 or so and in the best shape of his life. I wouldn't worry about him wearing down until age 30 is a bit closer. Trading him now for Cutler, Fitz and LJ is IMO a VERY risky trade as you really don't know what Cutler will be...Stud or Dud. I'd stick with LT and Maroney who I believe will be better than Joe Addai when it's all said and done.

In a word, YES, stupid idea.

You give up the best FF player and one of the better young RBs, to get LJ, who is a downgrade from LT and Fitz, whom would be an upgrade at WR, but I'm not sure if it is enough of an upgrade to warrant letting Maroney go. Cutler is not much if any of an upgrade to your QB corp, so, you basically lose out on a roster spot to add another likely mediocre QB to play matchups with.

If you are dealing LT and Maroney, and are set on moving them, you better be getting LJ and Chad Johnson at a minimum, or, if you want a QB, it has to be Palmer who would give you a for sure starter at the spot.

+1

I agree not to do it. You mentioned your fear that LT will wear down; it's just as likely to happen to LJ (or whoever else you get). Normally the simplest way to look at a deal is to see who gets the single best player; obviously if you're parting with LT that WON'T be you.

The ONLY way I'd give up LT would be if I got back another potential stud RB (probably LJ or SJax, maybe Gore), PLUS another possible stud RB and a big-time receiver or QB. In other words, I MIGHT be willing to deal with the guy you listed, but I'd have to get back LJ PLUS 2 of Palmer/Chad/Fitz. And then I'd try to deal one of those guys (or Holt) for someone like a Rudi Johnson or Ronnie Brown -- that way you'd have two RB's who should combine for LT-level numbers....

that way you'd have two RB's who should combine for LT-level numbers....

And there in lies the problem with dealing LT... you end up having to use two roster spots to make up for the production he provided in one roster spot. So, unless the upgrade you receive at the other spots is so significant as to make up for this disparity, it really is hard to find a way to deal LT and be making your team all that much better, unless you have a slug at QB and get a Manning or PAlmer type, have garbage WRs and get a Holt or Chad Johnson type and have a garbage TE and get Gates or Heap type player.

The more you look at it, unless LT is your only significant contributor, it really is hard to find a deal that would improve a team enough in other spots to make up for the lost production of LT plus just about any other starting RB2

And there in lies the problem with dealing LT... you end up having to use two roster spots to make up for the production he provided in one roster spot. So, unless the upgrade you receive at the other spots is so significant as to make up for this disparity, it really is hard to find a way to deal LT and be making your team all that much better, unless you have a slug at QB and get a Manning or PAlmer type, have garbage WRs and get a Holt or Chad Johnson type and have a garbage TE and get Gates or Heap type player.

The more you look at it, unless LT is your only significant contributor, it really is hard to find a deal that would improve a team enough in other spots to make up for the lost production of LT plus just about any other starting RB2

Well said, easily one of the best most logical advice posts I have seen in a long time.