[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts/Ravens Game Thread

cdrudge

In the past hasn't Freeney given Ogden fits? I remember a few plays from last year or the year before where Freeney just kept getting past Ogden no matter what he tried.

I think the fact that Ogden was still gimpy allowed him to play better vs Freeney. Instead of trying to anticipate his moves and spins, he just squatted and tried to stay in front of him with his massive size advantage.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clark is coming up huge, so glad he wasn't lost for the year.

That diving catch he made for the first down late in the fourth was HUGH!!!! Way to go Colts and Clark!!!

:D:bash::clap:

AFC Championship, here we come!!! You know, I don't think I've ever cheered for the Pats to win a game before......I don't know how I feel about that..... :tup::D

So if the Colts beat the #2 seed on the road, are Manning and Dungy still chokers? :D

Yep. I guess you didn't see Manning playing last night. Talk to me when (if) they ever get a SB ring.

Edit, quick overall .02:

1 - BIG CONGRATS to our D. Two games in a row like that, no way did I expect that. I'm not exactly holding my breath about them keeping it up, but it was really great to see.

2 - As I implied above, Manning for the most part stunk, plain and simple, and I don't mean simply due to bad statistics (keeping in mind it's Raven D he faced, tough for any QB) - eg if I had a nickel for every bad/ill-advised pass he threw, many which he "got away" with...and when you're getting huge pressure up the middle, how about at least once in a blue moon a few screens, draws etc? I think I saw all of one screen pass. And why did he (and/or our overrated OC) abandon the run well into the 2d half? Sure it didn't have a great average, but we did occasionally break a play, and the passing game sure wasn't getting much further. At least running plays keep the O on the field longer.

I confess for the first time I started to seriously consider the "Manning doesn't show up for big games" bit (at least sometimes).

3 - Rhodes and Addai: they again showed that Addai is not 500 times better than Rhodes, which I've been tired of hearing all year. Sure Addai is/should be the main back, but Rhodes is well worth keeping around as a "1b" option (I admit I might not mind a mid/late draft pick on a high upside guy though, maybe a Jacobs type).

Edited by BeeR